option to lock driver seat in tank.

Comments

• UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Nvm the pleb he has no clue and is just agitating. I absolutely agree and have been saying this since the wake island demo. Repairing a tank on the outside is often better because inside the tank it will get interrupted from anything and what we are saying isnt that it is more or less dangerous, that i accept when i leave my tank, what we are however saying is that we have specifically played as a tanker, meaning **** weapons and specific to that vehicle. When we leave the tank to repair or in some cases protect it, some little pleb will get in and take the driver seat and in most cases drive it into an area and explode immediately. It seems a little idiotic that we cannot at the very least lock the tank seat for 10 seconds. That is understandable and balanced as it means we cannot hide outside indefinitely but having nothing means that someone can just drive off in the thing we have specifically specialized in.
    I perfectly understand your problem, and what you’re suggesting as a solution. What I’m sayin is, don’t leave your tank. I didn’t flesh out why, but the reason isn’t someone on your team. No, when you leave your tank you make it possible for the enemy team to steal it.

I frequently steal enemy tanks; if the tanker is outside repairing, and they haven’t noticed me, I kill them and take their kit. If there’s no time for that, I just hop in and drive away. If I’m a support player with a wrench, I can repair it from he driver’s seat, anyway. The classic trolling is when you bang on their tank with the wrench, which inevitably leads to them leaving the tank. That’s when you jump in, and drive away.

On maps where the teams have one tank each, do you know what it does to the balance if one team have two tanks, and the other none? That’s why you should never leave or abandon your tank. You spawn in the tank, you die in the tank.

It’s funny you mention the Wake Island demo, because back in BF1942 you couldn’t drive the enemy faction vehicles, if I remember correctly. Of course, we didn’t have vehicle specific classes either, so no one “owned” their vehicle. Instead we had teammates shooting you in the back, because you were ahead of them to the tank/plane. And in and BF2 we had the helicopter pilots that wanted their vehicle for themself, to do the seat switching missile thing, so they hovered near the edge of the out of bounds, so that the gunner was outside, but the pilot was still inside. Ah, team kills.

Are you dense or just acting that way? At what point did i say people on the enemy team shouldn't be able to steal your tank? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TEAM PLAYERS. Someone spawning on a tank when the driver is out repairing and then just driving off. Also another fool in this chat channel thinks the driver is at fault for getting out, it is almost as if you people are talking for the sake of talking but have never actually played tank or more likely hate tankers. A tank driver has the wrench for a reason. They intended a driver to brave going outside the vehicle to get in a repair should you be UNABLE to inside because of incoming k bullets or whatever it is that is preventing the repair. Not getting out and trying to get in a repair when you are taking fire is just bad play. And not to mention idiotic. In some cases your tank doesn't have smokes to hide itself and players don't all work in unison to help a team, they are aimless. If team killing was active you would see MILLIONS of people being killed because people simply don't give a crap.
    Saying something as idiotic as 'Well a tanker shouldn't get out of his tank and repair because other people on the team should be willing to help is IDIOTIC. A tanker should be able to depend on himself. And if improvements and suggestions from people who do play all aspects of the game are not listened to you get a situation where vehicles have become redundant to infantry based combat. Turning the one game that has vehicle play into another casual cod like shooter. So at the very least suggest something logical don't just respond with something barely even reasonable.

As with regards to your BF1942 waffle you obviously never played it. Yes you could steal tanks and planes and in clan matches it was something we pros would always be keen to exploit, plenty of times i would bail from a plane in a persons dead zone and steal a plane, the moment i got in that plane even on their runway i would be out of the dead zone. This issue was so bad in many cases that you could spawn camp people so long as there was a plane you could get in and out of.
    I don't really enjoy spending my time explaining things to downers but you have clearly been wanting to say your piece without actually reading what was said. I am not complaining about ANYTHING an enemy team does in order to acquire an enemy tank or kill its driver. My complaint is with team members switching seats or spawning in the driver spot while you are out repairing and then dying with the bloody tank because they wanted to get from A to B without effort. I spawned as a tanker, they spawned as another class, how can they just drive a tank all of a sudden. The priority should always be with the driver who has gimped themselves kit wise in order to take on a role. And like i said i am not even saying that the seat should always remain locked. I would be happy for a 10 second window. That would add skill to exiting and entering. I just don't want Joe Soap driving off in a tank that i have used correctly to help my team. It is a selfish act and there is no way to even communicate with the person close to you because if they are not in your squad they can't hear you.

Glad someone gets it haha

I was on an operation of Ballroom trying to get our team to break through and win when I got into a tangle with a light tank howitzer. I destroyed him and was at about 25ish health and taking damage from K bullets from campers up on the ramparts when I limped over the hill and got out to repair. Then someone spawned in as I was getting out and waited until I was done repairing to then drive off into a sea of assaults and got destroyed within a matter of seconds. Where as my idea had been to repair the broken track and drive to the other side after the repair.

My issue isn't with enemies stealing tanks or even having allies drive the tank, but once I get in I want to regain control of the vehicle my class is specifically designed for. I am guessing you are right that people are either haters of tanks or the people that use them to pad their KD. I use them to gain an advantage on an objective and help my team.
  • StarscreamUK
    7523 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I wasn't aware an 18's game had language violation rules on its forums and they also get muted and blocked so i fail to see the violation.
    There is an entire thread of rules, read it. I can see what peoiple say, so can others. If someone murders someone and nobody sees it, it's still a murder.
    Further more calling someone stupid or idiotic is not offensive if it is the truth and there are no other ways of describing their contribution. If someone says something stupid you should be able to demonstrate that verbally. Otherwise you get a community that is repeating the same mistakes.
    You werent warned for that, you were warned for swearing.
    Again, show me where i used a swear word that didn't get filtered into ****?
    We don't need to, just because some people cannot read what you see doesnt mean you didnt post it. You did, and will be actioned if you do so again.
    I'm from Ireland a country that has a lot of words to describe things. I would have to ask you to list me the words that this server deems a swear word in order to fully understand what words are not permissible. (I.e. Americans tend to consider a lot of average if not modest words of ours swear words, how am i to know what they are if you don't even have a list for me to see?) And i am not intending to sound cheeky i legitimately cannot find a swear word that you warned me for?!
    Scroll up, it was easy to find, "**** weapons" with the missing word rhyming with sit. If in doubt, don't use a word, if you really want to try and claim that that word isnt swearing then your vocabulary needs work.
    Last i checked Idiot and Stupid were in the dictionary and described as 'having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense'. And idiot means 'a stupid person'. So bit of a paradox there but both harmless words used to express our language.
    He said no swearing, he didnt say that idiot or stupid are swearing. But just because a word is in the dictionary doesnt mean its free to use everywhere.

I suggest you read the rules located here, as your entire post breaches another rule, discussion of moderation
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    I wasn't aware an 18's game had language violation rules on its forums and they also get muted and blocked so i fail to see the violation.
    There is an entire thread of rules, read it. I can see what peoiple say, so can others. If someone murders someone and nobody sees it, it's still a murder.
    Further more calling someone stupid or idiotic is not offensive if it is the truth and there are no other ways of describing their contribution. If someone says something stupid you should be able to demonstrate that verbally. Otherwise you get a community that is repeating the same mistakes.
    You werent warned for that, you were warned for swearing.
    Again, show me where i used a swear word that didn't get filtered into ****?
    We don't need to, just because some people cannot read what you see doesnt mean you didnt post it. You did, and will be actioned if you do so again.
    I'm from Ireland a country that has a lot of words to describe things. I would have to ask you to list me the words that this server deems a swear word in order to fully understand what words are not permissible. (I.e. Americans tend to consider a lot of average if not modest words of ours swear words, how am i to know what they are if you don't even have a list for me to see?) And i am not intending to sound cheeky i legitimately cannot find a swear word that you warned me for?!
    Scroll up, it was easy to find, "**** weapons" with the missing word rhyming with sit. If in doubt, don't use a word, if you really want to try and claim that that word isnt swearing then your vocabulary needs work.
    Last i checked Idiot and Stupid were in the dictionary and described as 'having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense'. And idiot means 'a stupid person'. So bit of a paradox there but both harmless words used to express our language.
    He said no swearing, he didnt say that idiot or stupid are swearing. But just because a word is in the dictionary doesnt mean its free to use everywhere.

I suggest you read the rules located here, as your entire post breaches another rule, discussion of moderation

You're a ****
    So clearly you can see what the word underneath is cant you, tell me what it was. It has 4 letters. Minority Report was a great film maybe you should watch it?

And likening MURDER to SWEARING is just total rofl. Again it's an 18's game and the site is set in a country who's language may not match mine. How am i to determine what is acceptable and unacceptable if i don't know what the culture of the host country the site is based on deems a 'swear' word. In Ireland for example the word (dam with an N) is just a sort of word used to explain dissatisfaction or failure. In America it is a word that is bleeped on television because they consider it blasphemous. How am i to know what words are offensive if they have not explained what words from OTHER cultures might be offensive in THEIRS?

But if ultimately i do get a ban because in an 18's game i used language that marginally offends someone from a totally different culture who deem my countries language to be improper then we will have exposed a site unworthy of my time. But as i said and perhaps you didn't understand, if a person is bleeped on television for using bad language there is no crime being committed because you never heard it. You are being offended by what you assume you heard. Perhaps we should be arresting you for your imagination and comparing that imagination with something like genocide to try and pull together a relevant bases for a crime.

P.s. the answer was derp
  • EA_Lanna
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, EA Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    We will only moderate comments or posts that are not in line with the rules you agree to abide by when you use this platform. If you break the rules you may end up being banned so a good rule of thumb is not to break them.

Please don't use being Irish as a get out of jail free card for swearing or cursing. I'm Irish and am perfectly capable of not using curse or swear words from any region in my posts. Also, just to clarify, this forum isn't 18+, it's a family friendly forum and we do not condone profanity on the forum. It has nothing to do with age or region. The rules don't say don't curse or swear because children might see it, it says don't curse or swear, period.

Do not break more rules by discussing moderation or the application of them in a thread or wallpost. If you have any issues with the forum rules in future, message an EA moderator. This is outlined in the forum rules. StarscreamUK has linked them in his post above. Please read them and you'll probably save yourself a lot of moderation.

Slán leat.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    We will only moderate comments or posts that are not in line with the rules you agree to abide by when you use this platform. If you break the rules you may end up being banned so a good rule of thumb is not to break them.

Please don't use being Irish as a get out of jail free card for swearing or cursing. I'm Irish and am perfectly capable of not using curse or swear words from any region in my posts. Also, just to clarify, this forum isn't 18+, it's a family friendly forum and we do not condone profanity on the forum. It has nothing to do with age or region. The rules don't say don't curse or swear because children might see it, it says don't curse or swear, period.

Do not break more rules by discussing moderation or the application of them in a thread or wallpost. If you have any issues with the forum rules in future, message an EA moderator. This is outlined in the forum rules. StarscreamUK has linked them in his post above. Please read them and you'll probably save yourself a lot of moderation.

Slán leat..

First time in months i see an ea guy here. Great youre looking at the important issues. Not.
  • StarscreamUK
    7523 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    They post quite regular. But they are community teams, they are not devs.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nvm the pleb he has no clue and is just agitating. I absolutely agree and have been saying this since the wake island demo. Repairing a tank on the outside is often better because inside the tank it will get interrupted from anything and what we are saying isnt that it is more or less dangerous, that i accept when i leave my tank, what we are however saying is that we have specifically played as a tanker, meaning **** weapons and specific to that vehicle. When we leave the tank to repair or in some cases protect it, some little pleb will get in and take the driver seat and in most cases drive it into an area and explode immediately. It seems a little idiotic that we cannot at the very least lock the tank seat for 10 seconds. That is understandable and balanced as it means we cannot hide outside indefinitely but having nothing means that someone can just drive off in the thing we have specifically specialized in.
    I perfectly understand your problem, and what you’re suggesting as a solution. What I’m sayin is, don’t leave your tank. I didn’t flesh out why, but the reason isn’t someone on your team. No, when you leave your tank you make it possible for the enemy team to steal it.

I frequently steal enemy tanks; if the tanker is outside repairing, and they haven’t noticed me, I kill them and take their kit. If there’s no time for that, I just hop in and drive away. If I’m a support player with a wrench, I can repair it from he driver’s seat, anyway. The classic trolling is when you bang on their tank with the wrench, which inevitably leads to them leaving the tank. That’s when you jump in, and drive away.

On maps where the teams have one tank each, do you know what it does to the balance if one team have two tanks, and the other none? That’s why you should never leave or abandon your tank. You spawn in the tank, you die in the tank.

It’s funny you mention the Wake Island demo, because back in BF1942 you couldn’t drive the enemy faction vehicles, if I remember correctly. Of course, we didn’t have vehicle specific classes either, so no one “owned” their vehicle. Instead we had teammates shooting you in the back, because you were ahead of them to the tank/plane. And in and BF2 we had the helicopter pilots that wanted their vehicle for themself, to do the seat switching missile thing, so they hovered near the edge of the out of bounds, so that the gunner was outside, but the pilot was still inside. Ah, team kills.

Are you dense or just acting that way? At what point did i say people on the enemy team shouldn't be able to steal your tank? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TEAM PLAYERS. Someone spawning on a tank when the driver is out repairing and then just driving off. Also another fool in this chat channel thinks the driver is at fault for getting out, it is almost as if you people are talking for the sake of talking but have never actually played tank or more likely hate tankers. A tank driver has the wrench for a reason. They intended a driver to brave going outside the vehicle to get in a repair should you be UNABLE to inside because of incoming k bullets or whatever it is that is preventing the repair. Not getting out and trying to get in a repair when you are taking fire is just bad play. And not to mention idiotic. In some cases your tank doesn't have smokes to hide itself and players don't all work in unison to help a team, they are aimless. If team killing was active you would see MILLIONS of people being killed because people simply don't give a crap.
    Saying something as idiotic as 'Well a tanker shouldn't get out of his tank and repair because other people on the team should be willing to help is IDIOTIC. A tanker should be able to depend on himself. And if improvements and suggestions from people who do play all aspects of the game are not listened to you get a situation where vehicles have become redundant to infantry based combat. Turning the one game that has vehicle play into another casual cod like shooter. So at the very least suggest something logical don't just respond with something barely even reasonable.

As with regards to your BF1942 waffle you obviously never played it. Yes you could steal tanks and planes and in clan matches it was something we pros would always be keen to exploit, plenty of times i would bail from a plane in a persons dead zone and steal a plane, the moment i got in that plane even on their runway i would be out of the dead zone. This issue was so bad in many cases that you could spawn camp people so long as there was a plane you could get in and out of.
    I don't really enjoy spending my time explaining things to downers but you have clearly been wanting to say your piece without actually reading what was said. I am not complaining about ANYTHING an enemy team does in order to acquire an enemy tank or kill its driver. My complaint is with team members switching seats or spawning in the driver spot while you are out repairing and then dying with the bloody tank because they wanted to get from A to B without effort. I spawned as a tanker, they spawned as another class, how can they just drive a tank all of a sudden. The priority should always be with the driver who has gimped themselves kit wise in order to take on a role. And like i said i am not even saying that the seat should always remain locked. I would be happy for a 10 second window. That would add skill to exiting and entering. I just don't want Joe Soap driving off in a tank that i have used correctly to help my team. It is a selfish act and there is no way to even communicate with the person close to you because if they are not in your squad they can't hear you.

You could’ve saved so much time, by not typing all of that, because, as I wrote in my first sentence of my reply, I understood you the first time. I also understood that the OP meant teammates, even though they didn’t specify this, but only said “get my vehicle stolen from me“, which is ambiguous. Your suggestion about locking the driver’s seat for 10 seconds is reasonable. If you get the attention of some developer, maybe they will add it to the game?

You didn’t say enemies shouldn’t able to steal tanks, and I never claimed that you said that, either. The reason I brought up enemies stealing tanks, is because I think it has bigger consequences. Sure, it’s annoying if someone on your team, that can’t repair the tank, gets it destroyed. But a destroyed tank is better, than a tank that’s been taken by the other team, in my opinion. And it’s something you risk, when you leave your tank.

So I didn’t remember correctly, which I warned about in my reply, about the vehicles in BF1942. Was it only the aircraft carriers you couldn’t steal from the enemy team, then? The battleships? Or is that also wrong? It’s been 15 years, and my memory isn’t exactly that.
  • EA_Lanna
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, EA Community Manager

Slán leat..

First time in months i see an ea guy here. Great youre looking at the important issues. Not.

I've clearly outlined not to discuss moderation as per the rules so why blatantly ignore that and break them? I'll be in touch.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018

Slán leat..

I've clearly outlined not to discuss moderation as per the rules so why blatantly ignore that and break them? I'll be in touch.

{EA_Lanna: Removed further discussion of moderation}
  • Braddock512
    1538 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    And yet you clearly didn't heed the warning about discussion of moderation.
    That's the sad part.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from a mod soon.
    -Braddock512-
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You could’ve saved so much time, by not typing all of that, because, as I wrote in my first sentence of my reply, I understood you the first time. I also understood that the OP meant teammates, even though they didn’t specify this, but only said “get my vehicle stolen from me“, which is ambiguous. Your suggestion about locking the driver’s seat for 10 seconds is reasonable. If you get the attention of some developer, maybe they will add it to the game?

You didn’t say enemies shouldn’t able to steal tanks, and I never claimed that you said that, either. The reason I brought up enemies stealing tanks, is because I think it has bigger consequences. Sure, it’s annoying if someone on your team, that can’t repair the tank, gets it destroyed. But a destroyed tank is better, than a tank that’s been taken by the other team, in my opinion. And it’s something you risk, when you leave your tank.

So I didn’t remember correctly, which I warned about in my reply, about the vehicles in BF1942. Was it only the aircraft carriers you couldn’t steal from the enemy team, then? The battleships? Or is that also wrong? It’s been 15 years, and my memory isn’t exactly that.

I suppose I could have been a bit more clear in my original post. I was simply thinking for team mates only. How I see it the Tanker class is close to useless outside of the tank and if you have tanker specific perks even more so, so I just wish that we could at the very least get priority or the ability to kick the driver out if it's our tank. And this isn't a whine post, I just experienced it and thought it might be a good idea if other people were having this happen. Thanks for the constructive opinions you've fielded
  • BaronVonGoon
    7053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018

Slán leat..

'Lanna' is a girl's name btw...

mg]
  • Hawxxeye
    7586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So much bright yellow all of a sudden , my eyes
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Saw this complaint a lot in BF4, and they added the abilty to heal your tank from the driver's seat, and still this complaint persists. It's always elitist tankers that don't want to give anyone else a chance, they just want their ez mode for farming kills every match.

I also love how most tanks require more than juat the driver to be fully effective, but not once has a taker ever stopped for me, and landahip drivers, in particular, seem to almost actively make it impossile for me to help by constantly trying to turn and ruining my shots.

Yeah, I'm a little salty, don't like elitists in games that, for all intents and purposes, are a hobby. It's like someone getting really mad during a board game or a pick up game of basketball. No one cares.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    I wise you could lock the doors on tanks for a different reason, when the game was first announced I had dreams of using the MKV tanks with a crew all working together calling out targets. But unfortunately what we get is plays spawning in tanks firing randomly and wasting all their ready rounds at nothing leaving the tank vulnerable when to up against a AV7.
  • UraniumReaper
    Saw this complaint a lot in BF4, and they added the abilty to heal your tank from the driver's seat, and still this complaint persists. It's always elitist tankers that don't want to give anyone else a chance, they just want their ez mode for farming kills every match.

I also love how most tanks require more than juat the driver to be fully effective, but not once has a taker ever stopped for me, and landahip drivers, in particular, seem to almost actively make it impossile for me to help by constantly trying to turn and ruining my shots.

Yeah, I'm a little salty, don't like elitists in games that, for all intents and purposes, are a hobby. It's like someone getting really mad during a board game or a pick up game of basketball. No one cares.

I can understand that and I agree, a tank needs a good crew to succeed. However there is zero benefit to having the tank taken by someone that can't self repair the tank and leave the tanker out in the open. At least in BF4 all classes were combat ready unlike the Tanker class which is arguably one of the least effective in combat.
  • DIAV0L
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only tanker class can enter driver seat in tanks = problem solved. And you can spawn as tanker class (except for maps without tanks). So you wanna steal a tank? Grab friendly/enemy tanker kit or respawn as tanker. How to balance this? Repaing inside now is 1.33x or 1.5x longer.
  • UraniumReaper
    DIAV0L wrote: »
    Only tanker class can enter driver seat in tanks = problem solved. And you can spawn as tanker class (except for maps without tanks). So you wanna steal a tank? Grab friendly/enemy tanker kit or respawn as tanker. How to balance this? Repaing inside now is 1.33x or 1.5x longer.

That's an interesting idea and I am slightly inclined to agree. I think the tanker should be something you can spawn as. I don't think it's super great in combat necessarily, but it is kind of like a mix of support and assault so it's kind of fun to play as.
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    *removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018
    *removed*

Post edited by StarscreamUK on