Passchandaele - Move Over, Nivelle

OlympicBeerpong
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Great map layout, tasteful restraint of vehicles, horrific atmosphere, intense matches.

This is without question my new favorite and I'm so glad conquest is the classic/neutral style. Devs did a top notch job.

Comments

• James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like that map too! Have had some intense games! Would be awesome on frontlines!
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But that name though... I can't help but thinking that 'Flandernschlacht' has a better ring to it in this context, and no I'm not German.

(We cannot get too positive here, just does not feel right ;) ).
  • bran1986
    5587 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like Nivelle Nights better, but Passchendaele is still a fun map with a ton of atmosphere.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Only reason I don't like it more is because it makes me a bit depressed.
  • CH1R0N83
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely the best map of the DLC, really nails the apocalypse theme. I quite like capparetto as well, now that I’ve learned the map a bit. Jury’s still out on Somme.
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like the map too. It just is "Apocalypse".

I only wish they would give us the singleplayer map from the pilots campaign, where you sneak through german lines. That would be another great WW1 stylish map.
  • Trokey66
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Top map and very little zerg (relatively speaking) that makes it better than Neville. That said, Nivelle is one of my favourite Frontlines maps.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it’s a really great map, well fitting with the theme. Unfortunately, this has a tendency to play like so many other maps, where everyone is running around in a big circle, just capping flags. Take C, take E, Take D, Take B, Take A, Take C, repeat until the end of time. Wasn’t the reduced time to kill supposed to lessen this zerging mentality? I guess not.

On one round I played on this map, we had a lead by almost 100 tickets, then the extreme zerging started. We’re talking about literally 30 players capping a single flag. What sense does that make? The other team played it smart, though, where they just took that flag right back, as soon as our team left for the next one. This inevitably led to us having only one flag and the other team having four flags. I don’t think I need to say it, but we lost the game. It’s so predictable, and it’s so frustrating, but what can you do? I try to defend our flags, and cap other, more strategical flags, but when you’re alone, it’s not gonna happen.

You can’t force people to play a certain way, but to fully utilize the potential of this great map, a more concentrated game mode might do it. I imagine Frontlines could be pretty great here.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Great map layout, tasteful restraint of vehicles, horrific atmosphere, intense matches.

This is without question my new favorite and I'm so glad conquest is the classic/neutral style. Devs did a top notch job.

I'm with you on the vehicle restraint. I'm a huge fan of maps that restrict tank choices to ONE type. When players have a choice, you get situations where one side has two Heavy Tanks and the other has two mortar trucks, which is basically a troll move to purposefully throw the game.

And specifically limiting the vehicles to Landships is the best, as that tank requires the most teamwork (both with your crew, and your infantry support) to do well with.

BF games have always stressed teamwork, yet that dumb auto-repair mechanic completely runs counter to this philosophy and rewards lone-wolf Heavy tanks Light tank, and Arty truck drivers for not interacting with any other team member.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It suffers the same problem as Nivelle Nights: the circle zerg rush. But I do like it. They should just revert the conquest mode to the way it was in BF4, that might fix it.