Medic trains.... Let's talk about it...

Comments

• Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Another idea would be that the syringe has limited uses and needs resupplying like almost all other gadgets... Right now medics don't ever need supports, which is a bit weird.

Yeah they do, ammo for primaries and secondaries are quite important in a shooty bang bang game as it turns out.

+1 for the patronising tone, lol. I knew about the cooldown on the syringe, but I'm thinking of a hard limit unless replenished. Kinda like the flares. As for ammo, well yeah ok but being realistic, most people want support to replenish their gadgets and grenades really.
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I would prefer if people would not mention stupid stuff like limiting revives. Inb4 DICE goes "New players and casuals work hard for kills, so we're limiting revives!"
  • Frotz
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They can be annoying, at least if someone gets killed soon enough after a revive they need to respawn instead, though I wish I knew the specifics there. No revives for headshots might be the way to go, slightly longer respawn times is also a possibility.
  • bran1986
    5602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Frotz wrote: »
    They can be annoying, at least if someone gets killed soon enough after a revive they need to respawn instead, though I wish I knew the specifics there. No revives for headshots might be the way to go, slightly longer respawn times is also a possibility.

After you die you can be revived, after that you have to wait 30 seconds(iirc) to be able to be revived again. The average lifespan of a player is roughly 40 seconds(iirc, DICE stat during ammo 2.0 debate). The problem with the no revives on headshot is, people would be screaming their lungs out about it due to all the snipers. Could you imagine the meltdowns of people spawning in, and then 3 seconds later taking a headshot from a camping sniper and not being able to be revived. The medic train situation was fixed when they didn't give medics weapons that destroy everything at every range like they were in BF3 and BF4.
  • dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No problems with medic trains in this game - you want to see what a medic train is play Bad Company 2 where the medics had LMGs
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dfwviking wrote: »
    No problems with medic trains in this game - you want to see what a medic train is play Bad Company 2 where the medics had LMGs

If you think medic trains were bad in Bad Company, have a look at BF3/4 ... not only could they revive and heal, but they had, objectively speaking, the best and most powerful guns in the game.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love this community. Some people are crying that medics never revive. Other players whine that medic trains exist. I swear to everything you can't be satisfed at all, can you?
    This comment needs its own sticky.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the fight involves one side AGGRESSIVELY trying to overtake a position, nobody is getting revived more than once, if that. There are no "trains", only medics that take a risk by putting their gun away to see if it pays off to revive a teammate. And it often doesn't and they both die.

Now, if it's one of these dumb fights for the center flag where 20 players on both sides refuse to advance and just take turns sniping each other... yeah. Medics can pretty much chain revive everyone and nothing really happens. But that's not the medics' fault; it's the fault of players who don't care about controlling territory and just want to pad their stats. If the medics weren't around everyone would just be chain-respawning on their squadmates.
  • aseveredfoot
    2445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The power of the medic train is real. It's so easy to keep momentum that way. When things go bad and there aren't a lot of vehicles to deal with, my friends and I will train it up.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018

With such "bright ideas" implemented you'll be one of the first people crying that medics gave up on reviving whatsoever.

To be honest, I was kinda throwing it up as a brainstorming idea, not something I'm particularly gonna argue for. My main point was that most gadgets have limited uses - now it's a fair discussion if the syringe deserves an exception. Maybe it does after all, I don't care all that much.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

With such "bright ideas" implemented you'll be one of the first people crying that medics gave up on reviving whatsoever.

To be honest, I was kinda throwing it up as a brainstorming idea, not something I'm particularly gonna argue for. My main point was that most gadgets have limited uses - now it's a fair discussion if the syringe deserves an exception. Maybe it does after all, I don't care all that much.

I'm not sure a large portion of people in this forum understand the concept of brainstorming, and the difference between discussion and winging for that matter.

A discussion is here to hear opinion and learn from others ideas. .. where a whinge is a closed opinion. Some are already on auto defensive ready to smack down any idea as some sort of threat or opinion different from 'medic trains are fine'....

Good thing people who actually understand what using/ facing a medic train feels like are making a great debate.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    obisearch wrote: »

I'm not sure a large portion of people in this forum understand the concept of brainstorming, and the difference between discussion and winging for that matter.

A discussion is here to hear opinion and learn from others ideas. .. where a whinge is a closed opinion. Some are already on auto defensive ready to smack down any idea as some sort of threat or opinion different from 'medic trains are fine'....

Good thing people who actually understand what using/ facing a medic train feels like are making a great debate.

Well said.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The thing is you're trying to invent the fix for something that doesn't require fixing. OP is a bit overreacting saying that so-called medic trains are impossible to deal with or they're everywhere around. Your typical random medics will revive you once in a while but that's as much as you can expect. But if a full squad of friends join the server it's obvious they will work together but still good team can destroy any clan easily. So again, there is no reason to deal with something that's not a real issue.
  • WeylandYutaniCo
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With the new smg08/18 I love medic trains, remember to bush wokie the bodies within 15m and receive 3 kills (or 4 or still 5) for the price of one.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The thing is you're trying to invent the fix for something that doesn't require fixing. OP is a bit overreacting saying that so-called medic trains are impossible to deal with or they're everywhere around. Your typical random medics will revive you once in a while but that's as much as you can expect. But if a full squad of friends join the server it's obvious they will work together but still good team can destroy any clan easily. So again, there is no reason to deal with something that's not a real issue.

God damn forum black hole!!!

Ok let's try again

What part of what I say is overreacting? The part I say it's slightly frustrating to play against? Well that is facts, plebs don't use this tactics the squad using it are good and on mics, I know because I played with them and hit McDonald's numbers med rolling in Suez. I'm sure the team would do well any mix, however this way gives them area dominance, massive kds and consistent SPM it is a borderline op method.

Just because it's not rampant doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed, I think your 'not an issue until it's rampant' philophy is not the way to look at things.
    Personally I don't want it to change (much, liked huwjarz idea of deminishing revive %), doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out. Not everything is black and white simple, hence why were discussing it...
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ok let's try again

What part of what I say is overreacting? The part I say it's slightly frustrating to play against? Well that is facts, plebs don't use this tactics the squad using it are good and on mics, I know because I played with them and hit McDonald's numbers med rolling in Suez. I'm sure the team would do well any mix, however this way gives them area dominance, massive kds and consistent SPM it is a borderline op method.

Just because it's not rampant doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed, I think your 'not an issue until it's rampant' philophy is not the way to look at things.
    Personally I don't want it to change (much, liked huwjarz idea of deminishing revive %), doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out. Not everything is black and white simple, hence why were discussing it...

I agree - I play in a squad that runs 3-4 medics and I agree that it is an issue worthy of discussion. I would hate for teamwork to be diminished in any way, but you can make an argument that the game should be better balanced in a way that the optimal mix of a squad is a balance of 4 classes, not just 2 (assault and medic) as it is now IMO.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ok let's try again

You simply can't make the experience better by adding "fixes" and "limitations". Potatos are already dumb enough. And ruining any sort of teamwork is just idiotic. Of course teamwork is OP as hell. But again battlefield is a TEAM based game. But yes, let's remove all teamplay and let loneliness shine, that'd definitely make the game better.