SMG mission is upon us

llPhantom_Limbll
3734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

As predicted we're getting another weapon specific community challenge this time. Are you ready for another week of assault spam everywhere?

Comments

• stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 13
    Oh yeah, finally some variety.

But seriously, why does DICE love assault so much, a class that has a usage rate that is EASILY 10 percentage points too high?

On the other hand, you won't see a lot of difference to all the other weeks without a challenge.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Time to get that silver MP-18 and Hellriegel!
  • James-MII
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It’s defintely not the week to be driving a tank that’s for sure!
  • stiII_no_name
    James-MII wrote: »

Because assaults destroy tanks, hahahahhaha
  • olavafar
    1501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just as I completed the assault service assignment (Pride). First thing that happens is that I get TWO assault medals in my rotation yesterday. I planned to ignore them and now this... I cannot ignore those as I'm still collecting scraps so that I can buy puzzle pieces if they turn up on the 'exchange'.
  • James-MII
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    James-MII wrote: »

Because assaults destroy tanks, hahahahhaha

Yeah I get that haha that’s why I said it! ☺️Not all of them do though I’ve seen some right sights, assaults blindly charging in throwing grenades and just dieing time after time!
  • Hawxxeye
    1839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 13
    The SMG 08/18 will roar this week.
    I try to avoid using the training wheels class as much as I can but it cant be helped in that case
  • Sixclicks
    3893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I didn't bother with the shotgun one and I probably won't bother with this one either. Assault is boring imo.
  • KrimsonGunner
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I dread the day when the SLR challenges start. For an entire week, this entire community will be one gigantic, horrific medic train ...

*shudders*

Except about half of them won’t actually be reviving anyone. And of those about a third will be running rifle grenades and the other two thirds will be...

10m 8m 5m 2m 4m 7m 10m 14m 20m... and it’s gone!
  • CS-2107
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just realised that the MP-18 is an absolute Powerhouse. Oh hey Assault, you and your hellriegel? Well guess what, I don't have to zoom in to kill you. Firing at me Medic? I suppress the hell out of you and shoot you down at your medium range. Trying to get me Support? I'm killing to quick for you to deploy your bipod! Anyoneelse wanna rumble? Scout? Better run for your life.
  • Fleetwood1987
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't wait for the bolt action week, you thinks there are too many snipers now haha
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just noticed the (hard) tag on the 200 kills.

Wat
  • stiII_no_name

Wat

Well, only because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it isn't hard for others. I have to admit, getting 200 kills with SMGs is super hard for me. I think I only have 250 SMG kills or something like that. Not because of the spray and pray weapons, but because playing this class is painful to me.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Wat

Well, only because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it isn't hard for others. I have to admit, getting 200 kills with SMGs is super hard for me. I think I only have 250 SMG kills or something like that. Not because of the spray and pray weapons, but because playing this class is painful to me.

I'm​ not saying it like "Ooooo I'm the GOAT at BF1 worship me" it's just 200 kills is only a handful of games unless you're trash tier.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    I just realised that the MP-18 is an absolute Powerhouse. Oh hey Assault, you and your hellriegel? Well guess what, I don't have to zoom in to kill you. Firing at me Medic? I suppress the hell out of you and shoot you down at your medium range. Trying to get me Support? I'm killing to quick for you to deploy your bipod! Anyoneelse wanna rumble? Scout? Better run for your life.

It was always a beast of a gun, but the TTK patch ended up making it even better. This gun has such fantastic hipfire accuracy that using hipfire at medium range is not always a crazy idea.

I completed the 100 SMG kills so easily with this, and I'm lucky that my battlepack gave me the all-black MP-18 skin. Now, a few more kills till I reach 200 ...
  • CS-2107
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »

It was always a beast of a gun, but the TTK patch ended up making it even better. This gun has such fantastic hipfire accuracy that using hipfire at medium range is not always a crazy idea.

I completed the 100 SMG kills so easily with this, and I'm lucky that my battlepack gave me the all-black MP-18 skin. Now, a few more kills till I reach 200 ...

I still need to finish the mission. Right now I'm too tired to play (sounds weird right) I'm just not in the mood for it right now
  • Gforce81
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Someone inspire me to use SMG's for this mission

I get so incredibly bored using most of them. Does the Trench Carbine count for the SMG kills? I'm sure the Ribeye does.

I'm not about to pickup a SMG 08, HR, or Automatico for gods sake
  • KrimsonGunner
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Someone inspire me to use SMG's for this mission

I get so incredibly bored using most of them. Does the Trench Carbine count for the SMG kills? I'm sure the Ribeye does.

I'm not about to pickup a SMG 08, HR, or Automatico for gods sake

Yes the Trench Carbine counts as an SMG. Of course the Ribeyrolles, MP18, Maschinenpistole, and RSC SMG all also count.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    Well, I've gotten the final 200 kills with SMGs now. For the last ten kills, I used the RSC SMG, just to give myself a challenge ... I ended up using that gun like a mid-range SLR rather than an SMG.

This challenge felt much easier than the shotgun challenge. At least I didn't use an SMG08, unlike some people out there ... XD