The recently published class percentages

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good balance.
  • Foot_Lieutenant
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bleachee wrote: »
    Here's the current numbers:

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/weapons

Medic has almost tied Assault. Meanwhile Support, the least played class since launch, continues to drop as a consequence of the TTK 2.0 nerfs. I hope DICE recognizes this soon and rebalances Support before they give up on updating the game. Support is not in a good place currently.

Do you check kills or time spend by weapon?
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't defend snipers at all, but if you go by the numbers, same can and should be told about assaults?
    In fact, the most classes on a match u will see are assaults, unless defending on operations, that is

Yup, most played class because of easy point and click automatic weapons. Still tanks survive forever on the battefield, even though 2-3 should be able to take them out in a matter of seconds.

People pick assault for corner camping and easy kills not for dealing with vehicles. No wonder your typical assault runs away as soon as enemy tank appears nearby.
    Some can say wahtever they want about scouts and hillhumping but assault is and will always stay the most braindead class in the game.

Although hillhumping snipers are bad too. But I just hate the one-sided perspecitve here in the forums. Hillhumping snipers are bad, spray&pray assaults are bad, constantly bipoded supports are bad, medicts that don't revive are bad. Or in short: Bad players are bad.

I think a lot of people just miss that the level of players in here is far above the average players.

For a better experience, I think it would be better if medic was played by the majority and the other three about balanced behind it.
  • bleachee
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Medic has almost tied Assault. Meanwhile Support, the least played class since launch, continues to drop as a consequence of the TTK 2.0 nerfs. I hope DICE recognizes this soon and rebalances Support before they give up on updating the game. Support is not in a good place currently.

Do you check kills or time spend by weapon?

I check both. Time Spent and Kills generally track closely, except in the case of Scout where kills are significantly lower than time spent. This should come as no surprise given how prevalent ineffective hillhumping scouts are.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Shouldn't come as a surprise as scouts usually stay away from meatgrinders that other classes use to boost their kpm with useless kills
  • Foot_Lieutenant
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So back to OPs topic: Scout rifles are second most used (by time spent) weapon class in the game right after assault's SMGs by Battlefield tracker site. I don't know where DICE got their numbers but medic and scout should switch places in chart.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, would it shock anyone to think, if they made it easier to kill, it would then make it easier to DIE????? And what would happen if you make it easier to die, with 12 to 30 second loading respawns?????

The change would promote ...

A) more quitting, causing major balance issues.

And/or

B) More CAMPING lol.

And i'm seeing bipod lmg's camping. I'm seeing Medics camping, and yes, more snipers camping.

And so, i don't see the surprise, and probably going to get worse.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I have come to realize is the map determines what class I'm going to run which sucks. That was not the case Pre-TTK 2.0. Amiens and Argonne I run Assault. Every other map I have to run medic due to most likely engagement range. People are also figure out its pointless to run support and unless you just want to camp a place that has long sight lines. Its pretty obvious to anybody playing that the gameplay has shifted in a bad way for the overall game.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Well, would it shock anyone to think, if they made it easier to kill, it would then make it easier to DIE????? And what would happen if you make it easier to die, with 12 to 30 second loading respawns?????

The change would promote ...

A) more quitting, causing major balance issues.

And/or

B) More CAMPING lol.

And i'm seeing bipod lmg's camping. I'm seeing Medics camping, and yes, more snipers camping.

And so, i don't see the surprise, and probably going to get worse.

Dude, I can't count the number of times I have seen an LMG camping right beside a scout. I've also said that whoever had the bright idea for TTK 2.0 really were clueless in the impact it would have on gameplay. Its had nearly the opposite impact of everything they claimed would take place.
  • Smoekje
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DankDope99 wrote: »
    In the link you posted it shows scout as the third most used class with only support behind it.

The numbers you posted make this argument invalid

Hence, why he didn't link it in the op. He just wanted to make a scout bashing thread and hoped people would take his word for it with a veiled reference. At least he provided the link later on.

Sorry. Never wanted to make a bashing thread. I thought I said it was the 33rd popular class. That's why I said I could not believe these numbers.
  • spartanx169x
    I don't defend snipers at all, but if you go by the numbers, same can and should be told about assaults?
    In fact, the most classes on a match u will see are assaults, unless defending on operations, that is

Yup, most played class because of easy point and click automatic weapons. Still tanks survive forever on the battefield, even though 2-3 should be able to take them out in a matter of seconds.

People pick assault for corner camping and easy kills not for dealing with vehicles. No wonder your typical assault runs away as soon as enemy tank appears nearby.
    Some can say wahtever they want about scouts and hillhumping but assault is and will always stay the most braindead class in the game.

Its been my experience that the camping assaults do vs scouts do is considerably different. Camping is a viable strategy if done to defend an objective. This is usually the different between assaults and scouts. Typical assault camping consists of being in and around and objective to defend it and provide a spawn point for your squad. Thats not always the case, but generally speaking that is the norm. Yeah, you have the occasional random corner camper , but I think that is really not that common. Additionally what you think is camping may not be. It is common for me to stop if I hear somebody coming to a corner i'm approaching and pop them when they turn the corner or enter the room. I walk a lot of the time because I can hear better thus have a better chance at winning the confrontation.

Now compare that against scouts.

In my experience at least half of the scouts for any given match go immediately find their camping spot and stick to it no matter what. Ballroom Blitz is a good example of this. You get a team with 8 to 10 scouts that proceed to the Courtyard upper level, within a few minutes all objectives will be taken and it will be a slaughter of scouts the rest of the match. the scouts and now LMGs fight in that area for control of it while doing nothing to take objectives. Lots of blowout matches are happening now on that map as a direct result of TTK 2.0.

The number of camping Scouts and now the number of camping supports can now make or break a team more so than ever.
  • WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, support really isn't in a good place at the moment. It's somewhat lost its niche really. Also doesn't really offer that effective a team role as most players don't seem to live long enough to need more ammo anyway (other than facilitating grenade resupply).

I can see why people mostly focus on Medic and Assault. Assault for the vehicles. Medic for pretty much everything else.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Scouts don't have the tools to fight effectively for objectives like assault players do other than a pistol. What do you expect? The class is built around playing at range and being defensive. Hence why so few scouts even try to.

It used to be more reasonable before TTK2.0 when you could quick swap to your pistol to finish off a kill at close range, but now SMGs, SLRs, and LMGs all kill you faster than you can swap to and fire your pistol. So you're stuck either hanging back or running around with the Bodeo out all the time.
  • bleachee
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Yeah, support really isn't in a good place at the moment. It's somewhat lost its niche really. Also doesn't really offer that effective a team role as most players don't seem to live long enough to need more ammo anyway (other than facilitating grenade resupply).

I can see why people mostly focus on Medic and Assault. Assault for the vehicles. Medic for pretty much everything else.

That's how it feels to me. The TTK 2.0 changes have compressed the game down to Assaults and Medics. If you want to play effectively and actively, meaning PTFO primarily, you will want to pick either Assault or Medic. Support can still be effective defending in Operations while on the bipod, but that is a very limited role.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice has made the game sniper friendly. The sweet spot is just wrong IMO. Most weapons are useless over 100 meters. All assault weapons do not have a 100 meter kill range that is dependable. Medic rifles have the range, but to see and kill without a scope over 100 meters is difficult. LMG's also have the range, but are garbage in this game.

I just play Conquest. Scouts account for at least a third of each team. Most of the scouts are garbage and usually fall at the bottom third of the scoreboard. Good scouts are valuable and have a place on my squad if they keep up with the assault and I have an ammo guy that resupplies him.
  • WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That's how it feels to me. The TTK 2.0 changes have compressed the game down to Assaults and Medics. If you want to play effectively and actively, meaning PTFO primarily, you will want to pick either Assault or Medic. Support can still be effective defending in Operations while on the bipod, but that is a very limited role.

Yeah, game mode makes a difference for sure. I play Conquest and Supports are good for free points, and can be effective at killing - but they don't offer the same teamplay benefits as those other classes. It's basically:

deal with vehicles = assault
    deal with close quarters = assault and some medic guns
    deal with medium to longer ranges = medics
    revive the assaults = medic

Occasionally a spot flare is good for identifying the location of a camper (although the perk to not be spotted has weakened that, and movement nerfs now mean dealing with them is a bit tougher too)
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
    Scouts account for at least a third of each team.

This is what the data reveals to be an illusion. It's more like 22%, and that's quite ok.
    wrote:
    Dice has made the game sniper friendly. The sweet spot is just wrong IMO.

Frankly, the complaining about the sweetspots is also getting tiresome. What's the difference between getting killed by a sweetspot shot at 50m or getting killed by 3-4 or 5 quasi-instantaneous hits of a lmg/slr/smg that all have at least 5x the rounds per minute of a scout rifle ? You won't be able to shoot back in either situation. If you had to replay most of your deaths where you got sweetspotted and replaced your opponent by any other class, i bet you'll still die just the same 99% of the time.

Sweetspots were added for two reasons - preventing scout rifles being OHK (except for headshots) at close range like they are in most other games, and creating some artificial variety for a set of weapons that would otherwise have been more or less all identical. Most dedicated scouts don't rely on sweetspots, because you seldom can guarantee the engagement range will be optimal (or hitting an arm drops you from best ttk to one of the worst).
  • trip1ex
    5227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Smoekje wrote: »

Cool. French Army has the lowest win rate.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Occasionally a spot flare is good for identifying the location of a camper (although the perk to not be spotted has weakened that, and movement nerfs now mean dealing with them is a bit tougher too)

I would argue that flares are VERY helpful when attacking a well-defended point. About one Scout per squad, popping flares and moving about 30 yards behind the rest of the group is an excellent addition to the team.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Scouts don't have the tools to fight effectively for objectives like assault players do other than a pistol. What do you expect? The class is built around playing at range and being defensive. Hence why so few scouts even try to.

It used to be more reasonable before TTK2.0 when you could quick swap to your pistol to finish off a kill at close range, but now SMGs, SLRs, and LMGs all kill you faster than you can swap to and fire your pistol. So you're stuck either hanging back or running around with the Bodeo out all the time.

Not this again. Giving scouts the "tools" to come in close won't make them do it unless maybe you give them an Automatico as a secondary, but even then I'm skeptical. The class is strong enough up close for those that want a challenge and the ones that want to come close with less challenge pick a different class. Most of the bad scouts play that class so they are as far away from the action as possible with a chance to get a kill here and there. Just because you don't like the challenge of playing scout up close doesn't mean the class needs a change.