You were kicked by Punkbuster

Rektbykillerlady
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
so i just joined the server i always join every day i play, just as i joined i got kicked with this message, "You were kicked by punkbuster"

i went to THIS and downloaded punkbuster and added bf4 and updated to latest version.

restarted the game , joined another server, got kicked again with same message.

can anyone help please??

regards

Comments

• Flaczex
    I have the same issue :(
  • AimbuttBurt
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Flaczex wrote: »
    I have the same issue :(

You are globally banned by punkbuster which is probably your issue
  • BaronVonGoon
    4652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 5
    With all due respect, if I were you I wouldn't post my picture on a public forum, especially if I'm a girl. I don't know you and I don't care but the sheer amount of sickos, creeps, malcontents, perverted and legitimately mentally disturbed individuals on the internet makes me not want to disclose that I'm even human. All the best!
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    732 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    With all due respect, if I were you I wouldn't post my picture on a public forum, especially if I'm a girl. I don't know you and I don't care but the sheer amount of sickos, creeps, malcontents, perverted and legitimately mentally disturbed individuals on the internet makes me not want to disclose that I'm even human. All the best!

Google image search.
  • Flaczex
    Banned for nothing? GG PB
    But I see on other forums it's global issue, too many players got banned.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited March 5
    As this thread is about how to solve kicked by pb issue without having a ban because of alleged cheating..

OP, try the instructions from this youtube video, its had 100% success rate for that issue so far as I've had feedback from it.

• LOLGotYerTags
    9303 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Just do a reverse image search, It is not OP but taken from another website :)

Google image search.

Yup good catch.
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue today, got home from work, decided to play a little BF4 to wind down, kicked by Punkbuster. Never cheated a day in my life, so not sure what's going on or how to fix it. I did all the common steps to repair/update/reinstall punkbuster, no change, still getting kicked no matter what server I join. I'll do some more digging, but this sucks not being able to play, hopefully this will get straightened out sooner than later.
  • HairOffTheDog
    Update, discovered there is a PBBans website, and I'm now listed on it. What the hell is going on? Here's a link, says I have to appeal this? I didn't do a damn thing, I run an IT department, nothing has been installed, no malicious software on my system, I'm at a complete loss. Can anyone make anything of this?
    https://pbbans.com/mbi-view-ban-416468.html
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9303 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @HairOffTheDog

Can you verify you have 2 factor authentication enabled in Origin?

As it is an evenbalance violation this would indicate that your account has been involved in the use of cheats as detected by Punkbuster.

You will need to submit an appeal to evenbalance directly via the following url : http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/
  • BaronVonGoon
    4652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Just do a reverse image search, It is not OP but taken from another website :)

Loool true. I guess the pic is of some young actress or other celebrity.
  • HairOffTheDog
    @HairOffTheDog

As it is an evenbalance violation this would indicate that your account has been involved in the use of cheats as detected by Punkbuster.

You will need to submit an appeal to evenbalance directly via the following url : http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

Thanks for the reply, I do not currently have 2 factor authentication. The timing of the Ban matches the moment I logged in to play, right down to the minute. I made it as far as getting in a scout heli and flew less than 10 seconds before I was then kicked, and that Ban added to PBBans. So it appears more likely to be a glitch of some sort. You'll also notice on the PBBan link, that 13 people were banned today for the same reason, but that reason isn't listed anywhere else prior to today. Very strange. I'm trying to submit an appeal, but running into an issue. It asks for my EB Ticket URL, but when I paste it into the appeal page, it says the link is invalid. Ugh!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited March 6
    @HairOffTheDog

Thanks for the reply, I do not currently have 2 factor authentication. The timing of the Ban matches the moment I logged in to play, right down to the minute. I made it as far as getting in a scout heli and flew less than 10 seconds before I was then kicked, and that Ban added to PBBans. So it appears more likely to be a glitch of some sort. You'll also notice on the PBBan link, that 13 people were banned today for the same reason, but that reason isn't listed anywhere else prior to today. Very strange. I'm trying to submit an appeal, but running into an issue. It asks for my EB Ticket URL, but when I paste it into the appeal page, it says the link is invalid. Ugh!

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news BUT, If you do NOT have 2 factor authentication enabled, It is likely your account has been taken over by an unscrupulous player.

I can check to see if your account has any logged ip changes ( assuming your ip address would be one that usually does not change ), which would verify whether or not your account was compromised.

That said, Even when armed with this information, It is unlikely evenbalance will revoke the ban as there would still be the question that the account *was* involved in cheating and thus the ban would not be incorrect.

:edit:
    Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything concrete which would point to your account being compromised.

The best thing you can do is do an appeal, As fruitful as it may be, To try and get access to BF4 multiplayer again.

I also highly recommend you enable 2 factor authentication which can save this from happening on other games you have on Origin.
  • HairOffTheDog
    Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything concrete which would point to your account being compromised.

The best thing you can do is do an appeal, As fruitful as it may be, To try and get access to BF4 multiplayer again.

I also highly recommend you enable 2 factor authentication which can save this from happening on other games you have on Origin.

Thank you for trying, I'm pretty confident nothing was compromised, the ip on PBBans page is the beginning of my IP and my system is about as clean as it gets, but I thank you for looking on your end. I did turn on 2 factor authentication per your recommendation though. It seems as though I can't appeal until I get a reply from Even Balance, and I have no idea how long that takes. I still find it strange that 13 people were banned today for the same reason, VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) 88001, and that reason hasn't been used in the last week at least. Again, thank you for such quick replies tonight, this is really bothering me, so I appreciate the help.
  • HairOffTheDog
    On a side note, I just did a full search on that ban code 88001 using PBBans search function, to see how common it's been over BF4's 20000+ bans. Only the 13 from today came up, isn't that a little odd? Hoping this sorts itself out soon.
  • jennhkfan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This just happened to me today as well. Played fine last night, wake up this morning and keep trying to play different servers, within a minute I get "you were kicked by punkbuster" with no explanation why. Been playing for years and never cheated.

So went through hours of uninstalling and reinstalling first Punkbuster, then the entire frigging game. Fortunately found this thread via search and saw others were having issues, then found my account was added to the global ban list:

https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-ban-416452.html

Which is bull cause I've never used a hack in these games, been playing the BF series forever. So just submitted my appeal, hopefully this can get resolved.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited March 6
    If that violation has never been triggered before then its a new violation that has recently been added (maybe even as recently as today), I'm assuming by silent logging too as theres a lot of detections raised on this violation within such a short timespan. Silent logging is when cheats are detected on accounts and just logged for a while until it is decided by evenbalance to action all those who were logged by this violation in order to not alert cheat creaters that the cheat was detected so they could fix it quickly. In other words, a cheat wouldn't have to be running at the time a GUID is banned hence only being able to play for literally a minute.
    These are typical of new ban waves and it looks like they are all global pb bans so even if pbbans removed these bans you highlighted it would have no effect cause they would still be globally banned by evenbalance themselves. So really if anyone has been banned globally with this particular violation then its just as well to appeal straight to evenbalance as linked by LOLGotYerTags in his earlier post.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    A little more info in the below link to help take away the confusion of pbbans affiliation with evenbalance..

https://www.pbbans.com/global-punkbuster-ban.html
  • HairOffTheDog
    edited March 6
    I really want to get to the bottom of this. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply or acknowledgement from EvenBalance? We are up to 19 people with this Game Hack 88001 reason, and I know it's not from cheating. So what could it be from? I purchased two new pieces of hardware last week, a Steelseries Siberian 800 Wireless headset (very much doubt it's that), and a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum keyboard to replace my old Logitech G19. Could it maybe be related to that piece of hardware? Anyone else have a corsair K series keyboard? And no I don't use any macros or anything.

Hoping we can get more people to post in this thread so we can get to the bottom of it. It's a new ban reason, so something is triggering it with us 19 people, we just need to figure out what. I'll add this post to my EvenBalance ticket, maybe it'll help them.

I've offered to provide them any logs from my system that may help, we'll see what happens. Just hoping to get this resolved soon.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!