New weapon variants being tested in CTE

Inf4mousR4zgriz
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited March 13

Didn't see anyone post this before. Seems like an interesting list.

Comments

• KarmaKinetic
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Silenced...sounds interesting!
  • MogwaiWarrior
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16 Experimental sounds very interesting. I am assuming this would be a 3 shot burst variant?
  • Inf4mousR4zgriz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm more interested in what the "patrol" variants are.
  • Aiden_EL_Turki
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

They are the "en between" marksman and carbine variant
  • Inf4mousR4zgriz

They are the "en between" marksman and carbine variant

So what kind of sights do they have? I don't remember seeing that variant in the base game.
  • bran1986
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No new variants for medic or support sucks.
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ross infantry is the only interesting one.

They should add the Carcano infantry Version.

Silenced guns are garbage.

Still Missing the Springfield M1903 infantry.
  • bran1986
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

They added the 2nd variant for weapons that didn't have one which is fair.

That is true.
  • Ploodovic
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

They added the 2nd variant for weapons that didn't have one which is fair.

And also, we don’t know if they’ll add more weapons.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not sure how I feel about most of them tbh. Don't care about the Sjorgen, Maschinenpistole or M1917 Trench Carbine. Ribeyrolles Optical sounds kinda neat but I'm personally not into Opticals and I also don't view them as any good on SMGs either when (IMO) the optics are most effective at around the range the SMGs start to be lacklustre and not worth the engagement. Not sure what else could've been a variant mind you, but it certainly doesn't interest me at all.

Arisaka with a Marksman scope (I assume what that's going to be basically) might be decent but not my kind of thing. Dunno what to think of the Carcano thing without any other information. The Ross Infantry is the one that most gets my interest since I did actually rather enjoy the Ross as it was but being a Marksman variant, I wasn't interested in holding onto using it once I got my 100 Kills with it. The Infantry definitely makes it more open to using again, which is nice.
    And finally, I'm really questioning the "Silenced" M1917. It would've been better to just give it a Marksman variant instead, or a Sniper (we haven't had a Sniper variant since the Lebel, not that I want to promote more snipers camping in the spawn) to go with the same sweetspot as the M1903. The iron sights on it have already been regarded by a few folks as pretty bad, so I think a Marksman/Sniper variant instead would be much more pleasing to those folks than a suppressed variant.

The more annoying thing with these is it's more guns I need to get 1 Star with again, and some of them I don't look forward to using again. :v
  • DingoKillr
    2720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The Patrol Scope looks like a the sniper scope on the SLR, and I heard it has the same zoom
  • Sixclicks
    3688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All sound pretty interesting to me.

And even though suppressors don't play any role in this game, I'll probably still use it because I've always liked the sound of suppressed weapons.
  • dmccar1001
    490 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The more annoying thing with these is it's more guns I need to get 1 Star with again, and some of them I don't look forward to using again. :v

I feel your pain ... just got my last service star on the Kolibri yesterday and thought I had finally finished getting a service star on all the guns ...
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    More unlock assignments =/
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Looking forward to the 300 kills with X and 25 X type challenges for these!!! Here's a revolutionary idea, how about they become free with no unlock criteria??? I know its a wacky idea!!!
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Omg, the Arisaka with something different than iron sights. I'm already in LOVE.

When will the CTE open? And do we know anything about console CTE?
  • CS-2107
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Omg, the Arisaka with something different than iron sights. I'm already in LOVE.

When will the CTE open? And do we know anything about console CTE?

There is no console CTE atm. Only PC for this session. Probably because they didn't got all the things with microsoft and sony ready this fast.
  • DingoKillr
    2720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CTE is open now. No word on Console.

Sjögren Inertial Slug is a interesting with fast fire shotgun now.
    M1917 Patrol Carbine and Ribeyrolles 1918 Optical look interesting for longer ranges
    Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16 Experimental control is easier and with tap firing it is looking good.
    M1917 Enfield Silenced no bipod but sniper scope it looks good for nice flanking
    Type 38 Arisaka Patrol and Carcano Patrol Carbine beside scope make range and clear to see the target a bit better for PC(no aim assist)
    Ross MkIII Infantry don't get it the M95 seem better smoother and faster maybe the aim assist will have better luck with it.
  • Gforce81
    3177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wonder how they are gonna balance a Slug Sjorgen? Its an amazing lovechild of the 10-A and the 1900. Maybe it'll be less damage overall per shot? IDK

So patrol is just them plopping a set of sights on the weapon? What type of sights, like marksman? I'm not sure I like that so much