Favorite Engineer Rocket Launcher?

TuxedoBanana279
345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What is your favorite rocket launcher and why? Personally, I tend to use the Sraw because of it's wire guidance, but I just wanted to get the opinions of other players to see what they like.

Comments

• xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally prefer the RPG I dunno why, used it since the start of the game have around 4k kills with it up till now.

Didn't they nerf the SRAW a while into the game?
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    SMAW. Don't know why either. MBT LAW seems very effective though.
  • Rumblestrut
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    SMAW. I like it because of the speed and how it drops off farther. It can also deal more damage than the average RPG damage sometimes. SMAW/RPG/SRAW is usually the choice of a "pro engineer" who knows how to use the class efficiently. Other wise, it's the MBT Law because players can't aim.
  • tempo_rarity
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the simplicity of RPG's when there's no time , and their available complexity-of-use if I do have time .

There's one launcher in particular that I feel has a humongous side profile when on a Soldiers shoulders - I'm not sure which one it is but I definitely wouldn't want to use that one for that unwise 'Here I Am' aspect :tongue:
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SMAW/RPG/SRAW is usually the choice of a "pro engineer" who knows how to use the class efficiently. Other wise, it's the MBT Law because players can't aim.

Exactly this...
    RPG is great once you know the travel speed and drop.. hits the hardest...

MBT if you have no skill
  • Turban_Legend80
    4549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    RPG. Deals more damage than the SMAW, and once you get used to the drop it’s just as good.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it possible to hit a tank at the back with the MBT and do the 50 damage and mobility hit or is this just for the RPG/SMAW/SRAW?

I really need to have a go with the SMAW/SRAW see how I get on with them.
  • lSDIl
    SMAW is more like 30 damage to rear. RPG is 50 I think, but SMAW makes a better anti-sniper tool.
  • lSDIl
    MBT if you have no skill
    True, it's the Engineer version of the staff shell.

• Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the experience of 356 engineer service stars I'm gonna go with the RPG. It does higher damage and reloads faster than SMAW. On average RPG needs one less hit to destroy a tank which is a huge advantage.

Against aircraft SMAW is a bit easier to use because of the flat trajectory and higher velocity, but after you master the RPG's drop it is just as devastating as the SMAW.

I used to adore the pre-nerf SRAW, but now I really can't see any reason to use it myself. (That poor thing doesn't even one-hit scout and attack choppers anymore...)

MBT-LAW is a scrub tier beginner weapon, do not use it.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it possible to hit a tank at the back with the MBT and do the 50 damage and mobility hit or is this just for the RPG/SMAW/SRAW?

RPG and SRAW are capable of two shotting I believe. MBT-LAW is 21dmg every time regardless of where you hit.

SBLIFX wrote: »
    SMAW is more like 30 damage to rear. RPG is 50 I think, but SMAW makes a better anti-sniper tool.

SMAW to the rear is something around 45-48 or so. RPG is around 50-55. Can't remember the exact values which isn't all that important because the main point is that RPG can two-shot and SMAW can't.
  • tempo_rarity
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    :lol: The RPG Rear Hit a.k.a. The Attitude Adjuster a.k.a. The Changer Of Minds :lol:
    . . whatever they had in mind , is gone . .
    :lol:
  • DisgruntledVet
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    With the experience of 356 engineer service stars I'm gonna go with the RPG. It does higher damage and reloads faster than SMAW. On average RPG needs one less hit to destroy a tank which is a huge advantage.

Against aircraft SMAW is a bit easier to use because of the flat trajectory and higher velocity, but after you master the RPG's drop it is just as devastating as the SMAW.

I used to adore the pre-nerf SRAW, but now I really can't see any reason to use it myself. (That poor thing doesn't even one-hit scout and attack choppers anymore...)

MBT-LAW is a scrub tier beginner weapon, do not use it.

I concur... RPG