Model 10-A Hunter is simply amazing.

Comments

• dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The A10 Hunter is great but IMO very situational....
    Argonne, Amiens C-D-flag, Fort De Vaux, Paeschendaele... All CQB-maps where I tend to use the A10 because you got the enemies within the 20-25 mtrs sweetspot...

I prefer the A10 over the 1900 shottie due to ammocapacity.
    For the 1900-user: How do you deal with 3+ enemies when you have to reload every other shot?
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sjögren is better for flanking imo but 1 vs 1 A10 Hunter wins over it 9 of 10. (Working 4th service star on shotguns so have them in relative fresh memory.)
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer the slug variant. It’s fun sniping with a shotgun at medium range.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    10-A hunter in a nutshell and most shotguns in general...Hit marker...Hit marker...Hit marker..Shot dead. As someone who loves shotguns (30-50k kills over 3 battlefields) the hit registration and handling of the shotguns in this game makes me hate them.
  • MurfCr
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the 10A slug, then the 1900 factory. Blasting heads with the slug is just fun.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The shottie salt is so real.

Same goes for the bolt-action rifles .. one might become diabetic reading all these salty comments.

I think you mean Hypertension

Diabetes is linked with sugar moreso.

On topic, if anyone hasn't tried the "lesser damage/faster ROF" shotguns since they were patched, I would encourage you to do so

I've always like the Sjorgen and 12G, but they are even better now. Fantastic choices
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    The shottie salt is so real.

Same goes for the bolt-action rifles .. one might become diabetic reading all these salty comments.

I think you mean Hypertension

Diabetes is linked with sugar moreso.

On topic, if anyone hasn't tried the "lesser damage/faster ROF" shotguns since they were patched, I would encourage you to do so

I've always like the Sjorgen and 12G, but they are even better now. Fantastic choices

The Sjögren I used to use a ton but I just get hit markers 25/8 with it now. On the other hand the M97 sweeper feels phenomenal now. Rather strange my experience with shotguns is so much different from everyone else.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm starting to like the slug variant a log more actually. One shot kills up close with decent hipfire, but still able to take down targets at range.

One problem is that at range my bullets seem to miss. Is it spread, drop or just a very low velocity that makes me miss? Any idea how to deal with it?
  • Hawxxeye
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am beginning to prefer Sjögren more and more over the 10-A
  • Saddisticspeller
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

I've preferred it forever. It's ability to take fights against 4 players easily is crazy good.

Has much worse range though and you'll frequently need 2 shots where the model 10 only needs 1.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12609 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The 10-A hunter has always been a "go to" shotgun for the close range combat, Though I've started using the 10-A Slug recently and that's equally as good I find.

I haven't tried many of the other shotguns.
  • Saddisticspeller
    edited March 2018
    The 10-A hunter has always been a "go to" shotgun for the close range combat, Though I've started using the 10-A Slug recently and that's equally as good I find.

I'd recommend the M1897 Sweeper and Sjögren. Very fun weapons that after TTK2.0 are as good if not sometimes better then the Model 10A.
    Post edited by Saddisticspeller on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12609 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I'd recommend the M1997 Sweeper and Sjögren. Very fun weapons that after TTK2.0 are as good if not sometimes better then the Model 10A.

I'll definitely give them a look-in, Cheers :)
  • Hawxxeye
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I've preferred it forever. It's ability to take fights against 4 players easily is crazy good.

Has much worse range though and you'll frequently need 2 shots where the model 10 only needs 1.

Very true, however I had been finding myself dying often between the 10-A shots, so I decided to focus on the sjogren which has a smaller downtime.
    Another thing about the sjogren that I like is that it actually has good iron sights. It makes me wish there was a slug variant for it
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sjögren slug.... I want that!
  • Saddisticspeller

Another thing about the sjogren that I like is that it actually has good iron sights. It makes me wish there was a slug variant for it

God yes.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2013 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    Sjögren slug.... I want that!

No, give it to me!
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wow it’s been a while since I’ve used shotguns in the game. They have been nerfed into worthlessness. I need to be less than 5 feet away to get a one hit kill? Anything more than that requires aat least 2 or 3 shots? Yet I can drop enemies with an RSC with two hits from 0-70m? How is this balanced? Shotguns are one the deadliest CQB weapons ever made. Granted they shouldn’t be killing at range for balance reasons, but being able to one hit kill up to 10-15m seems more than reasonable to me.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I prefer the A10 over the 1900 shottie due to ammocapacity.
    For the 1900-user: How do you deal with 3+ enemies when you have to reload every other shot?

If 3+ enemies are paying attention to you at shotgun range, you aren't going to kill all of them with a steady stream of shots with pumping animations in between. You'll be dead first. You almost certainly will need duck behind cover for a sec, which is when you would pop two more shells in the 1900.

Having that second 1900 shot immediately available is worth the 2-shot limit to me, especially since two shots is about all the time you can spare out of cover.

Plus, that 2-shell reload is super quick and consistent, as opposed to the long pump SG reload that varies in length. One little trick is to always fire both shots, as the 2-shell reload is faster than just one shell.
  • mrtwotimes
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's a great shotgun, and people luuuuuuuuv getting blasted by one.

Luckily, good ole' 10-A feeds off the tears of the enemy.