Assaults are not balanced anymore

Texator
95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Today i played the Red Tide Operation. Since there are tanks i thought playing assault would be a good idea, it was not.

With making the 08/18 to another Hellomatico you took away the option to fight back at medium ranges. Also the nerf to the ribbeyrolles was not really helpfull.
Every other class have weapons to fight back an assault at closerange, Fedorov, Parabellum, 1903 Experimental for example.
I tried almost all assault weapons and with all i was sniped before i even came close enough to fight back. I did best on medium ranges with the slug shotguns, thats a joke, that are shotguns.

I think you made the assault class with the recent weapon changes and the poor map design, on some maps, not competetive anymore.

Comments

• Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ... no
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Texator wrote: »
    Today i played the Red Tide Operation. Since there are tanks i thought playing assault would be a good idea, it was not.

With making the 08/18 to another Hellomatico you took away the option to fight back at medium ranges. Also the nerf to the ribbeyrolles was not really helpfull.
    Every other class have weapons to fight back an assault at closerange, Fedorov, Parabellum, 1903 Experimental for example.
    I tried almost all assault weapons and with all i was sniped before i even came close enough to fight back. I did best on medium ranges with the slug shotguns, thats a joke, that are shotguns.

I think you made the assault class with the recent weapon changes and the poor map design, on some maps, not competetive anymore.

You shouldn't try to use an Assault class on those maps, unless you are an expert at flanking - the class is designed pretty much purely for CQB. The Ribeyrolles can still do decently at medium range whilst burst-firing and using it's bipod.

You should have switched to a medium/long range class to help with areas with open lines of sights, and then switched to the Assault class when you know you can safely get into CQB fights.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You already touched on the best "at range" options for Assault, the 2 slug shotgun variants. Yes they are shotguns, but they are specifically designed to stretch the effective range of the shotguns. The Ribeye is "aight" for this, you won't snipe with it but some range is possible at least.

Other than that, Assault really doesn't need any more long range options. Its the same thing when players complain that Scout doesn't have any effective CQB options. You get the 1895 Trench, 1903 Exp, and the Carcano to blend mid/close range and that's it. The weapons you listed that other classes get ARE their more effective options in close range, correct. But they are also trading in their effectiveness past CQB to do so.

I've never liked the Federov very much. I know its a pretty good, SUPER aggressive Medic option, but I hate how much range I have to trade in in order to get an edge up close. Its not worth it in my eyes. Same goes for Support and Scout options.

You just have to decide if you want to try and lessen the area your class is weakest in (Using long range Assault weapons like the slugs/Using close range Scout options) or try and maximize your advantage in the area your class is strongest in (Hellomatico 08/18, Shotguns etc)

Its just the lines between the classes range, and they (DICE) doesn't want this line blended as much as in past titles.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sooo... you see the TTK change that clearly improved assaults even further and you still feel at a disadvantage AGAINST SCOUTS?

Assaults are ungodly good in CQB now. When you get into situations where a scouts blow your head away, maybe you were doing something wrong? The Red Tide Operation is scout heavy for obvious reasons, so maybe pick another class then? Medics with guns like the RSC can be super effective on these maps too.

Oh no, you didn't.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There are TONS of maps/parts of maps where it's pretty easy to avoid long range fights and arrange for engagements at Assault's ideal close range.

For the other times where mid/long fights are unavoidable, I simply switch classes. The game was purposefully designed to not have those all-class jack of all trades weapons like from BF3/4, so you just gotta learn every class and consider with each spawn which one is most appropriate for the fighting you expect to do.

Then there's the very small minority of times where I need to fight at longer range but there's an enemy tank that really needs to be taken out. That's when the slug shotties come out to play. They're actually really good guns, just "skill cannons" that you really have to aim well with.

And as @Gforce81 said, the close range options other classes get aren't near as good as Assault's. They have to sacrifice their specialty just to do kind of okay in close range, and Assault still has the advantage.
  • boutneus
    2454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Experimental, u sir, deserve a comedy award :^)
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Use the trench carbine, I was wrecking people from mid range with it.
  • Saddisticspeller
    Ram1c wrote: »
    Use the trench carbine, I was wrecking people from mid range with it.

Great in CQC as well. 3 body shots or 1 head one body melts.
  • Texator
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sooo... you see the TTK change that clearly improved assaults even further and you still feel at a disadvantage AGAINST SCOUTS?

No doubt in CQB the assault is a god.
    But thats what i meant with poor map design. I flanked several times but there is a point where the map turns to red and i can not enter there. And far inside the red zone are the snipers and no chance to flank them nor to shot back.
    An yes the experimental, its a 3 shot kill in CQB now. Try it on maps like Fort Vauxand you will see it is not a troll weapon anymore.
  • Hawxxeye
    5203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    seriously what is with some people and their reluctance to use different classes for different situations
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There are Slug Shotguns... they are quite decent on medium range.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Assault can't be the best class for any situation. Deal with it or uninstall.
  • Saddisticspeller
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    There are Slug Shotguns... they are quite decent on medium range.

The double barrel slug is stupidly fun with the both barrel fire mode (I know there's a proper term but it is completely escaping me) as you can with 1 pull of the trigger kill anyone in the game.

Takes a bit of getting used to but 1 tapping that medic 60m away is the most satisfying thing on the planet.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

No doubt in CQB the assault is a god.
    But thats what i meant with poor map design. I flanked several times but there is a point where the map turns to red and i can not enter there. And far inside the red zone are the snipers and no chance to flank them nor to shot back.
    An yes the experimental, its a 3 shot kill in CQB now. Try it on maps like Fort Vauxand you will see it is not a troll weapon anymore.

It's a lot easier to avoid long distance engagements than to avoid short distance ones. Obejctives etc. You're not supposed to be good in all situations, that's die idea behind the class system
  • robmcewen
    2966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you are losing in CQ to a scout armed with the experimental after the time to kill changes as an assault player then sorry it's down to user error.
  • trip1ex
    4656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    i've been playing Assault less. The tradeoff isn't worth it as much as before. You get killed easier at distance now and I don't think you kill the other classes any easier when up close.

• GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Assault is a CQC class....
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gutted they modified my beloved ribey rolles. It was fine as it was. You had to know when was the best situation to do what with it. It wasn't just a straight forward, easy to use gun which made it fair in my opinion. They might as well have just snapped the bipod off it altogether now.
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Been using the new factory rsc and if you can land your shots it can reach a little ways however it is extremely difficult.

I also like the trench carbine whatever it’s called for assault it can allow you to reach it farther as well.
    I however an adept at getting into range