Tripwire is the New Gas

retrofied21
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
The tripwire is a one-hit-kill now after TTK 2.0. This has been discussed before but can just someone, anyone at dice, please fix this. I kill a full heavy tank, I survive through infantry, then run a corner at full health and die. I work my **** off and get killed by someone that had to do no work. What I'm getting is that not playing the game, and being a useless sniper is the most rewarding thing.

Comments

• MarkFury67
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't even mind the tripwire being a OHK, but then so should other small explosives that require some skill.
  • ShiveringLights
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The tripwire is a one-hit-kill now after TTK 2.0. This has been discussed before but can just someone, anyone at dice, please fix this. I kill a full heavy tank, I survive through infantry, then run a corner at full health and die. I work my **** off and get killed by someone that had to do no work. What I'm getting is that not playing the game, and being a useless sniper is the most rewarding thing.

Yeah that's one of the biggest bs in the entire game. I mean you mostly can't see them when they are placed properly and there also isn't much skill involved in killing with those...
  • Hawxxeye
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 13

Yeah that's one of the biggest bs in the entire game. I mean you mostly can't see them when they are placed properly and there also isn't much skill involved in killing with those...

What really needs any considerable skill in this game? I can only think of fighter dogfights.

In any case I die more often from gas or frags than tripmines
  • ShiveringLights
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Because holding the trigger while spamming random direction buttons is taking a lot of skill
    What really needs any considerable skill in this game? I can only think of fighter dogfights.

At least you have to aim there and in some occasions have to press the buttons multiple times while controlling the recoil
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Claymores/tripwires have always been a OHK in previous games. Not sure why do you want to complain now.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Claymores/tripwires have always been a OHK in previous games. Not sure why do you want to complain now.

One issue is that the tripwire mines are currently glitched - they will go off even if you don't touch the wire of the mine. As long as they fix that, they should be good to go.

They're annoying when placed in odd areas, such as random rubble on Passchendaele, but they should make you more wary of your surroundings. I will say that claymores were much easier to see than tripwires in BF1, but in most cases, a tripwire can be easily seen by a decent player ... right before one of their teammates runs headstrong into the wire and kills them both ... XD

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they have been this way since forever because I always try to place my gifts the sneaky way to make the wire hidden and still get kills.
  • The_Decapitat0r
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 13
    I think the HE tripbomb is balanced now, when you compare it to other gadgets. Assault gets 3 landmines which can 1 hit kill transport vehicles carrying 5 guys and 4 AT rockets which can 1 hit kill a sentry, medic gets free health, 3 rifle grenades and can revive dead players, support gets unlimited ammo and two crossbow grenades. All those gadgets are more useful than a OHK trip bomb.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's perfectly fine as it is. I missed my claymores from BF4, tripwires used to be weak and useless. Now at least they surve a purpose.

On the receiving end, I think I've been killed by tripmines less than 10 times in hundreds of hours... look where you're going.
  • olavafar
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I use gas tripwires so I'm all bad :). They are not one shot kill though but placed smartly you can get A LOT of score from a single one. My record so far is +1500 pts (no kill).
  • ElliotLH
    2707 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nah I'd still rather die to a tripmine than to gas.
  • Juswant2playcod
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just make them 99 damage lol would still probs get the kill like 90% of the time
  • Hawxxeye
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 13
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Because holding the trigger while spamming random direction buttons is taking a lot of skill

At least you have to aim there and in some occasions have to press the buttons multiple times while controlling the recoil

Each to his own. Personally I have more respect for the scout who kills me with a tripwire than his sniper variant from 80++++ meters away while lying and waiting for a victim to enter his hunting grounds.
    The guy had to think of where an enemy would go through while sprinting and find a place where the trap would not be too obvious. That is aiming and controlling in its own way
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think the HE tripbomb is balanced now, when you compare it to other gadgets. Assault gets 3 landmines which can 1 hit kill transport vehicles carrying 5 guys and 4 AT rockets which can 1 hit kill a sentry, medic gets free health, 3 rifle grenades and can revive dead players, support gets unlimited ammo and two crossbow grenades. All those gadgets are more useful than a OHK trip bomb.

The scout has probably THE best gadget, the spot flare (maybe second to the syringe)
  • xenome111
    2909 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's not they it everywhere that is it being placed on really in a open field
  • CS-2107
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

They did actually do some work. They had to find a spot some clown would run through with his eyes closed

All these clowns who don't see the bombs on Prise De Tahure. They are so easy to spot... not.

Seriously these bombs can do too much right now. Also there is a trick to deploy them with invisible wire, so no chance of seeing that coming. And they also explode proximity based for some reason, even if you do not touch the wire. And they one-shot elite troopers, which is so annoying. I had a dude deploying one in the box, than when someone took the kit and started running away he dies instantly. These bombs were powerful enough when they only did 80 damage, as that will give you an Assist counting as a kill or you could finish them off with basicly anthing...
  • Sajkovich14
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes because instakilling a tank with mines is perfectly fine but damn those OHK tripwires.

Just keep your eyes open and if you suspect there might be a tripwire somewhere there probably are. Or just accept that you ran over one.
  • Head3masher
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Don't run around blindly...

Fools rush in so they say..
  • OrionPherrit
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My main complaint is I wish they’d had buffed it way back when I was trying the frustrating Mosin-Nagant unlock. :s That took ages as the tripmine would usually do only 76 damage & allow them to live to fight another day.

The other complaint is that you don’t even have to touch the wire for it to go off. This is unfair as motion sensor proximity mines haven’t been invented yet. And the floor of maps like Passchendaele are so trashy, you can’t even see the darn things most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.