SMG mission is upon us

Comments

• dmccar1001
    490 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This challenge felt much easier than the shotgun challenge.

It was ... you can kill people much further with the SMGs and they have a lot more ammo ... went very quick on Argonne.
  • Fleetwood1987
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 13
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Someone inspire me to use SMG's for this mission

I get so incredibly bored using most of them. Does the Trench Carbine count for the SMG kills? I'm sure the Ribeye does.

I'm not about to pickup a SMG 08, HR, or Automatico for gods sake

Ribeyrolles is all you need man, It's one of my favorites across all classes and I only really play assault to destroy vehicles.

I'm a support guy usually so the bipod is familiar and putting it to use let's you fire laser beams, not to mention the single fire mode which isn't crazy useful but cool if you wanna conserve some ammo instead of bursting at range.

It got nerfed a bit I believe but still a beast to me at least, but not at all a weapon for the spray and prayers
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm using this to finally unlock the Ribeyrolls.

20 headshots with the MP18 optical... bad enough to have to got for headshots with a SMG, but it only registeres like 1/3 of my headshots, even though it flashed the headshot color.
  • Fleetwood1987
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

20 headshots with the MP18 optical... bad enough to have to got for headshots with a SMG, but it only registeres like 1/3 of my headshots, even though it flashed the headshot color.

Pretty sure you need headshot kills with it, not just hit markers.
  • Sixclicks
    3688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 13

Back when I did it, it required headshot kills. Not headshot hits. No idea if they changed it to be like the Farquhar Hill headshot challenge. But if headshot hitmarkers aren't counting, then I'd assume you need headshot kills.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SMG battlepack actually doesn't have any old skins for default weapons in it. Instead there are things for Machinepistol, Trench carbine and RCS smg + black ones. Seems fair enough to me.
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Puzzle pieces?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Puzzle pieces?

Prybar and grappling hook.
  • OrionPherrit
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, this was much easier & more fun than the shotgun mission — finished in a few hours. I love my subby babies to pieces and am practically joined at the hip with them. If I were a cyborg, I’d want my favorite to be permanently attached to my arm! <3

Unfortunately, all I wound up with was a duplicate of the trench carbine’s “Rohr” skin. I suspect they only release a limited quantity of legendaries, and the popular 1s have all been taken. :|

I simultaneously did the current Ops campaign, and am sorry to report it’s still as 1-sided as ever. I kept getting placed on offense, and my platoon got trounced every single time. Oh well, at least I bagged my quota of kills for my hungry subbies. :p Now back to Conquest…
  • stiII_no_name

Sixclicks wrote: »

Back when I did it, it required headshot kills. Not headshot hits. No idea if they changed it to be like the Farquhar Hill headshot challenge. But if headshot hitmarkers aren't counting, then I'd assume you need headshot kills.

Yes, you're right. In the description it said headshots, which I interpreted in a wrong way.

The community mission was a pain for me until I finally unlocked the Ribeyrolls. Wow, finally a SMG that I can use. Playing with the automatico is so painfully limiting me, beh.
  • boutneus
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I feel dirty after using the noobriegel. Need a shower
  • Fleetwood1987

Yes, you're right. In the description it said headshots, which I interpreted in a wrong way.

The community mission was a pain for me until I finally unlocked the Ribeyrolls. Wow, finally a SMG that I can use. Playing with the automatico is so painfully limiting me, beh.

Ribeyrolles is my # 1 but I also like the MP18 because it's very similar, I use the Ribeyrolles if I'm slowly advancing/defending and using cover and the MP18 if I'm gonna run and gun.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    On the one had, I really wanted that silver MP-18. On the other hand, the new skins for the MP-18 have a terrible texture bug right now.
  • Ploodovic
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

As predicted we're getting another weapon specific community challenge this time. Are you ready for another week of assault spam everywhere?

Every week is assault spam week. :D
    I just noticed the (hard) tag on the 200 kills.

Wat

Well, only because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it isn't hard for others. I have to admit, getting 200 kills with SMGs is super hard for me. I think I only have 250 SMG kills or something like that. Not because of the spray and pray weapons, but because playing this class is painful to me.

I'm​ not saying it like "Ooooo I'm the GOAT at BF1 worship me" it's just 200 kills is only a handful of games unless you're trash tier.
    Guess I’m trash tier. :neutral:

Gforce81 wrote: »
    Someone inspire me to use SMG's for this mission

I get so incredibly bored using most of them. Does the Trench Carbine count for the SMG kills? I'm sure the Ribeye does.

I'm not about to pickup a SMG 08, HR, or Automatico for gods sake

I actually used the RSC SMG Optical for this. Yes, it’s not the best SMG at... anything, other than running out of bullets, but I had a decent time with it. You can tap fire the health away, at medium range, and it does reasonably well in a close quarters 1v1. You will have to rely on your sidearm a lot, Revolver MkVI, or an Obrez, maybe? As so often happens, when I spend more time with weapons I don’t initially enjoy, I found an appreciation for the RSC SMG, and just like that I now have two service stars with it. :)
    I dread the day when the SLR challenges start. For an entire week, this entire community will be one gigantic, horrific medic train ...

*shudders*

Unless the mission is to revive x and heal y number of teammates, you’ll probably only see rifle grenade spam. ;)
  • von_Campenstein
    5341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    First day back from vacation, figured SMGs would be easy, did not anticipate the grinding halt the game had come to with campers everywhere, bored out of my mind.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    First day back from vacation, figured SMGs would be easy, did not anticipate the grinding halt the game had come to with campers everywhere, bored out of my mind.

That can actually make the challenge easier; you can find a group of enemies camping somewhere, get a flank behind them, and then murder them all as they start panicking after getting flanked.

That, and there is less camping going on in certain game modes, like TDM on smaller maps.
  • stiII_no_name

Ribeyrolles is my # 1 but I also like the MP18 because it's very similar, I use the Ribeyrolles if I'm slowly advancing/defending and using cover and the MP18 if I'm gonna run and gun.

That's the other time that feels actually useable to me, but I have the feeling the Ribeyrolls is better when tap firing, right? Not quite sure, haven't played enough with them.
  • von_Campenstein
    5341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

That can actually make the challenge easier; you can find a group of enemies camping somewhere, get a flank behind them, and then murder them all as they start panicking after getting flanked.

That, and there is less camping going on in certain game modes, like TDM on smaller maps.

Thanks but I'm way too old for TDM and flanking on spanking new maps just isn't happening, I don't know where I am much less where they are.
  • Fleetwood1987

That's the other time that feels actually useable to me, but I have the feeling the Ribeyrolls is better when tap firing, right? Not quite sure, haven't played enough with them.

Ya I would say it's more accurate when bursting, and with the bipod deployed you're shooting laser out of the Ribey