denuvo in BF1

D5RAT
1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited February 28
Why is this still in the BF1.exe ? The game is over a year old and the denuvo protection was cracked 3 months after release .Denuvo affects the performance of games and BF1 mp could do with a boost . Surely removing it now would not affect sales as it only protects the single player . Get rid of it and give the game a boost .. a game that offers 10 hours free play really doesn't need a pirating protection programme especially at the cost of frames per second

Comments

• Teh_Next
    1857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Good point.
  • virtualkill1432
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    interesting...i thought it was removed..protecting the cracked and boring single player campaign that even pirates couldnt finish how boring it was and generic ..basically online protection in an online only game..EA logic..

btw, are you sure its there?( i sense this thread will be locked)
  • D5RAT
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    interesting...i thought it was removed..protecting the cracked and boring single player campaign that even pirates couldnt finish how boring it was and generic ..basically online protection in an online only game..EA logic..

btw, are you sure its there?( i sense this thread will be locked)

Im more or less sure it is . (99%) anyway .
  • jjju
    111 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Why is this still in the BF1.exe ? The game is over a year old and the denuvo protection was cracked 3 months after release .Denuvo affects the performance of games and BF1 mp could do with a boost . Surely removing it now would not affect sales as it only protects the single player . Get rid of it and give the game a boost .. a game that offers 10 hours free play really doesn't need a pirating protection programme especially at the cost of frames per second

Denuvo is not for the single player only. It protects the multiplayer too - parts which are otherwise targeted by cheats. Thus it is here to stay.
  • IG-Calibre
    890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    doesn't seem to do much in preventing them tbh, much like all of it..
  • Rainerdaniel
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    jjju wrote: »

Denuvo is not for the single player only. It protects the multiplayer too - parts which are otherwise targeted by cheats. Thus it is here to stay.

That's nice! But DENUVO uses so much resources of CPU and it's very bad for people (most of users) that don't have a High-end (NASA PC), is it possible to you (DEVs) consider in next patches give some focus in performance?? Optimizing the CPU usage or fix the gameplay in DX12 letting it more reliable without shutters or fps drops?
  • virtualkill1432
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 28
    denuvo protects against the cheats ? XDDDD hahaha, cool story for children before they go to sleep xD
    btw, infesting this game with so many layers of protection and anti cheat software will do nothing, it will be always bypassed, and will only hurt legit players or customers..but EA dont care, they give money for that and of course it will not be removed, and thats the only reason...

And next bf will fail so much if it get released in 2018..
  • jjju
    111 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha
    That's nice! But DENUVO uses so much resources of CPU and it's very bad for people (most of users) that don't have a High-end (NASA PC), is it possible to you (DEVs) consider in next patches give some focus in performance?? Optimizing the CPU usage or fix the gameplay in DX12 letting it more reliable without shutters or fps drops?
    The game is CPU heavy not because of Denuvo. We're always trying to push the limits and have one of the best looking, large scale FPS shooters, with lots of players, vehicles, physics, destruction, etc. There have been many optimizations released along the way with our monthly updates. We also have added lots of new content and new functionality to the game since release and those take resources too.

• virtualkill1432
    The game is CPU heavy not because of Denuvo. We're always trying to push the limits and have one of the best looking, large scale FPS shooters, with lots of players, vehicles, physics, destruction, etc. There have been many optimizations released along the way with our monthly updates. We also have added lots of new content and new functionality to the game since release and those take resources too.

I can understand all of that,yes, but why than some older maps perform worse than before, and newer once perform better,talking about 64 player conq..and sometimes all maps perform good or all of them bad, tested this so many times and performance is random, all of that on 64 player maps

and even sometimes tdm perform worse than 64 player conq, until server is changed..performance is not constant in this game since september or october 2017..for instance i get suddenly 40fps,anywhere on the map,i remember server, quit the game, come back on same server and same map, get min 70 fps , when that drop in fps happens nothing is happening on the screen, no large spam of players, graneds etc..and those for instance 70 fps are when the epic battles happens on the screen..PC is clean as tear btw, i know how to handle it properly, and thanks for your time here..cheers.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Because it's been said a million times here. If you try to run this game with a system below the minimum requirements you may run it but you cannot expect optimal results. You will have issues
  • D5RAT
    edited March 1

Thanks for taking the time to explain. If as you say it protects part of the MP code then fair enough . I was under the impression it just protected the digital rights of a program and prevented it from being copied . I'm assuming by what you say it also helps prevent reverse engineering of the multiplayer engine aswell . Although it has already been cracked so I still don't see its usefulness at this point in time but I am not a developer so will take your word on this
  • virtualkill1432
    Because it's been said a million times here. If you try to run this game with a system below the minimum requirements you may run it but you cannot expect optimal results. You will have issues

Thanks for taking the time to explain. If as you say it protects part of the MP code then fair enough . I was under the impression it just protected the digital rights of a program and prevented it from being copied . I'm assuming by what you say it also helps prevent reverse engineering of the multiplayer engine aswell . Although it has already been cracked so I still don't see its usefulness at this point in time but I am not a developer so will take your word on this

I wouldnt, denuvo do not protect games from cheating...once its bypassed you can cheat and its bypassed many times...and no logic in having denuvo in online game..and we all know how much cheaters has been in this game..denuvo can not prevent cheating, thats the point...and its not here because of that..but normally he will never say that...and of all the threads here on the forum he chose only on denuvo one to respond and defend..and on reddit too

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/7so712/dice_please_remove_denuvo_from_bf1/?sort=new&st=je7orwr3&sh=81aa884c
  • xenome111
    3057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 1
    Denuvo protects from piracy not from cheating there's a difference.
    Even if Denuvo is bypassed in a multiplayer game wouldn't the backend catch that.
  • MrDokker
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They will not clean Denuvo if they take it away, they will suddenly see a performance improvement, everyone will run to scream and this is not necessary to anyone))
    And what kind of fairy tales about Denuvo and cheaters in one BF were not Denuvo and everything is played normally is the first bf in which Denova costs and in which there are problems for many people with CPU? YES EA is not all so stupid as you probably thought))