SMG 08/18

Comments

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    seriously DICE? ha ha ha!!!
    well, if you can't beat em, join em.... I'll abuse this thing to kingdom come! you asked for it!
    just when the meaning of the TTK patch was the avoid the spamfest of the Automatico and bring slow firing automatic weapons to be more competitive in CQB, DICE are like "SIKE! that's the wrong intention!" and buffed the SMG-08/18 to trollish levels.
    this weapon would be competitive in Battlefield 3 if it would exist exactly as it is in that game!

One on one with RSC smg it does not do very well.
    Tbh people should try the RSC more instead of getting turned of by its 9 rounders.

The RSC SMG has a higher TTK then the SMG 08. There is no reason to use the RSC SMG at the current point in time.

The RSC is apparently supposed to be the Autoloading 8.35 equivalent for the Assault class - these are the words of a DICE developer, not mine.

The gun can kill with three bullets, so it is possible to kill two, or even three enemies with one magazine. The gun can also maintain it's three hit kill up to 12m.

Unfortunately, the gun has hefty vertical recoil and a long reload. The short 3HK range also means that, whilst the gun can kill an enemy at distance using tap-firing, the damage drop-off and recoil make it a less than stellar choice for this; you'd be better off with a Ribeyrolles or Trench Carbine.

Can you do well with it? Yes, sometimes you can easily beat someone in a CQB 1V1, but not much else. The gun could be improved by giving it a much better damage drop-off, but then it would end up beating a lot of SLRs. It would be better to reduce the vertical recoil, but the gun was apparently infamous for it's uncontrollable recoil, so DICE might not do this. The Autoloading 8.35 is also a 'skill-cannon', but that gun is much, much more rewarding than the RSC SMG.

You're indeed better off with the now insane SMG08/18, the Hellriegel, the Automatico, or pretty much any other SMG. Even a Maschinenpistole is easier to use. Still, if you want a challenge with the Assault class, you finally have a gun that requires some actual skill, rather than spraying wildly with a high-firing or great-hipfire SMG, or getting insta-kills with a shotgun, or using the Ribeyrolles to get easy medium range kills.

The Model 1900 is already a great choice if you want a bit more thinking with Assualt. The RSC SMG as it stands fills no role.

If you want a skill cannon on assualt the two slugs and the Maschinenpistole (yes it has great 1v1 capability, the skill is going on a massive kill streak with it) are already there. If you want a CQC power house the Automatico and SMG 08 exist. If you want a good all rounder the Hellriegel and Ribeyrolles exist. It really just has no point in existing.

You're right - a slug shotgun, or any variant of the Model 1900, works as a better skill-canon than the RSC SMG.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    well, if you can't beat em, join em.... I'll abuse this thing to kingdom come! you asked for it!
    just when the meaning of the TTK patch was the avoid the spamfest of the Automatico and bring slow firing automatic weapons to be more competitive in CQB, DICE are like "SIKE! that's the wrong intention!" and buffed the SMG-08/18 to trollish levels.
    this weapon would be competitive in Battlefield 3 if it would exist exactly as it is in that game!

Tbh people should try the RSC more instead of getting turned of by its 9 rounders.

The RSC SMG has a higher TTK then the SMG 08. There is no reason to use the RSC SMG at the current point in time.

The RSC is apparently supposed to be the Autoloading 8.35 equivalent for the Assault class - these are the words of a DICE developer, not mine.

The gun can kill with three bullets, so it is possible to kill two, or even three enemies with one magazine. The gun can also maintain it's three hit kill up to 12m.

Unfortunately, the gun has hefty vertical recoil and a long reload. The short 3HK range also means that, whilst the gun can kill an enemy at distance using tap-firing, the damage drop-off and recoil make it a less than stellar choice for this; you'd be better off with a Ribeyrolles or Trench Carbine.

Can you do well with it? Yes, sometimes you can easily beat someone in a CQB 1V1, but not much else. The gun could be improved by giving it a much better damage drop-off, but then it would end up beating a lot of SLRs. It would be better to reduce the vertical recoil, but the gun was apparently infamous for it's uncontrollable recoil, so DICE might not do this. The Autoloading 8.35 is also a 'skill-cannon', but that gun is much, much more rewarding than the RSC SMG.

You're indeed better off with the now insane SMG08/18, the Hellriegel, the Automatico, or pretty much any other SMG. Even a Maschinenpistole is easier to use. Still, if you want a challenge with the Assault class, you finally have a gun that requires some actual skill, rather than spraying wildly with a high-firing or great-hipfire SMG, or getting insta-kills with a shotgun, or using the Ribeyrolles to get easy medium range kills.

The Model 1900 is already a great choice if you want a bit more thinking with Assualt. The RSC SMG as it stands fills no role.

If you want a skill cannon on assualt the two slugs and the Maschinenpistole (yes it has great 1v1 capability, the skill is going on a massive kill streak with it) are already there. If you want a CQC power house the Automatico and SMG 08 exist. If you want a good all rounder the Hellriegel and Ribeyrolles exist. It really just has no point in existing.

You're right - a slug shotgun, or any variant of the Model 1900, works as a better skill-canon than the RSC SMG.

Plus they're actually fun to use, Model 1900 easily the most fun gun in the game, maybe only behind Martini-Henry.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    And the best thing about that all is that no one is using it regardless of mode (at least on ps4 tho). I mean it's truly strong now but the ppl rather stick to their schokoriegels and i hope that this stays forever

Play Dom, it's almost as common as the Hellriegel now
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play on a PS4 and I can’t control the SMG 08/18 recoil now. It used to be a laser beam, albeit slow firing, that worked well on close medium ranges. Now it’s a completely different weapon. Not a fan.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Plus they're actually fun to use, Model 1900 easily the most fun gun in the game, maybe only behind Martini-Henry.

When using the 1900, I feel like a farmer that woke up to the sound of gunfire and looked out his window to see a ton of people shooting at each other in his field, and half of them were speaking a different language.

So he grabs his varmint gun, puts on his Elmer Fudd hat, and runs outside screaming, "You're ruining my turnips, you jerks!"
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

When using the 1900, I feel like a farmer that woke up to the sound of gunfire and looked out his window to see a ton of people shooting at each other in his field, and half of them were speaking a different language.

So he grabs his varmint gun, puts on his Elmer Fudd hat, and runs outside screaming, "You're ruining my turnips, you jerks!"

Lol I legitimately use my double barrel to deer hunt irl. Love them Model1900
  • GhenQui
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SMG 08/18 is the new scrub gun on PC. An 80 round mag at 770 RPM with the new time to kill? What a joke.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GhenQui wrote: »
    SMG 08/18 is the new scrub gun on PC. An 80 round mag at 770 RPM with the new time to kill? What a joke.

This gun is pretty silly on PC now. I've been getting hackusations left and right with this thing - you can clear out the trenches on the Somme without reloading if you have some minimal burst control.
  • Saddisticspeller

This gun is pretty silly on PC now. I've been getting hackusations left and right with this thing - you can clear out the trenches on the Somme without reloading if you have some minimal burst control.

Console its stupid as well. Running it with paranoia (those melee kills are taking longer then expected) and the hipfire ability makes killing even out to about 20m easy as cake. The reload is barely slower then an automatico (I never thought I'd say the Automatico is weak compared to the SMG08) but comes with an extra 56 rounds in the mag along with a lower TTK.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch

Console its stupid as well. Running it with paranoia (those melee kills are taking longer then expected) and the hipfire ability makes killing even out to about 20m easy as cake. The reload is barely slower then an automatico (I never thought I'd say the Automatico is weak compared to the SMG08) but comes with an extra 56 rounds in the mag along with a lower TTK.

The Automatico has superior hip-fire to it, but overall, it loses out to the SMG08. I wonder if DICE will re-touch this weapon in the future ...
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the gun is good, but its not like the Hellriegal, any noob can pick it up and slay at any range type of good. To get kills outside of CQC you need some recoil control. Its like a more controllable HR defensive.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

The problem is, that the gun is only than good when you have a duell man vs man, against a medic or scout or a support guy with a slow firing lmg. The Assault will simply outgun you in most of the situations due to either you missing a shot or he just spraying you down in an instant. But also if you win a gunfight, you have a really long reload, which you have to perform twice in order to get back 9 bullets to fire. It is simply not worth it.

I have played it and I actually (even though this sounded very negative) like the gun, because it is indeed unique. I even did good with it, but any other SMG will, facing the truth, do the job better. If you are looking for a fun challenge, than you will want to unlock this SMG.
  • Saddisticspeller

The Automatico has superior hip-fire to it, but overall, it loses out to the SMG08. I wonder if DICE will re-touch this weapon in the future ...

The trench Automatico still has it's place but the factory and storm are worthless now.
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guys it already went from 0.5 Usage to 3 percent in 5 days .. Soon it will get much more?

Seriosuly why do you want this not to be nerfed its just a stupid weapon.. I bet in 10 days will tbe used by 10% of the players.. Remember that 80% of the community does not read patch changes I am talking about the casual players.. They notice good guns by how many times they get killed by it

All the best assaults on my friendly list are using this crap fest right now .. They ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ people CSQ and soon all those destroyed will start switching to it cuz theyr see someone is off about this.. The first 3% are all elite players that picked it up knowing it was good from test realmts etc

This will account atleast 10/15% of SMG usage or even more pretty soon the rest will play Hellriegel cuz its still good and then some Automatico ( Vanila players) and Shotguns...

With TTK 2 and this noob of a weapon you cant fight assault in CSQ..

Against Hellriegel you have a shot even with Farquh if you fire first and his spread misses a little you can kill him... Even if you sidestep etc.. But against SMG if u dont get him from 15 meters+ he will always win
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And the best thing about that all is that no one is using it regardless of mode (at least on ps4 tho). I mean it's truly strong now but the ppl rather stick to their schokoriegels and i hope that this stays forever

Play Dom, it's almost as common as the Hellriegel now

@ShiveringLights

It is more common then Hellriegel I played 7/8 hours Domination last 2 days cuz I am in a 5 man tourney for it and its only this weapon and sometimes Hellriegel... And I even feel relief when its riegel cuz maybe I got a shot to kill that guy :)

On Suez this weapon is a beast
    A camper with this noob on Sinai/Argonne can really ruin your day. Every elite assault that is playing now is using this to simply compete.

If you put AA sights on it its good at mid range...,,
  • StJames0024
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toshevbg wrote: »
    Guys it already went from 0.5 Usage to 3 percent in 5 days .. Soon it will get much more?

Seriosuly why do you want this not to be nerfed its just a stupid weapon.. I bet in 10 days will tbe used by 10% of the players.. Remember that 80% of the community does not read patch changes I am talking about the casual players.. They notice good guns by how many times they get killed by it

All the best assaults on my friendly list are using this crap fest right now .. They **** people CSQ and soon all those destroyed will start switching to it cuz theyr see someone is off about this.. The first 3% are all elite players that picked it up knowing it was good from test realmts etc

This will account atleast 10/15% of SMG usage or even more pretty soon the rest will play Hellriegel cuz its still good and then some Automatico ( Vanila players) and Shotguns...

With TTK 2 and this noob of a weapon you cant fight assault in CSQ..

Against Hellriegel you have a shot even with Farquh if you fire first and his spread misses a little you can kill him... Even if you sidestep etc.. But against SMG if u dont get him from 15 meters+ he will always win

The last part is so not true. I myself have used the SMG 08 and on average lose a fight against a Hellriegel/Automatico, RSC, Howell, and the Faquhar-hill. The SMG 08 does have the power to lay someone out flat in a heartbeat, but only if You are an highly experienced player and/or catch the other player off guard. With the SMG 08, it's not a matter of the weapon being OP, in this case, it's a matter of the user being OP. I can go for a 20 kill killstreak by hitting everyone, either from the side or from behind. I try not to charge head on.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just started playing again last night... Pretty much every assault on PC was using this gun now. I got killed once by a shotgun, and the rest of my deaths to assault players were with the SMG 08/18. I haven't personally used it yet, but it certainly seems ridiculously strong based on what I saw. Which really isn't surprising based on its stats.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yup, resist the urge to just hold down the trigger and you can make good on a flank by taking down a whole squad with just one mag.

I would honestly rather carry this thing than the flamethrower. They're both about as good at taking down large groups up close, but you can't tap-fire a guy down at 40 yards with the flamethrower!

I knew the gun was silly-good when I switched to the MP18-optical (a SMG that is SUPPOSED to have worse CQC performance in exchange for doing better mid-range) to finish an assignment and was having a harder time taking people down at 40 yards than with the SMG08.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Just started playing again last night... Pretty much every assault on PC was using this gun now. I got killed once by a shotgun, and the rest of my deaths to assault players were with the SMG 08/18. I haven't personally used it yet, but it certainly seems ridiculously strong based on what I saw. Which really isn't surprising based on its stats.

On ps4 most people are still running the hellriegel a few ribeyerolls and a smg 08 here and there. It's my go to for assualt now.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You guys must play a lot. I only play a few hours a night and have no idea or way of knowing in that amount of time what every assault or most assaults are playing with on XB1.