Post TTK 2.0 + Apocalypse + Patch Thoughts

Narcizeus
96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
To be honest I was okay with the games mechanics since the Turning Tides Expansion.. it was probably the games most clean state since the launch... I was used to it and having fun the way it is ...

But now after all these updates and balances.. :

- First of all Cavalry got a little endurance buff and healing without unmounting. After all the nerfs it was just plain stupid to play this class it was like a crippled soldier trying to survive even though it was a limited asset for the team... We discussed this before ... was the cavalry a bit OP previously ? perhaps.. but I was really upset with the last state of the cavalry .... And now after all the changes I think they got it right this time... I still think they should add specializations to it but with those balancing buffs the class back to the game for me..

- Right now i don't have any optimization problems, not in the game nor in the menus ... all smooth transitions no freezes no bs... good

- I don't know if anyone noticed but Apocalypse DLC added up real great soundtracks ... The menu music reminds me of Dark Knight ...

- I know it was before those updates but I'm glad that stupid sliding abuse was fixed... People pace up and down with sliding like they grew up with slip'n slide.. it didn't make any sense at all ...

- TTK 2.0 was an unnecessary change for me ... i don't know who came up with this "need" but when i heard it for the first time I was like "WHY?" "WHY AFTER 13 MONTHS?" ..... anyhow at first my experience with the TTK2.0 was like "it is not that different, yeah a little bit faster but what is the deal, okay now turning around and headshoting your shooter will became impossible but okay i can get used to it"... yet after playing it for some time some weapons are just joke like kolibri ... Selblaster 1906 with nearly same RPM and same magazine size as RSC 1917 is pointless.. examples can be increased regarding to the weapon comparison ... also this faster paced gameplay somewhat made the melee weapons redundant... I might be wrong in this issue but it occur to me that before the updates there were more intense hand to hand encounters ...

Overall from a positive point of view the game is enjoyable right now...

What do you think ... ?

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    I absolutely hate most of TTK2.

I haven't played the new apoc DLC since I was taking a break from the game and waiting until they fixed the stuttering issues. Which they did afaik, so I installed the update last night. I'll try it out tonight.

I never play Cavalry, so no comment there other than it seems to be a pretty commonly complained about issue here on the forums.

I'm glad the slide was fixed too.

I've never really had any performance issues in this game luckily. I actually don't know if the stutter affected me or not. Once I heard about it I just decided not to even bother until it was fixed. I had terrible performance issues in BF3 and at times in BF4 though.

Overall, based on the last time I played, the game has been less enjoyable for me. But it's still better than any other options out there for an FPS multiplayer game imo.

• dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My only real issue with the game currently is the lack of balance - should not be 26 v 11 for an entire conquest match, there has to be a better system or way to fix this.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ That too. Balance is pretty bad in most games I join. I doubt we'll ever truly get a fix for that issue though.
  • trip1ex
    4699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everytime I throw down a medpack to heal myself on horseback as CAV it works but it never feels like it should work. :)

nerf to slide abuse is welcome.

tkk 2.0 doesn't do anything for me. It didn't fix any of the issues I had with the game. If anything it's starting to annoy me as more lmgs just go prone in random bushes and medic trains sit back and tee off on everyone.

And at best it just made me have to relearn how the game works all over again which is annoying. It's like someone coming uninvited into your home and rearranging all your furniture just enough to annoy you.
  • Narcizeus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know how dice can handle the balance as reasons of unbalanced servers are not their fault...

-People changing teams (to winners side) and stack up.. leaving the losers side in the shitbag..
    -People quiting the game sometimes with frustration but sometimes for personal things... and u can't punish them for leaving the game as it is not competitive..
    - Auto-balancers are out of the question as they tend to swap players mid game thus fu.kin the whole match for that swapped players (mostly me)
    - admins also swap, nuke, **** all over the match just like the auto-balancers
    - as I said giving time outs to quiters or any other punishments are also not viable as these servers are not for competitive and also i dont think 10-20 minutes of temporary bans will change anything..

If u have any suggestions i would love to hear it..
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The balance last night was the worst Ive ever seen. A clan had stacked a side with 8 players and we got spawn trapped in 3 consecutive rounds.

By the middle of the round we were 22 vs 32 and the game made no effort to balance that out. It didnt balance out teams at the end of the round either and to make matters worse, my friend was waiting in the queue and it wasnt even letting him into the game.

TTK has made every fire fight a twitch fest. And people said this would help break up the zerg. On the Apocalypse maps, zerging is the worst Ive ever seen. Literally 20 or so players moving together because you die so quickly, it doesnt make sense to not stick with the crowd. Other wise youll run into the other teams mob.
  • Narcizeus
    Talking about balance huh....

I don't know if it has anything to with the new TTK 2.0 but i ve never seen anything like this before.. :

1G3ag6t.jpg
  • trm6
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rofl mounted cav was never op. Only dismounted pistol pros made the class cheesy due to armor. Which wasn't OP just abused. I'd love to know how many players have actually maxed out the class rank for cav. Probably less than 2 percent of the entire population. And probably half of those who did were dismount pros anyhow.
  • Narcizeus
    trm6 wrote: »
    Rofl mounted cav was never op. Only dismounted pistol pros made the class cheesy due to armor. Which wasn't OP just abused. I'd love to know how many players have actually maxed out the class rank for cav. Probably less than 2 percent of the entire population. And probably half of those who did were dismount pros anyhow.

I didnt say mounted cavalry was OP ... i said Cavalry was "a little bit OP" before the nerfs.. how do i know? because I was main cavalry for a time.. I finished countless of 50-0 with cavalry both dismounted and mounted.. Check my stats..
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just got done getting my colon cleaned by a clan who filled 7 out of 12 slots on rush. There was no effort made to balance the teams, nothing was done to prevent the senseless massacre that occurred.

After 4 or 5 games where they advanced in under 10 minutes and we couldnt take a single telegraph, never mind a sector, I decided to leave... only to be put into a TDM game with 8 out of 12 slots filled with another clan. Luckily, they weren't that good.

What has happened to the team balancing in this game? I've never seen anything like this before.
  • bran1986
    5660 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Team balance is garbage. You will see a lot of players drop out at the end of a round and then team stack the next round. It doesn't lead to a lot of fun that is for sure.