Minimum players required for round to start

LE_Samourai74
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I've been playing BF1 on PC since the beagenin. For the first time, last week I payd for a server of my own for a period of 24hrs.
We are 8 players and wanted to play in a Team Deathmatch. So i entered all the custom settings wanted Verry easily.
But when we entered de server all together the round didn't started cause it required 10 players minimum!!
I search and search again on how to set the server on a 4 vs 4 round start up but haven't found the way to set it !
It is set by default on 5 vs 5 Round start!!

Anybody can tell me how to set the number of players on 4 vs 4??
Cause I know it's possible since I played many times in other peoples server in the past year.
THANK A LOT FOR YOUR HELP GUYS AND GIRLS!

Comments

• -Antares65z
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 23
    I don't know if the settings result is the same regardless of the game mode, but you want to disable the pre-round. For Conquest servers that normally require a 20 player start, it lowers it to 6 players. Not sure if it does the same thing for TDM. Understand that changing anything from default will cause the server to fall into Custom and for now, will not show up in the browser with default filters. Which means no one will see your server in case you want others to join the round.
  • LE_Samourai74
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks a lot for the info ! I guess it will also work in TDM.
    I will try it next Sunday and will tell you if you solve mi problem.
    By the way, I've call EA 3 times asking them to solve my problem and no one could answer me!...
    Thank's again
  • -Antares65z
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 24
    You're wasting your time calling EA for PC server related questions. Those dudes are programmed for console support. They're lost with PC and have to contact a Dice support group and act as the middle man between you asking them your question and them asking Dice your question. They won't let you speak directly with Dice to resolve your issue.
  • CrashCA
    454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Disable Pre-round changes all modes to 6 player start.
  • LE_Samourai74
    Yes thank's !!
  • -Antares65z
    CrashCA wrote: »

Actually yesterday on my server, disabled pre-round resulted in the round starting with just ONE person on the server. Not sure if they fixed it or not. I sat there on one of the new maps (conquest assault) and the round got going and it counted up to 1000 tickets in about 10 minutes of just me sitting on the server. Map vote came up, I voted and the round changed. lol. All with one person on the server. Wonder if they fixed this yet.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Its not a bug to start with 1 person. It clearly says disable pre-round and it did it for you.
  • -Antares65z
    Its not a bug to start with 1 person. It clearly says disable pre-round and it did it for you.

That's not the way it was before. Disabling pre-round would set it back to requiring 6 players to start the round, not 20. The round would not officially get going until there were 6 players on the servers.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 20

That's not the way it was before. Disabling pre-round would set it back to requiring 6 players to start the round, not 20. The round would not officially get going until there were 6 players on the servers.

Thats because they changed the name from lower min player count to disable preround and that was before the patch, the patch applied what its supposed to do and thats disabling preround so round starts with 1 player
    Post edited by CedarOfLebanon on
  • Jaskaman
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Actually yesterday on my server, disabled pre-round resulted in the round starting with just ONE person on the server. Not sure if they fixed it or not. I sat there on one of the new maps (conquest assault) and the round got going and it counted up to 1000 tickets in about 10 minutes of just me sitting on the server. Map vote came up, I voted and the round changed. lol. All with one person on the server. Wonder if they fixed this yet.

It's an intended feature, came at January patch.
  • SirShavesALot
    Jaskaman wrote: »

It's an intended feature, came at January patch.

I was looking through the January patch notes and could not find the change where a match could start with only 1 person. Would you be able to point me in the right direction? Just to clarify, you would be able to start a game of Conquest with just 1 or 2 people?
  • CrashCA
    454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In Jan., EA changed "reduced player start" to "disable Pre-round". However, as nearly always, they gave little other info. So can a round start with less than 6, will it continue with less than 6, only EA knows and they are not talking.
  • EnemaicFist
    3 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha
    That patch note could have been worded better unfortunately, but yeah, the intent is to allow the game to start with one player present in the round. There is no longer the requirement to have at least 6 players present to get the round started.

"Added a toggle to turn off/on the pre-round minimum of 6 players."
    This should have instead indicated that pre-round could be enabled or disabled - the 6-player thing is no longer a thing. The change is indeed intentional.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    That patch note could have been worded better unfortunately, but yeah, the intent is to allow the game to start with one player present in the round. There is no longer the requirement to have at least 6 players present to get the round started.

This should have instead indicated that pre-round could be enabled or disabled - the 6-player thing is no longer a thing. The change is indeed intentional.

Guys you should make this official settings not custom..
  • CrashCA
    OMG, a concise informative reply,
    Thank you.
  • NL73schietdammer
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Guys you should make this official settings not custom..

Ofcourse not, then quickmatch would die because then too often people come to servers with only 1map because then everybody and his dog can make a server, maybe 20x a giant shadow server. 20 is too high, I asked a long time ago make it 14, because now I have cheap rent on the server compared to bf4 3rd party hosters but I had to spend 1.650€ on pc parts and 2nd hand stuff to get to 6 pc's and accounts - accounts which in itself all have premium and costs me another 425€.
  • Jaskaman
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    For CQ 64 10P would be ideal as official and for 24P 6P would be ideal as official.
    Or 6P start should not make server custom. But 1P start, that should not be official and should always make server custom as it does now....
  • CrashCA
    I thought the issue EA had with less than 4 (BF4)was stat padding, so not an issue any more ???