You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    12863 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @scrubsbechubs The very mention of that would not be wise, It also violates forum guidelines and ToS.
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just received a reply from Adam @ EvenBalance (Research) The programs used to get my PS3 controller working on PC, did not cause my ban. I'm at a complete loss now, and can't understand what could have possible triggered this. Outside of my keyboard and headset, my mouse was the only other thing I changed, but that was back in November. Upgraded to the Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition with mechanical switches, and my system downloaded an updated version of Razer Synapse. I'm assuming now that my new account will eventually get banned, as I still have everything on my system that I had when I first got banned (Outside of the software I already had submitted to research), LOLGotYerTags, am I allowed to post a picture of my running services, and see if the community sees something I must obviously be missing?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12863 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    LOLGotYerTags, am I allowed to post a picture of my running services, and see if the community sees something I must obviously be missing?

Go for it ^
  • autobotguy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I too just got hit with the Gamehack 88001 false-positive crap. I was away from BF4 for about 2 weeks, then I come back and join a server.....BLAMO.
    I've gone back and forth with an "Alex J" and it ended with the whole,
    "We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

I've played the BattleField series all the way back to 1942. I have never and will never cheat in any game. I have purposefully distanced myself from people who I have found to be cheating in the past, that's how adamant I am about cheating. If there are this many false-positive hits with this new 88001 gamehack thing, then EB needs to take another look at their software as it have all the finesse of a **** addict.

If the PB software can detect the GUID, then it should be able to detect the IP and WHERE its connecting from. USE THIS INFO and help out the people who are getting screwed out of their time, enjoyment and more importantly MONEY by these false positive strikes.
  • autobotguy
    http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

for anyone needing to appeal btw. I would suggest you hold off on appealing for the moment. If there is a false trigger then making an appeal with that information could help since the appeal process at EB seems to be partially automated and multiple appeal attempts could end with you getting dismissed without review

I wonder if my appeal with "Alex J" got dismissed without review.
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    autobotguy wrote: »
    http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

for anyone needing to appeal btw. I would suggest you hold off on appealing for the moment. If there is a false trigger then making an appeal with that information could help since the appeal process at EB seems to be partially automated and multiple appeal attempts could end with you getting dismissed without review

I wonder if my appeal with "Alex J" got dismissed without review.

no it was probably reviewed but whatever triggered the ban was considerd to be legitimate. Are you also using a razer mouse by chance and razer synapse?
  • autobotguy
    edited March 2018
    I'm using a Patriot Viper 560 mouse and a Corsair K65 RGB keyboard powered with Corsair Utility Engine 2.23.40. I asked if the Corsair K65 RGB could cause a false positive and "Alex J" didn't even answer. He just replied with their copy/paste "your ****" message they give you.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @autobotguy
    It's not a good idea swearing here either as it can result in a suspension from the forum too.

Last thing you want is a forum ban to accompany your EB ban.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2018
    I just received a reply from Adam @ EvenBalance (Research) The programs used to get my PS3 controller working on PC, did not cause my ban. I'm at a complete loss now, and can't understand what could have possible triggered this. Outside of my keyboard and headset, my mouse was the only other thing I changed, but that was back in November. Upgraded to the Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition with mechanical switches, and my system downloaded an updated version of Razer Synapse. I'm assuming now that my new account will eventually get banned, as I still have everything on my system that I had when I first got banned (Outside of the software I already had submitted to research), LOLGotYerTags, am I allowed to post a picture of my running services, and see if the community sees something I must obviously be missing?

How do I get in contact with this Alex guy so I can provide them with programs running on my PC as well in order to get to the bottom of this obviously erroneous ban.

Checked again today. Looks like more innocent players being banned with this one.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »

How do I get in contact with this Alex guy so I can provide them with programs running on my PC as well in order to get to the bottom of this obviously erroneous ban.

Checked again today. Looks like more innocent players being banned with this one.

If you already made a ticket at them, and they have responded, there is still the possibility to re-open it by sending another message.
  • autobotguy
    @autobotguy
    It's not a good idea swearing here either as it can result in a suspension from the forum too.

Last thing you want is a forum ban to accompany your EB ban.

Sorry, its just super frustrating to basically be called a bad person when your not.
  • Sonomak
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So.. what do we do now? Do we wait to see if this was a false positive and if it is found to be, are we automatically unbanned or what would happen?
    I've seen that there was a situation like this a few years ago with wrongful bans, what happened when it was found to be incorrect?
    I've appealed to EB multiple times but my ticket is being instantly closed every time I try to open it by Alex J. I can't appeal to PBBans or GGC without an EB link, I even contacted EA (I know, stupid, but I had run out of options) with no luck. I've pretty much done all that I can at this point.
    It's frustrating because prior to 1st March, I hadn't played BF in 2 years and then was banned the next time I played on 5th March. I even had it uninstalled, so I was playing on a fresh install. I play a lot of other games with anti-cheats installed with no issues whatsoever which makes this situation even more confusing.
    I would like to add: @Il-Scavenger-lI , don't stop doing what you're doing. I posted in several places online and you seem to be the only person that has responded and provided information to try and help. You seem to be everywhere! Thanks for the help you're giving to us.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sonomak wrote: »
    So.. what do we do now? Do we wait to see if this was a false positive and if it is found to be, are we automatically unbanned or what would happen?
    I've seen that there was a situation like this a few years ago with wrongful bans, what happened when it was found to be incorrect?
    I've appealed to EB multiple times but my ticket is being instantly closed every time I try to open it by Alex J. I can't appeal to PBBans or GGC without an EB link, I even contacted EA (I know, stupid, but I had run out of options) with no luck. I've pretty much done all that I can at this point.
    It's frustrating because prior to 1st March, I hadn't played BF in 2 years and then was banned the next time I played on 5th March. I even had it uninstalled, so I was playing on a fresh install. I play a lot of other games with anti-cheats installed with no issues whatsoever which makes this situation even more confusing.
    I would like to add: @Il-Scavenger-lI , don't stop doing what you're doing. I posted in several places online and you seem to be the only person that has responded and provided information to try and help. You seem to be everywhere! Thanks for the help you're giving to us.

When it turns out a violation could be triggered by non-cheating software, it will be announced on the Evenbalance website: https://www.evenbalance.com/ (the news tab).
    And no problem. I think it is important to ensure that everyone knows the right channels to appeal their bans (no matter if they are legit or not). If a ban turns out to be false, more correctly executed appeals will force the anti-cheat to look into the issue and hopefully fix the issue faster. If the ban is legit and is not removed, at least all other players know that the people that are banned have had all the tools they needed to appeal. Knowing this could help to prevent trust issues with the anti-cheat.
  • HairOffTheDog
    LOLGotYerTags, am I allowed to post a picture of my running services, and see if the community sees something I must obviously be missing?

Go for it ^

Thanks, appreciate it! I'll copy and paste my list here, I didn't realize I had to link a pic using a URL. I'm omitting the Microsoft services, to keep the post to a reasonable size. This is everytthing
    Name Description Version
    AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc Adobe Flash Player Update Service 29.0.0.113
    asComSvc ASUS Com Service 1.0.0.1
    AsSysCtrlService ASUS System Control Service
    AtherosSvc AtherosSvc 6.1.7600.16385
    BEService BattlEye Service
    Ds3Service SCP DS3 Service **(Submitted to EB Research and Cleared )**
    gupdate Google Update Service (gupdate) 1.3.31.5
    gupdatem Google Update Service (gupdatem) 1.3.31.5
    Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface 1.47.715.0
    Intel(R) TPM Provisioning Service Intel(R) TPM Provisioning Service 1.47.715.0
    jhi_service Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service 11.7.0.1043
    LightingService ASUS Lighting Service 0.0.0.0
    LMS Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service 11.7.0.1043
    MozillaMaintenance Mozilla Maintenance Service 59.0.1.6648
    NvContainerLocalSystem NVIDIA LocalSystem Container 1.9.2305.6807
    NvContainerNetworkService NVIDIA NetworkService Container 1.9.2305.6807
    NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem NVIDIA Display Container LS 1.2.0.0
    NvTelemetryContainer NVIDIA Telemetry Container 1.6.2245.8538
    Origin Client Service Origin Client Service 10.5.15.44004
    PnkBstrA PnkBstrA
    Razer Chroma SDK Server Razer Chroma SDK Server 1.1.3.7
    Razer Chroma SDK Service Razer Chroma SDK Service 2.0.5.9
    Razer Game Scanner Service Razer Game Scanner 1.0.6.2843
    SamsungRapidSvc Samsung RAPID Mode Service 1.0.0.97
    SONICWALL_NetExtender SonicWALL NetExtender Service 6.0.191.1
    Steam Client Service Steam Client Service 4.42.91.57
    XTU3SERVICE Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Service 6.4.1.11
    Origin Web Helper Service Origin Web Helper Service 10.5.15.44004

• DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @HairOffTheDog at what date and time were these processes running at the point of copying them?
  • HairOffTheDog
    You don't suppose the Punkbuster and Fortnites BattlEye anti-cheat services are conflicting do you? Another questionable one is Razer's Game Scanner Service which auto installs when you plug in a new razer device. Not exactly sure what it's purpose is, still digging at the moment, but doesn't appear to be required
  • HairOffTheDog
    @HairOffTheDog at what date and time were these processes running at the point of copying them?

These were pulled a few minutes before that post and was done through SIW (great software for a tech). Unfortunately I don't have anything from the timeline of when I was banned, however, nothing on my system has changed between then and now. The software I thought would have caused it, from the CAM Overlay to the software to get a PS3 controller working, was all cleared by EB's Research team. I sent them screenshots of all my program files and program data directories and some other info, but they never mentioned it or answered any questions, so that makes this a much tougher challenge to resolve.
  • CONVICT_No88002
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2018
    This violation includes a plethora of violations, covering public, private and DIY cheats. I shall not divulge which cheats we are detecting apart from those which I have outlined above, nor shall I divulge what methods are being used.
    With that said, I can say that anyone who has received the 88001 violation were logged in many different silent detection methods.
    I believe 81570/81576 bans too were caused by a 'plethora of violations and cheats only the mighty punkbuster can catch'? Oh, I forgot, they weren't. (for those who are interested: just google up the numbers. There are tons of threads on blog/reddit)
    With a history like yours, with all those false-positives, you can't just go 'we know what we are doing' and basically tell people to go [REMOVED] themselves. Well, you can, obviously, but who are going to listen?
    I'm glad EA dropped you guys with BF1. That might be one of the best decisions they've made in years.

The 81570/81576 story is quite hilarious, actually. First they've banned some people, then retracted and lifted the bans, then, a mere half year later they 'fix' the detection and again ban some 1.5k people. At some point,, there was someone from EA involved, afair, and after a while the bans were lifted for good. All that time EB remained as arrogant as always.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • HairOffTheDog
    I even offered my home and cell numbers, or any files off my system, heck I even offered to let them remote into my system so they could see create and modified dates, go through my event logs or anything else they wanted, to help them find what is causing this false positive trigger. I have absolutely nothing to hide, I thought they'd love to get to the bottom of this in order to help the gaming community that they create the software for. I guess they figured I was a cheater and wanted no part of it, or didn't have the time to invest in the problem. Who knows, I can only speculate unfortunately.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @CONVICT_No88002
    Do not Swear.

Obscuring part of the word does not mean it is free of violation.
This discussion has been closed.