Is battlefield ever going to be smooth in windows 10 ?

SixtyfpsGaming
44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
On my rig bf1 runs smooth as butter on windwos 8.1 but on the exact same system windows 10 runs and is spikes and stutter. even on my laptop which has a 7820k and 1070 i get the same stutters. THis is BS big time

Comments

• I-Soldat-I
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have a Core i7 6700K, 16 Gb RAM 1070 video card, on Win 10. Runs smooth after the last patch
  • SneakyGunman
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is a crap load of services that need to be disabled in win10 1709 that's for sure but you can get it smooth.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/127126/windows-10-fall-creators-update-results/p22
  • SixtyfpsGaming
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    I have a Core i7 6700K, 16 Gb RAM 1070 video card, on Win 10. Runs smooth after the last patch

Good for you
  • NamelessForNow
    1421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's the luck of the draw. 1703/09 was horrible. Rolled back to 1607 6 times which never gave me issues. Now 1709 works great. Only service disabled is superfetch
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For me:
    1607 - Smooth, no issues
    1703 - Lost about 20-30 fps with stutters
    1709 - Smooth, no issues
    -
    As far as superfetch, I think it's hit or miss on certain games. When I play Forza on my HTPC I lose 15 fps with superfetch disabled.
  • SixtyfpsGaming
    edited March 2018
    That didnt work
    Post edited by SixtyfpsGaming on
  • AgentNewb
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    On my rig bf1 runs smooth as butter on windwos 8.1 but on the exact same system windows 10 runs and is spikes and stutter. even on my laptop which has a 7820k and 1070 i get the same stutters. THis is BS big time

As long as Microsoft keeps their GameDVR, GameMode and XboxOverlay probably games will never run smooth on W10.
  • D5RAT
    1996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Don't really have problems with any games bar BF1 .. not sure you can blame windows . I have given up trying to hold back at 1607 (which was better) I'm now on 1709 but it seems good apart from laggy servers bad hitreg (at times) and the occasional crash.. then again I don't play other games as much
  • TheOnePaleHorse
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My spec are under your's and my BF1 runs great.
  • ferrit44
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That'll be the Creators update taking a giant **** on you.
  • D5RAT
    1996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    It runs ok for me it's pretty good fps but I can't see how they will improve the next Battlefield to run any better on your current hardware so if it's rubbish I recommend updates or skip the next BF. Don't expect some miraculous frostbite super smooth optimised engine to be created..
    Post edited by D5RAT on
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No issues here, however i have disabled GameDVR, GameMode and XboxOverlay
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It run as smooth as windows 7 or worse if you have all crap loading on win10 background
  • bass-junkie-xl
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I realy wish we could get 3 guys with 3 systems with perf overlay on showing graph on

Windows 7
    Windows 8.1
    Windows 10

Z170 ,z270 ,z370 showing the graph and frame times in the same server. I just went back to Windows 8.1 x64 on my rig in sig and it was not any less cpu spiking then win 1607 . When 6 months 8.1 was butter smooth maybee between the dice patches, intel Spector, nvidia drivers and latest security patches in Windows has made frame times way werse then it ever was.

• YourLocalPlumber
    2515 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On my PC everything runs smooth as long as I don't enable DX12. I tried it yesterday and my PC freaked out. First had like 20-30 FPS when joined a server, then slowly went up to 70 but had constant fps drops. Then switched DX12 off, restarted the game and everything is smooth.
  • I_Shanghai_Kid_I
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018
    Cobra try this and see how it does. In windows 10
    > Settings " AKA - Windows Settings" I say this because once you open settings it for some reason is actually named it Windows Settings real big. lol

Settings - Gaming - and in every setting that has an on/off switch starting with game bar - Turn it off. As you are playing on PC and not an Xbox. :) It has helped a bunch of people lately that I know.

If you are using a game controller and not a keyboard and mouse you might want to leave that stuff on.

Next after doing that if its not fixed to your liking - You can try Asus GPU Tweak II that you can use to clean up windows issues. Just google Asus GPU Tweak II youtube if you need help using the Tools.

Next check your graphics settings. Nvidia control panel. Configure Surround, PhysX - Make sure your PhysX settings are set to your graphics card and not your CPU. This is super tuff on CPU's and will cause problems in most cases.

I was primarily thinking of your laptop when I wrote this. So, another thing to check on your desktop is Bios updates and update it. Note: with ASUS its best to download the bios update onto a thumb drive that is formatted to FAT32 and run the bios update from that drive.
    Post edited by I_Shanghai_Kid_I on
  • SixtyfpsGaming
    Cobra try this and see how it does. In windows 10
    > Settings " AKA - Windows Settings" I say this because once you open settings it for some reason is actually named it Windows Settings real big. lol

Settings - Gaming - and in every setting that has an on/off switch starting with game bar - Turn it off. As you are playing on PC and not an Xbox. :) It has helped a bunch of people lately that I know.

If you are using a game controller and not a keyboard and mouse you might want to leave that stuff on.

Next after doing that if its not fixed to your liking - You can try Asus GPU Tweak II that you can use to clean up windows issues. Just google Asus GPU Tweak II youtube if you need help using the Tools.

Next check your graphics settings. Nvidia control panel. Configure Surround, PhysX - Make sure your PhysX settings are set to your graphics card and not your CPU. This is super tuff on CPU's and will cause problems in most cases.

I was primarily thinking of your laptop when I wrote this. So, another thing to check on your desktop is Bios updates and update it. Note: with ASUS its best to download the bios update onto a thumb drive that is formatted to FAT32 and run the bios update from that drive.

All my bios is up to date. On my desktop It runs 100% smooth with 8.1 but not 10 unfortunately i have 10 on my laptop and the same stutter is there to. I have tried everything and nothing works
  • SixtyfpsGaming
    I realy wish we could get 3 guys with 3 systems with perf overlay on showing graph on

Windows 7
    Windows 8.1
    Windows 10

Z170 ,z270 ,z370 showing the graph and frame times in the same server. I just went back to Windows 8.1 x64 on my rig in sig and it was not any less cpu spiking then win 1607 . When 6 months 8.1 was butter smooth maybee between the dice patches, intel Spector, nvidia drivers and latest security patches in Windows has made frame times way werse then it ever was.

How are you running 8.1 with a 8700k ?
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    instead of going through all the hassle of reinstalling windows could you not just run it in compatibility mode for win 8?
  • SixtyfpsGaming
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    instead of going through all the hassle of reinstalling windows could you not just run it in compatibility mode for win 8?
    doesnt work