Servers offline

Comments

• Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    memoric wrote: »
    They say something about fiber cuts

I can connect to the internet just fine. It`s YOUR GAME that is the problem.

It's actually multiple platforms who start to suffer, Blizzard, Facebook, Amazon and much more
    So yeah it is possible that a major node somewhere got severed, after all, internet DOES RUN thru cables, like it or not....
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VirpZZ wrote: »
    Belegaren wrote: »
    I miss the ol times wer you could make your on server and not need to rely on 3rd party **** that is always down. All you needed was a paid copy of the game.

Makes no sense whatsoever in regards to any game using dedicated servers. Cuz, you know, it actually needs 3rd party stuff.

I am sorry if you haven't played anything like what I've described.

yes it was open to abuse as all progress was client side but it was a simpler time :)
  • Spoikie
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    At least they tell us there is something wrong on there website now ...

SOMETHING’S UP WITH EA ONLINE SERVICES, STICK WITH US WHILE WE UNTANGLE OUR WIRES
    Thursday, 28 December 2017
    While we’re working on our online services, you might not be able to connect to online modes in some games, buy games on Origin, or log in to Origin or EA Help.
    We’ll get you back in your game as soon as we can. Thanks for sticking with us while we work this out.
  • Spoikie
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Oooh, that was december 2017 !! HAHAHAHAHA
  • ferrit44
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GGAMA92 wrote: »
    I hope they are fixing hit reg and lags.

lol.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    memoric wrote: »
    They say something about fiber cuts

I can connect to the internet just fine. It`s YOUR GAME that is the problem.

It's actually multiple platforms who start to suffer, Blizzard, Facebook, Amazon and much more
    So yeah it is possible that a major node somewhere got severed, after all, internet DOES RUN thru cables, like it or not....

wow.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me YouTube doesn't work properly either so today there seem to be big issues somewhere.
  • FeeL_S0_Mad
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No connection.....unfortunately(Russia)
  • chenuek
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No connection from California near EA HQ
  • oneCelph
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cable accidents happens all the time, that's why all big companies that relies on steady internet have some redundancy...
  • Belegaren
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Belegaren wrote: »
    I miss the ol times wer you could make your on server and not need to rely on 3rd party **** that is always down. All you needed was a paid copy of the game.

Makes no sense whatsoever in regards to any game using dedicated servers. Cuz, you know, it actually needs 3rd party stuff.

I am sorry if you haven't played anything like what I've described.

That's ok mate, someone (read: you) has to play the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ones too! Someday, you'll realize that dedicated servers are the way to go in a FPS and why you actually need them. (Let alone the fact, I probably played more than 2000 games in the last 20 years)
  • PeterMichael08
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Use this link to report it and force them to be more informant. http://downdetector.com/status/ea
  • oneCelph
    Blizzard seems to have the same problem. Would be kinda sad if they stored their auth-servers in the same hall.
  • b00y4
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if not deciding to haord all the rented servers and letting other companies host BF1 games too might have at leats let some servers be online.
  • Battlewar1976
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Offline from Canada.
  • Sgt_GrizZZZ
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Offline in the UK :/

At least its not just me ... I was about to throw a hissy fit :D
  • cesarvandam
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    offline in Chile too
  • oneCelph
    b00y4 wrote: »
    I wonder if not deciding to haord all the rented servers and letting other companies host BF1 games too might have at leats let some servers be online.

I'm guessing that there are no problems with the actual game servers but with some sort of authentication servers.
    That would explain why the problem seems to be global.

In that case the issue is with the net owner at that location.
    Stupid none the less.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    I assume they are offline. I cannot connect - go online.
    Let's all pray that they are actually fixing something.