With a "new bf coming"

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I guess we are in the negative nancy group that have been complaining for over 6 months that DICE was done with updating BF1 RSP system. Maybe they will ask a 5th time for ideas on how to improve RSP and then not read them or listen to the community.

Like I said, EA wants DICe to do away with rental servers altogether and what better way than to mess up RSp in BF1. Everyone agrees it is very basic and lackluster. It came from the xbox system just toned down a lot.

Have fun playing Bf2018 because I do not plan to buy it. It is going to be a waste of money.
  • CrashCA
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I still play BF1, occassionally, because I paid for it. That will NOT be the case with the next BF title
  • S5_Jdge320
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Negative nancy = realistic ...then yes.

I dont feel like wondering if basic things will be there are being negative.

Its like, buying a car and wondering if its gonna have blinkers. It better. its a car. Thats how I feel about this server situation. Its incomplete.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    S5_Jdge320 wrote: »
    That's what happened with us.

Our community switched to other games. Pubg, r6s, escape from tarkov and we played sea of thieves beta, had 5 boats full all weekend.

But out of the 155 members in discord, only 4 to 5 still pay bf1. It's sad. Especially when you consider we were a bf exclusive group when we started in bf4. We ran the only naval strike Carrier assault server in NA. and it was full everyday.

We need the communities, like yours, to OPENLY voice their displeasure, in the forums, in your own web pages, to demonstrate a unified dislike of what DICE has done. Without unified commentary, we are all just independent, as someone put it, negative nancys.
  • CrashCA
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Numerous threads here requesting what is needed. A group of us have been doing this since prior to release
  • SemperFi-HonorNL
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That's what happened with us.

Our community switched to other games. Pubg, r6s, escape from tarkov and we played sea of thieves beta, had 5 boats full all weekend.

But out of the 155 members in discord, only 4 to 5 still pay bf1. It's sad. Especially when you consider we were a bf exclusive group when we started in bf4. We ran the only naval strike Carrier assault server in NA. and it was full everyday.

We need the communities, like yours, to OPENLY voice their displeasure, in the forums, in your own web pages, to demonstrate a unified dislike of what DICE has done. Without unified commentary, we are all just independent, as someone put it, negative nancys.

We've been doing that since 2016
  • Axlerod1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    https://wccftech.com/battlefield-2018-10-maps/

launching with 10 maps with lots of promises again. YAWN

I am still going to skip it. It is just a skin job of BF1
  • CrashCA
    edited March 10
    Without server browser and admin-able servers, we are out.
    Love WWII but ...
  • Axlerod1
    crash a bunch of my guys are getting farcry 5, you all should join us,
  • -Antares65z
    888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    crash a bunch of my guys are getting farcry 5, you all should join us,

Never played FarCry. How have the past games been? Don't know much about them other than good graphics. Military shooter?
  • CrashCA
    Played a older one, 2 I think, was interesting This one is 6 v 6 as opposed to free for all ?
  • Axlerod1
    I am not going to lie, I have been having lots of FUN playing Ghost Recon Wildlands PvP mode called ghost wars. It is all about team work. Down side is, it is only 4v4 but farcry 5 will be 6v6.

I never played ubisoft games until right 2 bf1 patches ago. I have yet to play the last 2 bf1 patches. It is great playing with friends and having fun. I just wish there was a fun 64 player game out their. I would buy it in a heart beat. Nothing good coming out for the next few years either. I figure around 2021 or 2022 EA might make a good fun game to play again. They remind me of all the fallout after 2142. Everyone stopped buying their games.

Oh ubisoft actually has a website with forums. Even better, the devs will actually talk to players in the forums. It is wear everyone meets to discuss issues with the game. The are also giving modtools or now called map maker. Should be loads of fun.
  • ShevermiN
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Can you host your own server in Wildlands ?? how about Siege ? admin controls.
  • CrashCA
    I believe, no
  • Axlerod1
    its PvP so its like non stop clan matches. loads of fun. no admin tools, no servers. You don't really need them.
  • Jaskaman
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

RSP did not halp BF1
    No server rentals did not help SWBF1 and 2.

Who is looking through rose colored glasses now?

Mate you've been pessimistic since day 1 as far as I recall xD

No but being optimistic would mean I would be looking through rose colored glasses.

Being realistic however is just having your eyes open and actually think stuff through. Regarding RSP did not help BF1, no of course it didn't, as it still lacks 90% of the stuff we need. Basic tools are still missing. So of course it won't help BF1. But at the same time, having that little bit of admin support does make players return to our servers and does make people say "i come here because at least here cheaters get banned" etc.

Just be logical. Would you play on a administrated server by a clan/community or a non-administrated official server from DICE/EA? I'd take badmins over no admins at all to be honest. Simple reason being, when a cheater enters an official server it's just a waiting game. Either leave the server, or wait till it's over, which is probably days later as FairFight needs to find the person in question first. We all know Origin reporting doesn't work and EA's customer service... Well they're not the brightest bunch of people sometimes. (I mean I once got my RSP server reset while I was complaining about some BF4 issues, how did that even work?)

In regards of RSP, progress has been made. But the progess has been too little. Either we get a fully operational, infested with plugins/tools RSP in the next BF. Or no RSP at all, my bet is on the latter. No RSP at all, BF2018 will be rip by new years eve if so. (despite that I would love to have a WW2 BF again)

Amen my friend...
  • Jaskaman
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 14
    [quote="Jaskaman;c-1142869"
    I have my basic admin command wishlist in the Reddit, so I will not repeat it here :)

The fact you should even have to have a basic admin cmd request is the very problem.. its basic, its implied or, it should be.

[/quote]

You are correct, it's a Basic wishlist that indeed should be :) Extended wishlist is a lot longer. I won't bother to make an extended list before my Basic list is done :) Let's hope for the best at least for the next BF title...
  • Jaskaman
    edited March 14
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    About aggressive join for VIP, after they finally fixed VIP list and our members are joining server, apparently it's kicking for some members but not all.

If your name is on the VIP list and you join when there are already players waiting in que, it will kick somebody off the server so that the VIP name can join? It doesn't just put the VIP next in line for when somebody voluntarily drops off?

Indeed.
  • Jaskaman
    edited March 14
    Looking forward to see better RSP on next BF title :) Rentable BF community servers are needed -they are important for BF. Playing in admin controlled server is having less cheaters and more fun (generally). Our clan is based on Battlefield -and having an own controllable server there.
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • Axlerod1
    from what I am hearing out of DICE employees currently is do not expect RSP. EA does not want it.