Domination

Comments

• ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    It's the mode with highest concentration of try hards and clan stacks.
    Yes both teams are usully based on high level players from platoons that really want to win. On Domination most people play to perform, they are not doing their own mini-game (assignments) and YT highlights. There are no chokepoints or spawntraps. Map flow is really good and the pace is fast.

Ehhh... Sinai map....

What about it...?

Spawn trap by the b flag.

Nope. Random deply twice then spawns at C or A.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes both teams are usully based on high level players from platoons that really want to win. On Domination most people play to perform, they are not doing their own mini-game (assignments) and YT highlights. There are no chokepoints or spawntraps. Map flow is really good and the pace is fast.

Ehhh... Sinai map....

What about it...?

It depends if the enemy team pushes to b but usually few of the times they don't but yes domination is better mode for all the maps currently.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never encountered anything like a spawn trap in Dom. It was quite the opposite: People spawning behind the A flag on Suez that was capped by us :S
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Never encountered anything like a spawn trap in Dom. It was quite the opposite: People spawning behind the A flag on Suez that was capped by us :S

If u guys cap the a and C flag and hold the buildings without pushing to b and killing all enemy so they need to spawn they will spawn at b for quite a time but eventually it does get randomized.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ehhh... Sinai map....

What about it...?

It depends if the enemy team pushes to b but usually few of the times they don't but yes domination is better mode for all the maps currently.

Random deploy will always spawn you at a flag. If you know how it works there is never an issue. Spanwning at squad mates who not move will of course get u stucked at a flag for a minute or two. Then the rotation starts because of spawns. 12.000 rounds Domination played and small traps can only be held on Ballroom Blitz, Amiens and Suez. 1-2 minutes MAX.
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gk9n6t7op wrote: »
    So many mouse/keyboard and chronus users all the sudden.

How do you know?

If you've played the game long enough you can tell when others are using peripheral equip. They just move differentg/better than most. Either that or tons of stimulants running through their systems. Had a guy xxbrazulsxx or something like that destroying while team other day. Three of us hunting and shooting at the guy and he slipped us every time.

no you can't. it's already really hard to tell when seeing gameplay of a player at times. but thinking that u can conclude from movement seen from a third person perspective to inputdevice is just ridiculous. just because someone is playing fast and aggressive with high sensitivity doesn't mean he uses any third party input device.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always rather enjoyed it, although haven't played since the TTK change. Might be trash now, dunno. I have to imagine it's nothing but Hellriegals anymore, it was almost that way before the patch.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Domination is a nice change of pace when I'm sick of not feeling like I'm affecting the outcome of the game in CQ. A few of the positives are:

- Individual players/squads can have a huge impact on the game outcome.
    - Victory Points are ONLY given through flag control and not kills. You win the game through taking and defending points an that's it.
    - Comebacks are more possible from pretty much any score deficit, as a triple-cap completely stops the enemy from getting points and greatly increases your points.
    - If the game devolves into two "blobs" running in a circle trading flags (much like CQ does too!) there is actual strategic value in being the lone guy to travel backwards and defend a flag against a swarm. Doing this in CQ just gives the enemy a free point from your death and doesn't really slow them down. In Domination, your "last stand" holding up the enemy for just ten or twenty seconds can make a huge impact and buy your team time to double-cap and bring the fight back around.

But yeah, it does get repetitive and I can only play so many matches in a row. And the small maps and no vehicles means that really big chunks of weapons and gadgets aren't very useful.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    I've gotten spawn trapped at the B flag in Dom on Sinai plenty of times. No idea if it's different nowadays though. Last time I played Dom was probably 7 or 8 months ago. I always avoided that flag for that reason unless we were absolutely wrecking the enemy team.

Otherwise I never really saw many spawn traps in Dom. Usually the game ended quickly anyway if one team was heavily stacked. Although I'm sure it's not as fast now since they doubled the tickets a while back.

I just don't think I can get back into Dom. Scout is still my favorite class overall and I can't see myself playing it in CQB like I used to anymore since TTK2.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    yeah Mazar Water Tower is a spawn trap fo'sure in Domination (pc), but it's about the only one really that I can think of.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I just don't think I can get back into Dom. Scout is still my favorite class overall and I can't see myself playing it in CQB like I used to anymore since TTK2.

Had some fun with the Vetterli on Argonne Forest, but besides that, yes. "Wide" maps are still only midrange engagements and there the RSCs dominate, and everywhere else you get shredded by Hellriegels/SMG 08/18s.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

How do you know?

If you've played the game long enough you can tell when others are using peripheral equip. They just move differentg/better than most. Either that or tons of stimulants running through their systems. Had a guy xxbrazulsxx or something like that destroying while team other day. Three of us hunting and shooting at the guy and he slipped us every time.

no you can't. it's already really hard to tell when seeing gameplay of a player at times. but thinking that u can conclude from movement seen from a third person perspective to inputdevice is just ridiculous. just because someone is playing fast and aggressive with high sensitivity doesn't mean he uses any third party input device.

Then he was the best player by far I've encountered in 1450 hrs. Light yrs ahead of anyone I've seen. Even better than the superyoutubers!
  • ElliotLH
    9540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How do you know?

Then he was the best player by far I've encountered in 1450 hrs. Light yrs ahead of anyone I've seen. Even better than the superyoutubers!

That's actually a possibility. I had the recent misfortune of playing against the apparent #3 player on Xbox and they destroyed everyone on my team with no trouble at all. It was both frustrating and incredible to watch.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really like domination on the Tsar maps but I don't like it as much on the vanilla ones, except Argonne. Overall, it's the right size game to notice how your skill is making a difference. Yes, it's mostly a merry-go-round, but most engagements are between a manageable number of people, and you get fewer deaths just to sheer outnumbering. Plus there's no tanks or horses or planes, so you can concentrate on your infantry skill.

I don't think however that its a healthy diet just by itself, so I also recommend a bit of operations for your five-a-day ;-)
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played this game for couple days, returning after a year, didnt play it cause its terrible game and terrible Battlefront reskin (disagree all you want I dont give a da**). Domination is a great mode for infantry only combat, and a lot of clan wars happens on Dom (at least it used to be on BF4), yes it has its flaws when you re surrounded my muppets and wannabe American Snipers, and platoons pub stack as always which unbalances the teams, which helps them then jerk eachother off when high KDR is achieved or whatever other stat gets their libido going. Spawn trapping is possible on any map for as long as your platoon or jerking buddies are familiar with spawns. I kinda wish it was competitive only mode with weapon/gadget restrictions etc.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battlefield 1 has some of these most amazingly designed CQC maps of any FPS, and some of the most poorly designed maps for large game modes.

DOM and TDM are fun. I will never get why the conquest elite "true" battlefielders hate on small game modes.

Suez, Sinai, St Quentin, Giants Shadow, even Ballroom with the stupid balcony. These are some of the finest small mode maps ever made.

They easily clown on even the best COD maps.

• The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How do you know?

I didn't say anything about this particular guy. I said that it's not possible to reliably tell who uses third party input devices based on third person observation (playing with or against that player).
    keep in mind youtubers are entertainers, they aren't necessarily very good players. however I can't see how u judge about that from third person. I mean u compare YouTube footage to what u see a guy doing in game. those are two completely different things.
    regardless the guy u saw might have used such a device, I don't know. I just stated that u can't tell from your perspective if it really was for sure. it might or might not have been.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1 has some of these most amazingly designed CQC maps of any FPS, and some of the most poorly designed maps for large game modes.

DOM and TDM are fun. I will never get why the conquest elite "true" battlefielders hate on small game modes.

Suez, Sinai, St Quentin, Giants Shadow, even Ballroom with the stupid balcony. These are some of the finest small mode maps ever made.

Amiens, Quentin, Giant's Shadow, Prise de Tahure, and Suez are top tier. Sinai is decent as well but it's a heck of a trek out into the desert to B. On TDM it's better, you can usually just ignore the hill humpers and have fun in the town. Soissons, Rupture, Tsaritsyn, and Passchendaele are fun on the smaller modes too. I don't know what you (and everyone that votes for it when it comes up) see in Ballroom though. Tight hallways for SMG/shotgun spam and then the stupid balcony. It's one of the worst TDM and Domination maps imo. Same with Monte Crappa and Empires Edge. No clue why people always vote for those junk maps.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Amiens, Quentin, Giant's Shadow, Prise de Tahure, and Suez are top tier. Sinai is decent as well but it's a heck of a trek out into the desert to B. On TDM it's better, you can usually just ignore the hill humpers and have fun in the town. Soissons, Rupture, Tsaritsyn, and Passchendaele are fun on the smaller modes too. I don't know what you (and everyone that votes for it when it comes up) see in Ballroom though. Tight hallways for SMG/shotgun spam and then the stupid balcony. It's one of the worst TDM and Domination maps imo. Same with Monte Crappa and Empires Edge. No clue why people always vote for those junk maps.

Agree with Monte Grappe, Empires Edge and I would add Foa Fortress for TDM.

They turn into camp fests. The snipers humping the hills and shotgun corner lover's sitting in the second floor of the bunkers.

But Ballroom's tight hallways are why I like it. Aggressive players are rewarded dodging and using map features to get the upper hand.

I'm always amazed at how an entire squad will be posted at the end of one of the hallways, shoot at you, watch you jump over the rail and not expect you to flank them or just pop up from the stairs and take them all out.

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Agree with Monte Grappe, Empires Edge and I would add Foa Fortress for TDM.

They turn into camp fests. The snipers humping the hills and shotgun corner lover's sitting in the second floor of the bunkers.

But Ballroom's tight hallways are why I like it. Aggressive players are rewarded dodging and using map features to get the upper hand.

I'm always amazed at how an entire squad will be posted at the end of one of the hallways, shoot at you, watch you jump over the rail and not expect you to flank them or just pop up from the stairs and take them all out.

I don't know what it is about this game but once people get grouped up they enter into a "well someone else must be covering our flank" mode and get bad tunnel vision. I see it all the time on the enemy team and I can't count the number of times I've had to take on whole squads solo when they flank my team even though I'm with my whole team lol.