The RSC SMG Factory - any tips?

Comments

• Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is garbage, in my opinion
    For the range it is intended to, use shotgun....for close-mid range, use other weapons way more effective (MP 18, Hellriegel and so on)
    This weapon has no purpose, yes it hits hard, slow fire rate, slow reload, low ammo capacity....missed shots and lag will get you kill reloading
    I tried to love it due to its hip fire accuracy, but i just can't....constantly looking for cover to reload after i kill an opponent is getting tiresome
    Maybe (and taht is a soft maybe) it would be good on TDM? Or on maps with smaller player count, but as it is now, i dont see it's purpose
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Tap fire, that's it. I leave it in full auto mode and tap when needed.

It's easily able to be effective full auto in extreme CQB, outside that I don't recommend it due to the amount of vertical recoil.

I just unlocked the optical variant which I like a bit more for ADS shooting.

It's a weird assault gun. It's fun to use in the same way the AL35 is fun to use, but it severely limits your ability to deal with multiple targets.

If you are good with using your pistol it can be a fun kit to run around with.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Use it like an Automatico, one or two cqc hipfire kills then run away, reload, and re-engage. Complete the assignment. Then either service star it if that's something you care about or just use the Automatico instead if you want something with this play style.

Definitely won't service star it. Once I get the 50 kills, it's going to the back of the line and I'll switch back to my trusty mp-18 optical.
  • OrionPherrit
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Git a beeger gonn. ;) The baby RSC was a tanker’s personal defense weapon and not intended to be the tip of the spear in frontline offense. If you insist on using it, stick to claustrophobic CQB maps like Fort de Vaux or night maps where enemies take longer to notice you.

My tip is to just star it once, then either donate it to a museum or pack it in cosmoline until the Zombie Apocalypse.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Git a beeger gonn. ;) The baby RSC was a tanker’s personal defense weapon and not intended to be the tip of the spear in frontline offense. If you insist on using it, stick to claustrophobic CQB maps like Fort de Vaux or night maps where enemies take longer to notice you.

My tip is to just star it once, then either donate it to a museum or pack it in cosmoline until the Zombie Apocalypse.

I just want to complete the assignment (get 50 kills) so I can unlock the RSC SMG Optical. Trust me, once I complete the assignment, I don't plan on ever using it again.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    it is garbage, just stick to the mp18, hellreigel or ribey. I think i'll service star it and then leave it alone unless it gets changes.

edit - if you just want 50 kills with it, it shouldn't be too hard but I'm guessing the optical version won't be much better, it really needs at least 11-12 bullets to make it viable imo, at least you would have a decent chance of taking 2 guys out then. just try to stick to single targets at close range if you're having problems and only want the 50 kills.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On pc it's really good on consoles maybe not.
    It's more accurate than the other guns but u have to play it like how u would play with auto 8.35 fact or mark.
  • disposalist
    8846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    On pc it's really good on consoles maybe not.
    It's more accurate than the other guns but u have to play it like how u would play with auto 8.35 fact or mark.
    I'm on PC and I hate it. It's like other SMGs, but an 8/9 mag and it is not more accurate at all. Awful.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So sad that Dice messed up a great opportunity to introduce a fabulous new SMG into the game.....all it needed was a 16 or 21 round magazine.

I foresee this could-have-been-fabulous SMG to completely disappear from players loadouts in the near future.

The worst is you realize how great this SMG could have been, but you know it will never be.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I put it in semi auto and i get tons of kills with rhat weapon easy
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Hipfire it, do the assignment, then retire it.

Believe me, those 50 kills couldnt come quicker?
    Feels like an affliction gun to me....
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    obisearch wrote: »

:lol: I made thread about the gun when it was first released, I think a few people had been smoking that day as they was praising it :lol:
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if they made it a 2-hit kill up to 50m? Even so I don't see myself using it much. :)
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    Maybe if they made it a 2-hit kill up to 50m? Even so I don't see myself using it much. :)

That would be so stupidly OP I don't even want to think about it.
  • tostirooster
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't use that Factory variant at all but for some reason I can do extremely well with the Optical variant (although I usually hate the lens sights on any weapon). On console, at least.
    The recoil on the Factory variant is so wobbly that I have problems keeping my aim on point, the Optical the recoil seems much more reliable. Maybe Dice added that strange recoil pattern because the weapon doesn't have a shoulder stock?
  • Hawxxeye
    7079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    During those 50 kills I did the following trick:
    I made it look like I was fleelign to lure enemies to chase me inside a building or past a corner. Just as soon as I am past the corner I turn back and go straight at the pursuer. This surprises them and also means that they are so close that none of the shots miss and they die horribly
  • diagoro
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

:lol: I made thread about the gun when it was first released, I think a few people had been smoking that day as they was praising it :lol:

Actually enjoyed using it. Was nice to get quick kills and win 1 on 1s......but that time I looked down the stairs and saw 4 coming at me...
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    diagoro wrote: »

Actually enjoyed using it. Was nice to get quick kills and win 1 on 1s......but that time I looked down the stairs and saw 4 coming at me...

That's what the obrez is for.

Gotta get them quad collats for YouTube somehow.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    During those 50 kills I did the following trick:
    I made it look like I was fleelign to lure enemies to chase me inside a building or past a corner. Just as soon as I am past the corner I turn back and go straight at the pursuer. This surprises them and also means that they are so close that none of the shots miss and they die horribly

jZ2J5Yv.gif
  • LanceKilkenny65
    104 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fire your 8 shot burst and hide while it reloads... I unlocked both of them during the horrible lag... I want to go back now and try them. I find the best way to rack kills for unlocking things is front lines because almost everyone is always going to be concentrated on one objective at a time.... operations is maybe the second best except you are going to have lots of snipers. Team death match is by far the worst because you could have people hiding anywhere. Some of the better maps combos i have found: Frontlines - argonne forrest or amiens .... operations - Monte Grappa as a defender in any of the bunkers