Weekly Debrief

Where did the team balance go?

2»

Comments

• Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Me and my squad pushed out once and back capped the fort flags, only for half their team to split off and destroy us on our way to B.

Somehow this wasn't enough of a distraction for our team to cap A.
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @NL73schietdammer Yes that is the thing I was referring. Not sure it was put in or not. have not read the notes. If not, well hell has balance ever been good in this game.
  • ElliotLH
    8559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's weird seeing it on Fao as normally one team can keep the castle at least, even more jarring when it happens on Empires Edge.
  • Saddisticspeller
    My first game of BF1 was a spawn trap on Empires. Haven't seen one on that since though. Just yell at my squad to get in a boat with me and come cap either the center points or the opposite end of the map.
  • ElliotLH
    8559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen it a few times recently playing Conquest and with the boats and cover it just doesn't make any sense.
  • Psychopski
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Team/numbers imbalances happens match after match after match after match ruins my desire to play this game. What's funny is that this kind of thing being able to happen in a game in 2018 is completely avoidable. Shows how the devs are totally dropping the ball on the most basic aspects of PVP, EVEN F...KING NUMBERS OF PLAYERS FOR BOTH TEAMS!
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I think it's time to stop blaming the players. The MECHANICS are broken. It's not on the players, or the community.
    Last night, I was stuck for 90 minutes on the clueless/can't win team. We were outnumbered 32 to 24 when I opened an xbox party and invited about ten friends and platoon members. I watched as they joined, and without fail, were placed on the LARGER, WINNING team.
    When all was said and done, my team was still outnumbered 32 to 28, and all the players who'd joined on me were on the other team. They all told me that they'd joined on me, were put on the other team, and got the "can't switch would be unbalanced" message.
    So I started really paying attention. At the end of every round, the highest-ranked, most successful players were shuffled to the winning team, and the lower-ranked, least successful players were shuffled to the losing team.
    IT IS TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY BROKEN.
    I don't know what they've done exactly, but somehow along the way, they've created the code equivalent of a grammatical double negative. The system is doing a can't/not them/they glitch over and over, making each round worse than the previous.
    I have never created a "leaving this game" post, and never will. And I realize that development priorities have moved on to the next title. But if this game-breaking issue is not addressed and corrected, I will NOT buy the next title.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Honestly, I think it's time to stop blaming the players. The MECHANICS are broken. It's not on the players, or the community.
    Last night, I was stuck for 90 minutes on the clueless/can't win team. We were outnumbered 32 to 24 when I opened an xbox party and invited about ten friends and platoon members. I watched as they joined, and without fail, were placed on the LARGER, WINNING team.
    When all was said and done, my team was still outnumbered 32 to 28, and all the players who'd joined on me were on the other team. They all told me that they'd joined on me, were put on the other team, and got the "can't switch would be unbalanced" message.
    So I started really paying attention. At the end of every round, the highest-ranked, most successful players were shuffled to the winning team, and the lower-ranked, least successful players were shuffled to the losing team.
    IT IS TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY BROKEN.
    I don't know what they've done exactly, but somehow along the way, they've created the code equivalent of a grammatical double negative. The system is doing a can't/not them/they glitch over and over, making each round worse than the previous.
    I have never created a "leaving this game" post, and never will. And I realize that development priorities have moved on to the next title. But if this game-breaking issue is not addressed and corrected, I will NOT buy the next title.

The balance has been broken for so long now, that I don't think it will ever be fixed. Let's hope they don't use the same balancing algorithm for the next game.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018
    Honestly, I think it's time to stop blaming the players.

32 vs 10 is a symptom of bad attitude/character, that could be promoted by malfunctioning game mechanics but the blame still lay on players

unless bots populate servers
    Post edited by lucidstorm on
  • Monranian
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2018
    lucidstorm wrote: »

32 vs 10 is a symptom of bad attitude/character, that could be promoted by malfunctioning game mechanics but the blame still lay on players

Bad game mechanisms can evoke and encourage the worse part of human nature to its best.

E.g. before the recent adjustments to the Brusilov operation, most 130+ players simply switched to defender team, cuz it was usually impossible to win as attacker.
    Now its much more balanced, there is usually a somewhat equal distribution of 130+s on both teams.

In the same way, if you join a game into the mess of 32 v 10, I'm not sure many will be staying so they can suffer.
  • Saddisticspeller
    lucidstorm wrote: »

I'll be the first to admit that if one team (regardless of which team I'm on) is down by more then 50 tickets I just leave. The match is already decided and I'm not gonna bother playing through the rest of it.

If they would bring back the old CQ system I'd be perfectly fine with staying in games where we're down by over 300 tickets because it's possible to come back from that, but currently it's just a waste of time.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    Anecdotally, I've noticed that after matches, no players are being swapped from team-to-team (taking screenshots, XB1). Also, the team that won previously will fill up entirely before the losing team starts filling.

I've noticed this too, along with less message about being placed on the opposing team. It appears balancing has been turned off, no other explanation for its current state. It's my number 1 issue with DICE right now.
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What balance? There never was balance and probably never will be.