Player drop off?

Comments

• kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hmm? Still seeing 100+ servers. Would it real matter if there were only 50? I myself can only join one at a time.

Not really. It's not a matter of the game being dead. Nobody is claiming it is. It is winding down as games do as they age. It's also worth noting if the bleeding of player population is merely just due to the current age or if drastic changes in gameplay added to that bleed. I believe they did and I hope they don't repeat this mistake in future Battlefields.

I understand what your saying, but the amount of servers still going are still a mile log. People get bored and move on, I have done it on other games.

I think it will go for quite awhile still. When I start seeing 15 servers world wide I will say it's dead or winding down, but over a hundred servers full and with Q say otherwise.
  • Pelliy
    1992 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The last DLC has been released. The game tends to tailor off as its near EOL. Its normal.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is old and people moved to a new game. TTK also helped people leave the game as well.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    TTK also helped people leave the game as well.

Or it could have caused people to stay or brought people back to replace those that would have left anyway. You seem pretty certain that TTK caused some sort of an exodus so please tell us where your data came from that lead you to that conclusion.

• ackers75
    1754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game certainly ain’t got the legs that bf4 had
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018

Or it could have caused people to stay or brought people back to replace those that would have left anyway. You seem pretty certain that TTK caused some sort of an exodus so please tell us where your data came from that lead you to that conclusion.

Not saying it was a mad exodus, in fact i just said it helped. You can look at the population graph on battletracker you can see the jump in player base on the TTK patch, then it drop and continue to drop with more minor peaks on other updates.
  • KingRofty
    396 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see Battlefield Revolution is going for dirt cheap in the PS Store Easter sale.....might get a lot of new players in the next month or so?
  • Pelliy
    1992 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not saying it was a mad exodus, in fact i just said it helped. You can look at the population graph on battletracker you can see the jump in player base on the TTK patch, then it drop and continue to drop with more minor peaks on other updates.

you're making an assertion without any evidence whatsoever. That dip in the graph could be to other factors.
  • VBALL_MVP

you're making an assertion without any evidence whatsoever. That dip in the graph could be to other factors.

Without evidence? So the peak number of players jumped right at the time of patch launch. So that's pretty good evidence that people came back to play the game. Then peak players dropped again....good indication they didn't like the changes enough to keep playing.

Then you still have the gradual decline which is a very good indication of people leaving to try new games out there.....
  • Pelliy

Without evidence? So the peak number of players jumped right at the time of patch launch. So that's pretty good evidence that people came back to play the game. Then peak players dropped again....good indication they didn't like the changes enough to keep playing.

Then you still have the gradual decline which is a very good indication of people leaving to try new games out there.....

Its not enough to draw a hard conclusion though

You're assuming its the patch, but it could be other things associated with the population drop. I'm willing to bet there isn't a sizable portion of people that care about ttk2 or sliding changes. What you see on the forums is the vocal minority. That's just my speculation. Other things factor in like each patch, the game has gotten worse from an optimization standpoint, patches that are not up to QA standards and each patch breaking something while fixing something else.

There was also sales going on around ttk for pretty cheap. Hell, battlefield revolution came out around iitot and ttk window and it was heavily discounted recently.
  • VBALL_MVP

You're assuming its the patch, but it could be other things associated with the population drop. I'm willing to bet there isn't a sizable portion of people that care about ttk2 or sliding changes. What you see on the forums is the vocal minority. That's just my speculation. Other things factor in like each patch, the game has gotten worse from an optimization standpoint, patches that are not up to QA standards and each patch breaking something while fixing something else.

There was also sales going on around ttk for pretty cheap. Hell, battlefield revolution came out around iitot and ttk window and it was heavily discounted recently.

So basically you're saying the considerable jump in population right at the same time the patch release is pure coincidence....lol ok.

And the earth is flat too.
  • Pelliy

So basically you're saying the considerable jump in population right at the same time the patch release is pure coincidence....lol ok.

You have your opinions and that's fine. Just don't parade around like its fact. You're reading into the numbers to come to your conclusions. Do this with the stock market, and you'll be out of money fast. lol.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited March 2018

You have your opinions and that's fine. Just don't parade around like its fact. You're reading into the numbers to come to your conclusions. Do this with the stock market, and you'll be out of money fast. lol.

Well like they say facts are facts even if you choose not to believe them.

You don't think they do it in the stock market? Lol...where do you think they came with the correlation with the stock market tanking due to the steel tarrifs? Oh yeah that's right they looked at the day when it happened and saw the effect on stocks!

Yup no one ever looks at numbers to find coorelations.
  • Pelliy

That's certainly true indeed. I agree with that statement.
  • VBALL_MVP

That's certainly true indeed. I agree with that statement.

Then if you look at the numbers you will see they are factual as the dates when the patch(s) came and like the how people find coorelation in the stock market you can see what happened.

But hey no ones ever looks at numbers for answers.
  • KingRofty
    edited March 2018
    JTRIV1461 wrote: »
    I can only comment on my motivation, however I found the last 2 DLCs to be garbage. I still had fun playing the Base maps along with earlier DLC maps. Then TTK2.0 came out and the game just felt different and I realized my level of fun dropped off. As someone who uses AT Mines a lot that stupid change has also been frustrating and I haven't enjoyed the Assault class. So for the past month I've played very, very little. Instead of old and stale TTK2.0 made the game old and feel different which wasn't an improvement for many of us.

I feel really sorry for the Assault class, as Dice has increased the Ribs upwards recoil way too much, the hellriegel's ADS suck now, the RSC SMG is utter garbage, and the SMG08 is useless at range. The only three SMGs I still play with are the Automatico Storm, MP18 Trench & Hellriegel Defensive (for the bipod). Fortunately they are still good. If you are a shotgun fan, then the Model-A, Sjogren and Model 1900 are still viable choices. Haven't played with the M97 Trench lately, but it used to be a favorite of mine as well.
  • KingRofty
    KingRofty wrote: »
    JTRIV1461 wrote: »
    I can only comment on my motivation, however I found the last 2 DLCs to be garbage. I still had fun playing the Base maps along with earlier DLC maps. Then TTK2.0 came out and the game just felt different and I realized my level of fun dropped off. As someone who uses AT Mines a lot that stupid change has also been frustrating and I haven't enjoyed the Assault class. So for the past month I've played very, very little. Instead of old and stale TTK2.0 made the game old and feel different which wasn't an improvement for many of us.

I feel really sorry for the Assault class, as Dice has increased the Ribs upwards recoil way too much, the hellriegel's ADS suck now, the RSC SMG is utter garbage, and the SMG08 is useless at range. The only three SMGs I still play with are the Automatico Storm, MP18 Trench & Hellriegel Defensive (for the bipod). Fortunately they are still good. If you are a shotgun fan, then the Model-A, Sjogren and Model 1900 are still viable choices. Haven't played with the M97 Trench lately, but it used to be a favorite of mine as well.

The assault class is the only class I don't feel sorry for.

hehe....shots fired!! :smiley: