Bought a Xbox One X and XIM APEX. Returned them both for a refund.

Comments

• trip1ex
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    ackers75 wrote: »
    How many people use a controller on pc multiplayer?
    I think that about sums it up!

at least the same number that use xim lol.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Toshevbg wrote: »
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    So you leave P.C. because of cheaters and then you buy some device that gives you great advantage over players and that is used maybe by 0,1 of the game population?

P.S XIm is cheating for me nobody can honestly say it isn’t. Save me the crap your not as accurate...

I can honestly say it isn't cheating. Therefore you are wrong. And so have the moderators on these forums and a dev. Let me know why I should listen to your opinion over a moderator and a dev? I bet that that you never even tried one but all your deaths are caused by them.

I am probably top 100/200 player on xbox eu servers so i dont really have a problem with dying to xim users. My kpm is 2.7 with farquh optical 90 stars with spm 3000

In my opinion its cheating . It can turn bad playrr into a good one if he has brains
    On overwatch the mods and blizzard are against it and they admit it gives amazing asvantage over controller

Right. So your credentials in calling it cheating are that you are good at BF1. Not a representative of DICE and not a representative of EA, but yet, because you are good at BF1, then your opinion should override theirs.

You say that you don't have a problem dying to them, but here you are bleating and whining.

Finally, we are not playing Overwatch, we are playing BF1. And EA and DICE game.

Argument deconstructed again, Thanks for trying.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xbox One X is a beast CONSOLE. So it must be you. Also talking about cheating on PC, yet you buy a XIM for Xbox... who are you fooling?
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    Xbox One X is a beast CONSOLE. So it must be you. Also talking about cheating on PC, yet you buy a XIM for Xbox... who are you fooling?
    Amen

Huw are you using Xim?
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Thought I might like gaming on Xbox in order to get away from PC cheaters, but after two days playing BF1 on Xbox I went back to PC.

There was micro rubberbanding on all of the Xbox BF1 servers in all regions. It was minor but I noticed it while running around and found it distracting. I joined an empty server and there was no micro rubberbanding.

30hz tickrate servers feel less fluid than 60hz servers. Gameplay feels faster and more fluid on 60hz servers. 30hz definitely feels more laggy.

Input lag is higher on Xbox due to v-sync. I had trouble sniping with a mouse if the polling rate was 125hz, due to high input lag.

1000hz mouse polling rate on XIM definitely reduces input lag, but causes mouse jitter for some reason. Which makes the game feel like it's dropping frames and stuttering when moving the mouse around, but really it's XIM dropping mouse inputs.

XIM has a 'smoothing' option to reduce jitter, but I don't understand why the jitter is there in the first place. High mouse DPI causes jitter, not high polling rate. At 1000hz/3000dpi I shouldn't be experiencing jitter.

I believe the jitter is caused because the Xbox controller polls at 125hz while the mouse is polling at 1000hz. I think the two devices become out-of-sync due to this difference in polling rate. If the mouse is set to 125hz, same as the Xbox controller, there's no jitter.

Xbox One X couldn't maintain a locked 60fps in BF1. There wasn't any major FPS drops, but small stutters regularly happen due to small frame drops just below 60fps. I found XIM's mouse jitter caused more stuttering than the Xbox did dropping frames.

I had to decide between fast snappy gameplay with cheaters on PC, or slower more laggy gameplay with no cheaters on Xbox. I can honestly say I enjoy playing BF1 on PC more. I even missed the toxic chatbox PC has. It entertains me.

Maybe next gen consoles will support variable refresh rate and have low input lag. With CPUs that allow for 60hz servers. I'll give console gaming another try when the next gen consoles come out.

What country are you in?
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is Xim sold in xbox store? Do you get it with your console? Does 99 percent of the game population have it? I am pretty sure 95 percent does not even know such thing exist?
    Xbox one s cost 300 dollars
    Xim and a decent mouse cost 200$

You aim better, you turn around better, you snipr much bettrt (aim assist is off on snipong) you can jump and shoot like crazy( other games), you strafe better,

Sure man its the same like controller
    I agree with you something that cost 200 dollars and improves every aspext of your game is nothing to worry about

There are a bunch of things you buy extra with consoles or gaming in general.

Headphones, grips, joystick extenders, paddles that attach to controllers, along with aftermarket/premium controllers such as the elite controller and scuff. Is it cheating when a person uses a racing wheel against joystick players in a racing game?

It's all up for debate but ultimately Sony accepts these third party software such as XIM as it operates within their controllers software perimeters.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thought I might like gaming on Xbox in order to get away from PC cheaters, but after two days playing BF1 on Xbox I went back to PC.

There was micro rubberbanding on all of the Xbox BF1 servers in all regions. It was minor but I noticed it while running around and found it distracting. I joined an empty server and there was no micro rubberbanding.

30hz tickrate servers feel less fluid than 60hz servers. Gameplay feels faster and more fluid on 60hz servers. 30hz definitely feels more laggy.

Input lag is higher on Xbox due to v-sync. I had trouble sniping with a mouse if the polling rate was 125hz, due to high input lag.

1000hz mouse polling rate on XIM definitely reduces input lag, but causes mouse jitter for some reason. Which makes the game feel like it's dropping frames and stuttering when moving the mouse around, but really it's XIM dropping mouse inputs.

XIM has a 'smoothing' option to reduce jitter, but I don't understand why the jitter is there in the first place. High mouse DPI causes jitter, not high polling rate. At 1000hz/3000dpi I shouldn't be experiencing jitter.

I believe the jitter is caused because the Xbox controller polls at 125hz while the mouse is polling at 1000hz. I think the two devices become out-of-sync due to this difference in polling rate. If the mouse is set to 125hz, same as the Xbox controller, there's no jitter.

Xbox One X couldn't maintain a locked 60fps in BF1. There wasn't any major FPS drops, but small stutters regularly happen due to small frame drops just below 60fps. I found XIM's mouse jitter caused more stuttering than the Xbox did dropping frames.

I had to decide between fast snappy gameplay with cheaters on PC, or slower more laggy gameplay with no cheaters on Xbox. I can honestly say I enjoy playing BF1 on PC more. I even missed the toxic chatbox PC has. It entertains me.

Maybe next gen consoles will support variable refresh rate and have low input lag. With CPUs that allow for 60hz servers. I'll give console gaming another try when the next gen consoles come out.

What country are you in?

I'm an American living in America.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018

What country are you in?

I'm an American living in America.

tenor.gif?itemid=3553193
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    Amen

Huw are you using Xim?

Proud XIM user.
  • research-kitchen
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have always played fps games on PC, starting with Delta Force, Quake, bf1942 up to present. A friend of mine had modern warfare on xbox " I'm guessing this was 10 /12 years ago" so I said sure i'll buy it for my xbox and give it a try. That was a mistake I had prolly a 1 kdr don't remember not very good. So I played it for a month on xbox with him thinking i'll get use to using a controller, I didn't improve at all. I couldn't really kill anyone at long distance, up close I did ok but prolly had around the same KDR. So after a month I decided to buy it for pc to see what was up, and yes it was an immediate turn around. Went from a 1 kdr on xbox to 4 kdr on pc. So no I will never play an FPS on console again, for those that have never played FPS on PC your missing out, except for the cheating. Whoever says their is no cheating in BF1 that's just stupid, either they are cheating or they don't know what to look for. I'm sure if I had ESP hack I could get a 10 plus KDR also!
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have always played fps games on PC, starting with Delta Force, Quake, bf1942 up to present. A friend of mine had modern warfare on xbox " I'm guessing this was 10 /12 years ago" so I said sure i'll buy it for my xbox and give it a try. That was a mistake I had prolly a 1 kdr don't remember not very good. So I played it for a month on xbox with him thinking i'll get use to using a controller, I didn't improve at all. I couldn't really kill anyone at long distance, up close I did ok but prolly had around the same KDR. So after a month I decided to buy it for pc to see what was up, and yes it was an immediate turn around. Went from a 1 kdr on xbox to 4 kdr on pc. So no I will never play an FPS on console again, for those that have never played FPS on PC your missing out, except for the cheating. Whoever says their is no cheating in BF1 that's just stupid, either they are cheating or they don't know what to look for. I'm sure if I had ESP hack I could get a 10 plus KDR also!

If you gave the console more time your K/D would have improved. The transition is hard to do and take time.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'm confused, your KD is 1.67, not 4. So the performance spread between console and PC is not actually that significant.
    BTW, a KD of 4 (infantry) would mean you are in the top 0.1 percent of talent, a beast if you will. And considering you almost exclusively run the Automatico Trench and Hellriegel, this is not the case in the least. You are also way off base with your ESP speculation, subtle cheaters do not go 10 KD, only rage cheaters do.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I came from pc to Xbox and it was hard at first but you soon adjust.
    I don’t mind the kb/m issue as long as there are different servers for kb/m and controller users.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The salt m&k users create, brilliant :lol:

Not sure why people even care what others use, does it really matter at all?
    Its not like you know, or does every death mean it's an M&K user, sounds like paranoia to me.

I use controller by the way.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M&K on console seems to be like cheaters on PC. If you die and are not 100% sure the other guy is 'clean', it must be an M&K user (as on PC other guy must be a cheater). In reality they are not that many but some players are super perceptive and see them everywhere. Even at place 15 on the scoreboard with no score and 5 kills, 10 deaths.
  • pandaslayer117
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has the xbox one x received a patch similar to the ps4 pro? It was my understanding it hasn’t so even if you have the onex you are still playing on the subpar og xbox graphics/performance.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    faponit wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    This is me running to build a gaming pc after reading this.
    tenor.gif

More like this is you being excited that you have to sell your kidney to get a graphic card :open_mouth:

Some people aren’t broke.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this thread is going nowhere. theyre prob gonna close it like the last one.
  • research-kitchen
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm confused, your KD is 1.67, not 4. So the performance spread between console and PC is not actually that significant.
    BTW, a KD of 4 (infantry) would mean you are in the top 0.1 percent of talent, a beast if you will. And considering you almost exclusively run the Automatico Trench and Hellriegel, this is not the case in the least. You are also way off base with your ESP speculation, subtle cheaters do not go 10 KD, only rage cheaters do.

The 4 KDR I was talking about was modern warefare and it was prolly more like a 3 KDR I cant remember that was around 10 years ago. And the 10 kd is prolly a little exaggeration but with esp i'm sure I could be close to 10 KD, but will never find out cause I dont and wont cheat.
  • RetroGMR083
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Xbox One X is more than capable of running BF1 at 60FPS. The problem is that EA/DICE have neglected it and it's not enhanced AT ALL. Your problems aren't with Xbox One X or really even Xim Apex, it's the horrible servers from EA! Play other games other than BF1 and you'll see this. If you bought Xim Apex and an Xbox One X just for BF1 then that's just silly and oyu should do research and be more wise about how you spend your money.
This discussion has been closed.