Can we do away with weather please?

13»

Comments

• Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skilled players adapt to any situation and always have fun. Tryhard scrubs cry when they are pushed out of their comfort zone.

I'm not sure I agree with this, but more specifically because of the bold reason. While I agree that a great skilled player will adapt to any situation, I don't think they always have fun doing that.

The closest thing I can think of to really give an example is World of Tanks. Pretty often I play with a friend who's exceptionally good at the game, there's a bunch of streamers of the game who are great at it (and I mean, great. Not someone who's just able to do well under the right circumstances like myself, but people who can genuinely handle basically any situation presented to them) and my brother is also insanely good at it on Console.
    However, it would be wrong to say these players "always have fun". When you're forced into a situation because of the team being terrible, even these kinds of players get pissed off. WoT Namely has a problem with artillery (closest comparison in BF Would be an artillery truck or landship spamming mortars from within it's deployment, but even that's not that close) where because of a mod that allows you to view certain stats, there's an annoying problem of "arty focus" where players in arty will deliberately focus fire skilled players because of the mod (or some people are just popular enough to be recognisable).
    No one IMO Can have fun at all when they have to spend the whole match with someone doing that to them. The first guy I mentioned is one of the chillest people I know but I've been playing with him once where the amount of focus he had to suffer finally broke him and he ranted at the guy doing it (obviously followed up by him apologising for it profusely for the next two hours).

It's less about the skill of the player and the person IMO. To me, and I know I'll get flak for it, the only person who can "always have fun" is someone who's probably too stupid to really acknowledge anything else. Someone who can basically keep throwing their head into the wall even at the point that their face is entirely unrecognisable, even after being told to stop. I simply don't believe anyone sane can "always have fun", especially in an online multiplayer game with so much stuff that could ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you off.
  • trip1ex
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    It does ridiculously happen too often. I played four matches the other day and every single match was with fog. This was on a regular Dice server. I would like to see any weather conditions a rare occurrence just like our rare battlepacks.

exactly. it's the dumbest thing ever. 15 years of graphics advancements since '42 and half the time I'm staring at pure grey in 2018. Hooray for progress.

• SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    The problem about fog on a map is that you get heat shot'd by someone that was 100 yards in the distance by a single shot from a lmg or pistol. You are encomposed 360 degrees by fog. There are not gaps to see through. Also, there is no randomization about it either. IE needing multiple shots, still looking down sights etc. Neither of which is part of the game's mechanics. When I say part of the game mechanics I'm talking about
    --
    -blinding fog that you nor your competitor is suppose to see beyond 5 feet or so
    -being able to get a bead on your head while you traversing the terrain.
    -getting a one shot kill from 100 yards with the aforementioned weapons.
    --
    I think if those game play mechanics are "enforced" for everyone Fog or anything weather effect wouldn't be an issue for anyone.
    Just saying...
    Post edited by SneakyGunman on
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the weather, but the fog is the worst due to how often it happens. I've seen servers where each map has dense fog, round after round. It either kicks in right away and doesn't clear up till the map is ending, or it starts after 10 minutes and lasts the rest of the round.

The fog is just too common, if it were more rare, it'd be fine.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a scenario for you guys:

SWBF2 vs BF1

No weather effects vs Lots of crap

Which of the two games do you think looks better?

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a scenario for you guys:

SWBF2 vs BF1

No weather effects vs Lots of crap

Which of the two games do you think looks better?

Battlefield 1 with weather effects ... XD