Buff the Cavalry

2»

Comments

• hsalouha2002
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I Think they should decrease the damage tolerance on the cavalry (horse included), and have it compensate for an increased hit box.

There were better times for the cavalry
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is the most unused vehicle on console. I can understand why pc users would think it’s great. Aiming is known to be easier on keyboard and mouse. But it’s easier for console users to go straight into action with sword/lance. Which is basically the only option we have.

Lol. I am sorry but you have no idea what you speak of. I had a game yesterday with the top dragoon on xbox 1, HyruleHuPP. I was using the lance and he was using the 1895 rifle. In the two games he went 47-0 and 39-0 with the 1895 rifle only. While I barely scratched 30 kills with 3 or 4 deaths. The rifle IS a viable option on console.
    Cavalry is better now than it has ever been...

Are you crazy? Cavalry NEEDS a buff. >:) >:) >:)

Lol I think it is ok just the way it is, my friend.
  • dICEHOUSE
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »
    I think a guy shouldn't have more health because he's sitting on a horse

Agreed. It should take way more than 30 rounds of the IMG 08 to knock a guy off his horse.
    Let them have the crew weapons for use when dismounted, that will spice things up

Screw that. Let them have Elite class weapons. I don't know...Villar or the Raider Club be good choice.
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Let them have the crew weapons for use when dismounted, that will spice things up
    you mean class weapons?

I think he means sarcasm class weapons.

Can you point out on the doll where the cavalry soldier touched you? You sound like you've been killed by cavalry one to many times haha

LOL..you're funny. I have no problems with somebody using a horse. Actually pretty easy to avoid. My sarcasm went WAY over your head.
  • OlympicBeerpong
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you don't think cavalry needs a nerf you're absolutely nuts
  • V2Face
    2654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Calvary is in a better place now after the steady stream of nerfs. This buff makes me near impossible to kill on horseback unless I get focused fired. They can use a hit box buff for the sword or lance so they can viable and fired when up close. Air swings just make me an easy kill for machine gun fire. Calvary takes skill to be proficient with it like all other vehicle classes practice makes perfect. Git gud at firing from horseback it’s the best way to bet kills when pushing points. Also play in space never rush a point without assistance. Hassle entrenched players on points and tanks by abusing the light AT grenades.
  • iBL4KOUT
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a Calvary user what so ever. Have seen them buffed and nerfed and didn’t mind. But just had a game where I dumped a good 30 rounds into a horse and rider for him to just trot away. Lmg 08 pretty much point blank. Was a bit of a wtf moment. Rider got me once with the rifle which was fine as it was good shooting but returning fire was almost a joke. Just my 2c
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you don't think cavalry needs a nerf you're absolutely nuts

If you're consistently getting killed by cavalry you’re doing it wrong.
  • wiazabi
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    iBL4KOUT wrote: »
    Not a Calvary user what so ever. Have seen them buffed and nerfed and didn’t mind. But just had a game where I dumped a good 30 rounds into a horse and rider for him to just trot away. Lmg 08 pretty much point blank. Was a bit of a wtf moment. Rider got me once with the rifle which was fine as it was good shooting but returning fire was almost a joke. Just my 2c

Horse and rider got seperate health so go for 1 of em not both and if you truly cant take out one cavalry with lMG 08 almost point blank i dont know what to say other than you did something horrible wrong or let it overheat then just stood there.

Only way to really play cavalry atm which can be done with great succes is to use rifle at range and use the fast healing to always keep topped up.
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry got overbuffed again in the last patch, back to being a tank on 4 legs. And the cavalry "hitzones" are worse again. Trying to avoid getting hit by the lance by circling, OOPS he hits you with it directly behind the horse's **** somehow.

Cavalry + interpolation doesn't mix.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    Cavalry got overbuffed again in the last patch, back to being a tank on 4 legs. And the cavalry "hitzones" are worse again. Trying to avoid getting hit by the lance by circling, OOPS he hits you with it directly behind the horse's **** somehow.

Cavalry + interpolation doesn't mix.

It's not. Horsie's and rider's health have been slightly increased to reflect TTK 2.0. If you get hit behind the horse may be because the lance has a hotbox on both sides (it's a lance sharp on both edges).
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let them have crew weapons.. will be more options.

Imagine going on a raid with the Frommer stop auto on horseback it would be awesome.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Short answer HELL NO!! long answer no they can already self heal and resupplies now on the move since the recent BUFF.

Yes the sword has always been inconsistent, I’ve both died and survived thinking how did that miss me and also how did that miss that player.

Basically Cavalry is now back to what it was earlin the game, rampant over usage. Every round now how constant cavalry.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I just came out of a game where I put 20 rounds from the Avtomat into a cavalry player at ~4m ADS, all shots hitting chest and head, and he still had time to casually pull out his rifle and shoot me to death with it.

Remove this BS from the game.
  • V2Face
    2654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I just came out of a game where I put 20 rounds from the Avtomat into a cavalry player at ~4m ADS, all shots hitting chest and head, and he still had time to casually pull out his rifle and shoot me to death with it.

Trash players complaining about easy to kill Calvary makes me giddy.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Trash players complaining about easy to kill Calvary makes me giddy.
    And some random **** being a **** on the internet makes me say "yep: you're a ****."

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How about you remove yourself from the game?

You've got your head 6 feet into the sand if you can't see that Cav had been beaten into the ground the entirety of the game

Its a vehicle class, don't expect to 1v1 it and survive anymore, it shouldn't have been possible to 1v1 a Cav for this long anyways

They still kept the removal of armor when you dismount, so the days of 1911 supersoldeirs on foot are gone, you have to stay on your horse for any armor benefit

Let's also not forget that besides the total joke that is the Lance, cavalry has had 0 new weapons, 0 new specs, 0 new grenades since release. This is the one update that has included some good stuff for Cavalry
  • UraniumReaper
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty satisfied with the health buff to Cav. Being able to heal yourself and Callus gives you a lot more wiggle room to work with. You can escape and top off no problem.

Been using the rifle+nades a lot more. Most players still seem to be under the impression that Cav is an easy target to 1v1. They don't realize that when I broke line of sight for 10-15 seconds, it was to drop a pack and heal back 65 of the damage they laid on me before I swing back around. They stand there motionless, doing small damage, letting me aim in my careful shot thru their face.

I think the days of using the Sabre/Lance very much is over and done with tho. I still feel the hitbox for them is too wonky and inconsistent anymore.

I can do well enough anyways primarily using the rifle

I agree with the sabre/lance statement. More often then not I will either run them over instead of slash them or I'll be standing right next to them slashing for days and not hitting. I don't mind much though, self heal has almost completely made up for this imo. At the very least you can now be a very good bullet magnet/distraction for the enemy.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    edited March 2018
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    How about you remove yourself from the game?

You've got your head 6 feet into the sand if you can't see that Cav had been beaten into the ground the entirety of the game

Its a vehicle class, don't expect to 1v1 it and survive anymore, it shouldn't have been possible to 1v1 a Cav for this long anyways

They still kept the removal of armor when you dismount, so the days of 1911 supersoldeirs on foot are gone, you have to stay on your horse for any armor benefit

Let's also not forget that besides the total joke that is the Lance, cavalry has had 0 new weapons, 0 new specs, 0 new grenades since release. This is the one update that has included some good stuff for Cavalry
    There's a *crumb* on the corner of your mouth there. You might want to wipe it off.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on