The easy life of the tanker (mine buff complaints)

s1sscottishlobo
235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Ok so I only just realised the anti tank mines are now useless against tanks!
Now when playing and laying you don't get the satisfaction of defending a flag from distance, all you get is track disabled, 1 minute later, "we have lost A B C......"
The life of a tanker is now very VERY easy.
Just gonna take this flag, BOOOOM, repair repair repair, reverse, take out the generously spaced out other mines, cap flag...........simple.

Comments

• WetFishDB
    1888 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, definitely a lot easier for tankers now. I believe that was deliberate though, despite Dice not saying anything really explaining why they did the change.
  • KingRofty
    401 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now when playing and laying you don't get the satisfaction of defending a flag from distance, all you get is track disabled, 1 minute later, "we have lost A B C......"
    Just gonna take this flag, BOOOOM, repair repair repair, reverse, take out the generously spaced out other mines, cap flag...........simple.

Easy life of a tanker? You obviously haven't been in a tank much lately.

Just try supporting your team on Volga River with a crappy Landship and anti-tank grenades are raining down on you....then you get a new respect for players actually willing to get into the tank.
  • s1sscottishlobo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »

Just try supporting your team on Volga River with a crappy Landship and anti-tank grenades are raining down on you....then you get a new respect for players actually willing to get into the tank.

You can change the tank type and map! The anti-TANK mines will still be garbage.
    On a side note, is dynamite still deployable within 5 meters if the last one?
    It's only my opinion, but the distance is a bit extreme between them now, I'm being forced to stop using them cause they do nothing to stop tanks.
    Dice/ea should just re name them anti car mines.
  • OVERKILL-PR-
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KingRofty wrote: »

You can change the tank type and map! The anti-TANK mines will still be garbage.
    On a side note, is dynamite still deployable within 5 meters if the last one?
    It's only my opinion, but the distance is a bit extreme between them now, I'm being forced to stop using them cause they do nothing to stop tanks.
    Dice/ea should just re name them anti car mines.
    Absolutely right my friend , I still dont know why they did that ? I hope they fix that asap because right now is completely useless .
  • dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They seem to work pretty good on Cavalry now but are useless against tanks. I even managed to sneak up on a tank, get one deployed on each side of the tank, set one off with a grenade, then got killed before setting the other off and the tank repaired and drove off.
  • s1sscottishlobo
    dfwviking wrote: »
    They seem to work pretty good on Cavalry now but are useless against tanks. I even managed to sneak up on a tank, get one deployed on each side of the tank, set one off with a grenade, then got killed before setting the other off and the tank repaired and drove off.

This happened to me also, went to the trouble of sneaking half way across a map to a land ship camper, 2 mines deployed behind, A-t nade to the front, reverse, spots me, kills me , repaired himself drove away with one mine still whole! Toooo far away.
  • JTRIV1461
    49 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This was a very stupid change and it is odd that no one seems to have any idea why they crippled the AT mines.
  • MurfCr
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I LOVE tanking...and I will agree. the damage buff and placement nerf were NOT needed.
  • s1sscottishlobo
    Just noticed you can't place them next to another players either! Absolute garbage, I haven't seen anyone complaining about the mines before so WHY CHANGE THEM?
  • MurfCr
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just noticed you can't place them next to another players either! Absolute garbage, I haven't seen anyone complaining about the mines before so WHY CHANGE THEM?

people were complaining about spawn killing tanks.
  • ElliotLH
    5284 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MurfCr wrote: »

They fixed that before they fiddled with the placement spacing though, as mines left in an enemy spawn point would detonate on their own.
  • RUS_BEARS
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is so much wrong with the people who complain about this I don't even know if I'll be able to say it all.... Obviously, dice wanted to encourage placing mines in the heat of the battle instead of gay-killing tanks with one mine in the most dull places. It makes the gameplay much more exciting for all sides in many different ways, minus your "satisfaction", of course. The fact that you don't understand that and complain doesn't speak very highly of you.
  • Sciolist
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RUS_BEARS wrote: »
    There is so much wrong with the people who complain about this I don't even know if I'll be able to say it all.... Obviously, dice wanted to encourage placing mines in the heat of the battle instead of gay-killing tanks with one mine in the most dull places. It makes the gameplay much more exciting for all sides in many different ways, minus your "satisfaction", of course. The fact that you don't understand that and complain doesn't speak very highly of you.

This does not encourage laying mines in the heat of battle. It encourages using something completely different so you have a chance of killing the tank. I have not bothered using mines since the change.
  • WetFishDB
    1888 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JTRIV1461 wrote: »
    This was a very stupid change and it is odd that no one seems to have any idea why they crippled the AT mines.

I've mentioned why I think it is before, and IMHO its because they want someone in a tank to be able to get a few kills regardless of their inability to spot obvious mines. It's to pander to the more casual player. It's the same reason why TTK2 was introduced, to give a casual camper a slightly higher chance to get a kill. Unfortunately I don't think it's improved the game for more casual players at all, but I think that's what the intention was.
  • WetFishDB
    MurfCr wrote: »

But they already fixed that in a previous update, as mines on spawn points now get removed before the vehicle spawns in.
  • s1sscottishlobo
    RUS_BEARS wrote: »

How can you possibly place them in the heat of the battle when it's not possible to lay them close to one another?
    And "gay killing tanks" with 1 mine! I've still to see a 1 mine kill to any tank.
    IMO, this is just another way of making it easier to "tank", self repair, unlimited ammo, guns on all corners and now when an assault player has the initiative to lay some mines,A single player against a TANK, he's forced to space them so the tanker can live to repair and farm easy kills all game long............
  • blindsniper63
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @s1sscottishlobo i'm sure you have been in another thread about this but anyway i have learnt to adapt even more but i still love destroying vehicles.Anybody that has played with me will tell you i am a vehicle hunter and i'm passionate about it, if you worry about K/D do not follow my examples of how to die for your team lol .Personally i would like the stacking to come back as it makes my suicide runs a little easier.Anyway enjoy the vid.

• s1sscottishlobo
    @s1sscottishlobo i'm sure you have been in another thread about this but anyway i have learnt to adapt even more but i still love destroying vehicles.Anybody that has played with me will tell you i am a vehicle hunter and i'm passionate about it, if you worry about K/D do not follow my examples of how to die for your team lol .Personally i would like the stacking to come back as it makes my suicide runs a little easier.Anyway enjoy the vid.

Thanks for your input, if you look at my stats you'll see I couldn't give a jobby about my k/d, as your video pretty much sums up my playing style as assault.
    The mine distance placement is just a pain in the bum, I'm genuinely a annoyed at this game change.
  • blindsniper63
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for your input, if you look at my stats you'll see I couldn't give a jobby about my k/d, as your video pretty much sums up my playing style as assault.
    The mine distance placement is just a pain in the bum, I'm genuinely a annoyed at this game change.

@s1sscottishlobo i,m glad like me you couldn't care less about K/D, it's great fun playing like this but i do get help from my fellow platoonies as well.
    Totally agree with you about the distance placement and i would certainly like it to be put back as it was.Maybe somebody from Dice could tell who's idea it was.
    @Braddock512
  • RanzigeRidder2
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There’s a simple solution: 1 mine + 1 dynamite= vehicle destroy, so in 1 life without ammo replenishment 3 potential vehicle kills. And yes dynamite stacks on mines! See at the end of my video. You don’t even have to detonate the dynamite, the mine blast will do that for you. So if you leave pairs of these at strategic points you are still able to destroy those tanks.
    https://youtu.be/BdYY5eb2L2g