For the Love of God, please fix team balancing.

2»

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    War never changes.
  • CHEFARZT1
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    War, huh, yeah
    What is it good for ?
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CHEFARZT1 wrote: »
    War, huh, yeah
    What is it good for ?

For taking oil.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just to add my +1, biggest problem the game has by a long mile, which also to me seems to have gotten worst lately.
    Dice please, if it's the last thing you do for this game let it be some sort of improvement and numbers based rebalancing before the game starts.
  • spartanx169x
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    I have yet to see a single good solution to this "problem". So you're saying people quit a game when they're getting steamrolled, opening spots for new people joining a random game? Crazy! Lol.

The only solution is switching people all the time, which is even more annoying. Imagine you're fighting hard to win a game, and then you get swapped and are now in the other team. I can't be the only one who'd just quit and move to another server? But in either case this is way more annoying than NOT having autoswitching.

They switch me mid game to the losing side I'm straight up quitting. I'm not going to work my tail off to have it thrown out the window and yeah, in some games Its work but in a good way.
  • LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are people seriously acting like this is new or unique? Like this isnt a feature of literally every BF game ever?

There's nothing to be done other than between-round autobalancing.
  • GVlXxf
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sometime we saw the map will be reloaded, i think it's mid round balancer working, but sometime, it didn't balance at all, like 12 VS 20, i was allocated to 12 men team, it's really imbalance( previous map my team have a big defeat win
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now it seems like you can go on crazy winning or losing streaks. I just played 8 matches and won 7 in a row and all but 1 of the 8 were complete domination. There is definitely something messed up with the balance.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Re: mid-round balancing: If you've 'worked hard' for the winning team, you won't get switched. If people leave because they get switched, it'll keep happening until there's just people left that actually like a fair game.

Either way is good. Either way, a fair game for 63 people beats one person's annoyance. Even if it does kill the game because too many people leave: good. Better than a protracted, one-sided, pointless landslide.
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The thread title says it all. I know that DICE is done with this game and moving on to the next release, but FFS. If you even want to leave this as a legacy game, you HAVE to fix team balancing. The situation right now is intolerable, and makes the game unplayable. If you spawn in for the first game, you are immediately placed on a team so bad and clueless they can't hold a single objective. If you stick around long enough you MIGHT get bounced over to the winning team, but doubtful. More likely, you're going to lose seven games before winning one. WHY IN THE HELL do we have 32 vs 24, with all the highest ranked players on the stacked team? It's out of control. It's ruining the game.

If you really want change you should know this isn't the place to post. Here all you will achieve is vent your frustration and have other people do so as well. Post on the reddit page, higher chance of somebody actually reading but believe me they know by now about the issue and there is so much they can do.

Your best option is to keep growing Lucky7 to the point we occupy an entire team and wreck the enemy all the time ;P.
  • RRedux
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    The thread title says it all. I know that DICE is done with this game and moving on to the next release, but FFS. If you even want to leave this as a legacy game, you HAVE to fix team balancing. The situation right now is intolerable, and makes the game unplayable. If you spawn in for the first game, you are immediately placed on a team so bad and clueless they can't hold a single objective. If you stick around long enough you MIGHT get bounced over to the winning team, but doubtful. More likely, you're going to lose seven games before winning one. WHY IN THE HELL do we have 32 vs 24, with all the highest ranked players on the stacked team? It's out of control. It's ruining the game.

If you really want change you should know this isn't the place to post. Here all you will achieve is vent your frustration and have other people do so as well. Post on the reddit page, higher chance of somebody actually reading but believe me they know by now about the issue and there is so much they can do.

Your best option is to keep growing Lucky7 to the point we occupy an entire team and wreck the enemy all the time ;P.

The key is that the MM punish players when they do well. If you do well, and get wins, then the MM will put you on worse and worse teams until it is impossible for you to win.

And then when you have lost enough matches in a row, it will place you on a team full of good players vs a team of really bad players, which such a big disparity that you feel like you get a win without actually having to do anything for it.

It's kinda hard to tell which way is worse, that you get served up a free win from the matchmaker because it takes pity on your loss streak, or that you get placed on terrible teams over and over again to punish you for doing well.

The worst part is, it wouldn't really matter so much if the teams were just *slightly* skewed in favor of one team. Then it could feel like it was possible to overcome. But nope, most of the time it's just a horrible, obvious steamroll for one side or the other. I suppose you can still make a difference if you have a full pre-made squad or 2, but for solo players it's just pointless.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @RomioiStrategos yeah, I know, and I knew when I posted, that it has no chance of making a difference. I guess I just was actually venting. Although a couple of devs do seem to pass through here once in a while, but at the very least it's nice to see I am not alone in my frustration with this aspect of the game.
  • kakooserrano
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I understand that it's hard to implement a really competent team balancing system. I don't understand how hard it is to balance the amount of players at the start of a round.