SMG 08/18

Tactical_wizzzeR
351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
seriously DICE? ha ha ha!!!
well, if you can't beat em, join em.... I'll abuse this thing to kingdom come! you asked for it!
just when the meaning of the TTK patch was the avoid the spamfest of the Automatico and bring slow firing automatic weapons to be more competitive in CQB, DICE are like "SIKE! that's the wrong intention!" and buffed the SMG-08/18 to trollish levels.
this weapon would be competitive in Battlefield 3 if it would exist exactly as it is in that game!

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It eats hellriegels now
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Poor assaults definitely didn't have enough firepower to defend themselves so LA decided to fix that very important problem.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol, Here's the thing though, SMG08 is actually fun to use, unlike the hellriegel. No idea what it is, but I actually like it. I can't complain.
  • StJames0024
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    It eats hellriegels now

I only wished, I can beat anyone head-on with the SMG 08/18 except for those using the Automatico and Hellriegel
  • StJames0024
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol, Here's the thing though, SMG08 is actually fun to use, unlike the hellriegel. No idea what it is, but I actually like it. I can't complain.

Agreed
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The Hellriegel seems to be most effective when you fire the same-sized bursts all the time, regardless of target range. So it gets a little repetitive.

The 08's higher RPM/kick means you have to vary the bursts more; from wide-open at point blank to tiny little taps at range. And you need to more actively fight the recoil. So... maybe it's more fun because you interact with it a bit more?
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The gun now kills insanely fast now in CQ, don't know who thought it was a good idea to give it such a boost.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Took a unique, slow firing, mid/long range weapon and blended anything that makes it unique into everything I hate about all the other SMG's.

Probably will never use again.

Plus, its Tuesday
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    It has the same effective range as the Automatico had pre-ttk 2.0. So where's the issue? Its redundant. Its not overpowered.

It actually has less recoil than the Automatico, yes I know the RPM effect on Recoil. But still it's just as uncontrollable beyond 15 metres.
    Poor assaults definitely didn't have enough firepower to defend themselves so LA decided to fix that very important problem.

tenor.gif?itemid=5848526
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It also kills faster than the Automatico though.
  • MettMoxxi
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And the best thing about that all is that no one is using it regardless of mode (at least on ps4 tho). I mean it's truly strong now but the ppl rather stick to their schokoriegels and i hope that this stays forever
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it’s beastly but often never used so hopefully the nerf brigade doesn’t ruin it. It’s fun to use and can go toe to toe with the parabellum and bar as the best high RPM LMGS
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's fun to use with paranoia because of the good hip fire and 80 round mag.

Literaly just spray at them even out to 30 meters.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dude the weapon overheats instantly if you hold that trigger, i prefer to burst fire the weapon, and i have had success all over the place
  • Hawxxeye
    7742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not see it used often enough to consider its current state a problem
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well, if you can't beat em, join em.... I'll abuse this thing to kingdom come! you asked for it!
    just when the meaning of the TTK patch was the avoid the spamfest of the Automatico and bring slow firing automatic weapons to be more competitive in CQB, DICE are like "SIKE! that's the wrong intention!" and buffed the SMG-08/18 to trollish levels.
    this weapon would be competitive in Battlefield 3 if it would exist exactly as it is in that game!

One on one with RSC smg it does not do very well.
    Tbh people should try the RSC more instead of getting turned of by its 9 rounders.
  • Saddisticspeller
    xenome111 wrote: »

Tbh people should try the RSC more instead of getting turned of by its 9 rounders.

The RSC SMG has a higher TTK then the SMG 08. There is no reason to use the RSC SMG at the current point in time.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The RSC SMG has a higher TTK then the SMG 08. There is no reason to use the RSC SMG at the current point in time.

The RSC is apparently supposed to be the Autoloading 8.35 equivalent for the Assault class - these are the words of a DICE developer, not mine.

The gun can kill with three bullets, so it is possible to kill two, or even three enemies with one magazine. The gun can also maintain it's three hit kill up to 12m.

Unfortunately, the gun has hefty vertical recoil and a long reload. The short 3HK range also means that, whilst the gun can kill an enemy at distance using tap-firing, the damage drop-off and recoil make it a less than stellar choice for this; you'd be better off with a Ribeyrolles or Trench Carbine.

Can you do well with it? Yes, sometimes you can easily beat someone in a CQB 1V1, but not much else. The gun could be improved by giving it a much better damage drop-off, but then it would end up beating a lot of SLRs. It would be better to reduce the vertical recoil, but the gun was apparently infamous for it's uncontrollable recoil, so DICE might not do this. The Autoloading 8.35 is also a 'skill-cannon', but that gun is much, much more rewarding than the RSC SMG.

You're indeed better off with the now insane SMG08/18, the Hellriegel, the Automatico, or pretty much any other SMG. Even a Maschinenpistole is easier to use. Still, if you want a challenge with the Assault class, you finally have a gun that requires some actual skill, rather than spraying wildly with a high-firing or great-hipfire SMG, or getting insta-kills with a shotgun, or using the Ribeyrolles to get easy medium range kills.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That's only when ure head on to that person and also not accounting for hs but after 10m both have same TTK and then from 22 to 30m RSC has the advantage then it again reverses and vice versa depends on ur taste really I find the irons on smg to be fat and I don't like that.
  • Saddisticspeller

The RSC is apparently supposed to be the Autoloading 8.35 equivalent for the Assault class - these are the words of a DICE developer, not mine.

The gun can kill with three bullets, so it is possible to kill two, or even three enemies with one magazine. The gun can also maintain it's three hit kill up to 12m.

Unfortunately, the gun has hefty vertical recoil and a long reload. The short 3HK range also means that, whilst the gun can kill an enemy at distance using tap-firing, the damage drop-off and recoil make it a less than stellar choice for this; you'd be better off with a Ribeyrolles or Trench Carbine.

Can you do well with it? Yes, sometimes you can easily beat someone in a CQB 1V1, but not much else. The gun could be improved by giving it a much better damage drop-off, but then it would end up beating a lot of SLRs. It would be better to reduce the vertical recoil, but the gun was apparently infamous for it's uncontrollable recoil, so DICE might not do this. The Autoloading 8.35 is also a 'skill-cannon', but that gun is much, much more rewarding than the RSC SMG.

You're indeed better off with the now insane SMG08/18, the Hellriegel, the Automatico, or pretty much any other SMG. Even a Maschinenpistole is easier to use. Still, if you want a challenge with the Assault class, you finally have a gun that requires some actual skill, rather than spraying wildly with a high-firing or great-hipfire SMG, or getting insta-kills with a shotgun, or using the Ribeyrolles to get easy medium range kills.

The Model 1900 is already a great choice if you want a bit more thinking with Assualt. The RSC SMG as it stands fills no role.

If you want a skill cannon on assualt the two slugs and the Maschinenpistole (yes it has great 1v1 capability, the skill is going on a massive kill streak with it) are already there. If you want a CQC power house the Automatico and SMG 08 exist. If you want a good all rounder the Hellriegel and Ribeyrolles exist. It really just has no point in existing.