Trip wire issue

IxSpaceJamxI
7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Any one else having problems with trip wires going off when your not near them? Since the recent updates.

Comments

• stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Err, how do you mean that? Bigger radius to trigger them or what?

I'm getting loads of tripwire kills, probably more than before the patch (small sample size though)
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any one else having problems with trip wires going off when your not near them? Since the recent updates.

Yep had a few go off randomly when I thought they shouldn’t have.
  • poposback
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue here. Trip wires going off after 5-10 seconds after placement. Either a glich or the game is not replacing previously set up trip wires ( i believe 4 is the max allowable limit at a time)
  • wiazabi
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes feels like they got the same buff as mines and the actual wire dont mean anything you just have to get within its radius to trigger now.

On top of this there is a visual bug that happens if the person who placed the tripwire change class in any way it can become invisible but still explode just fine.
  • CrazyMotoCyclGuy
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was standing on an incendiary one I placed more than 10sec prior, made a shot with a rifle and the tripwire went off. But it wasn't burning me. After it burned out it was still in place.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They're awful now. It's just dice giving free kills to snipers cos they love them so much.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They're awful now. It's just dice giving free kills to snipers cos they love them so much.

What says more "I love you" than decreasing the number of bullets everyone else needs to kill you by one?
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Definitely noticed this.

I think there is an aura around the mine, and once you step into it you're screwed.

I've seen a trip wire, stopped well before it, and started backing up only to have it explode as I got further away from it.

Previously, I could jump over the wire and not trigger a mine. It seemed to be actually triggered by hitting the wire.

Now, I think it has a small perimeter around it, once you enter that perimeter, no matter what it will blow once you leave it.

Also, you seem to be completely immune from your own mines now.

Way to be, DICE.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2060 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely noticed this.

I think there is an aura around the mine, and once you step into it you're screwed.

I've seen a trip wire, stopped well before it, and started backing up only to have it explode as I got further away from it.

Previously, I could jump over the wire and not trigger a mine. It seemed to be actually triggered by hitting the wire.

Now, I think it has a small perimeter around it, once you enter that perimeter, no matter what it will blow once you leave it.

Way to be, DICE.

My experience as well. Quite frustrating to see them and stop at a "safe" distance, only to trigger it backing out. They are true cheese now.
  • olavafar
    2119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I typically back out and shoot them. Nowadays only to get killed anyway or at least heavily damaged. Also a shame the wire deos not seem to mean anything any more. I did not notice until I passed one on the 'right' side first time just to be unpleasantly surprised. This is a heavy buff to them because it makes them a lot easier to place and you can also hide them better when you do not need the wire to cross for example a doorway. I think this is the worst thing about the buff to these, borderline bug I'd say.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I've put down a tripwire in a trench in Somme, it exploded very fast by itself. I put another one down on the same spot and it exploded in my face. :|
  • IxSpaceJamxI
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Definitely noticed this.

Way to be, DICE.

• CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I gotta admit, that changing them into a OHKO, wasn't needed and made them very annyoing and a little too powerful. Sure you can see the wire, but you don't have to touch it in order to trigger the bomb, also if you know how (which I wont say here for obvious reasons) you can place them with "invisible" wire. And on dark maps like Nivelle and Tahure or in darker corners you can't see them either. I would like them to change them back to 80 damage. Also that they OHKO elites is a little too much.
  • IxSpaceJamxI
    Yea seems messed up use to be able to disarm the trip wire. Now any where near one it goes off. If they did chang this it shouldn't be a trip mine no more.
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought I was going crazy, glad others are seeing the same thing. I can see a trip wire, navigate around it and then blow up before I can destroy it.
  • Mickachuu
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo the damage on these things are beyond reasonable.
  • disposalist
    8745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yep. I've had them go off when they are beyond a doorway in a room I didn't even go into *and* do me plenty of damage.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm glad they're lethal now, but they certainly shouldn't be proximity detonating.
  • NOMADSKYS
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes there is an issue. I've played a whole lot of Hardcore and if you place a tripwire mine it will trigger it in all directions as far as the string is stretched.

I found this out as many teammates (and I) were walking near a trip (not in the string path) and setting them off regardless of position.

This is definitely a glitch that needs to be resolved. It's like a 360 claymore now. Very inconvenient to us Hardcore players.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you notice it you can stop moving and have it only deal 72.

Not a great health total but better then being dead.