So, will there be no more patches to this game?

13»

Comments

• stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Volga? I can think of a lot of worse balanced OP maps

Cape Helles and the last sector of Tsaritsyn come to mind.

Last one on Brusilov, last one on Sinai
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Last one on Brusilov, last one on Sinai

Ah yes, the last sector on Sinai ... what a nightmare ...

Funnily enough, if I manage to get to the second-to-last sector of Brusilov Keep, my team always wins. The second-to-last sector and the last sector on that map are usually easy to capture in my experience, though that could be down to team balance rather than map design.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I find the second sector way easier to defend/harder to attack.

On cape hells I've had multiple games where the attackers never make it past the first sector. Though I think that's due to the 8 or so scouts who just sit on the boat and do nothing all game, and all the supports and scouts who get on land only to sit behind a rock a mile away.
  • ssjsnoop
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought Operations was whack around here...
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Imagine if these weapon variants made it to the base game.

I can't wait to test these out tonight.
  • Alphazetamu
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ross infantry is going to be insane.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch

Almost done downloading the update myself.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Imagine if these weapon variants made it to the base game.

I can't wait to test these out tonight.

I hope we get a console CTE with these.

I'd like to try them out for myself.
  • Monranian
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

100% agree w/ Cape Helles.
    Although I'd rather say the third sector of Tsaritsyn is more screw'd up than the fourth... The nadespam is just a little bit less worse than Fort Vaux.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    Monranian wrote: »

Although I'd rather say the third sector of Tsaritsyn is more screw'd up than the fourth... The nadespam is just a little bit less worse than Fort Vaux.

Usually, you can capture the Cathedral of Light from outside the cathedral itself, from certain angles. However, on my recent CTE play test, I was unable to do so.

Personally, I think the last sector on Tsaritsyn is the hardest. There is a lot of rubble and cover around each objective, so it's hard to capture just one of them, let alone hold them both for a victory. It almost feels like we are Germans trying to capture Stalingrad, which is funny because Tsaritsyn was renamed to Stalingrad after the Russian Civil War.
  • Monranian
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 14

Usually, you can capture the Cathedral of Light from outside the cathedral itself, from certain angles. However, on my recent CTE play test, I was unable to do so.

Personally, I think the last sector on Tsaritsyn is the hardest. There is a lot of rubble and cover around each objective, so it's hard to capture just one of them, let alone hold them both for a victory. It almost feels like we are Germans trying to capture Stalingrad, which is funny because Tsaritsyn was renamed to Stalingrad after the Russian Civil War.

Well they changed the capture zone of the third sector by making it only including an indoor area of the cathedral now, after the Apoc update... which favors the defenders more. Then came the eastern storm Op campaign. Actually quite impressed that many attack teams I've seen managed to take the flag despite nadespams and bipod-camping...

In the last sector, smokes and flares are your best friends, and 9/10 times will help you win ;)
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch

Well they changed the capture zone of the third sector by making it only including an indoor area of the cathedral now, after the Apoc update... which favors the defenders more. Then came the eastern storm Op campaign. Actually quite impressed that many attack teams I've seen managed to take the flag despite nadespams and bipod-camping...

In the last sector, smokes and flares are your best friends, and 9/10 times will help you win ;)

Ah, so it was changed after Apocalypse ....

Smokes can help, unless you end up running into a nest of Assaults that you couldn't see because of the smoke grenade ... that, and most of the time, only one person uses the damned things anyways. Even then, you have to hold both the objectives to win, and it is very easy to capture one, then attack the other but end up losing the first one to the defenders.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »

first sector on Achi Babi is nightmare that the defenders only lose if they go full turnip and give it away.

Ballroom Blitz defending in the beginning of operations definitely comes to mind!
    At least give 1 plane against the enemy dreadnought, there were people going 100 kills in a round i was in on ballroom blitz defending, in the beginning as we held back the American push