Online "bots"

EdwinSpangler
1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2018
So my wife showed me an article from somewhere I cannot remember now but here is the same story.. Does anyone know what the purpose of this is for?? EDIT: I read what they say the purpose is but... Does anyone know anything else this is being developed for??

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/22/17150918/ea-dice-seed-battlefield-1-ai-shooter

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hoping we can get a Humans vs Bot mode in the future, that would be awesome
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But I thought there were bots already in the multiplayer. Boom Boom
  • StarscreamUK
    7523 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    it was just for selflearning AI to learn. just in this case the AI authors were using bf1 as the test bed
  • britishink1
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You wouldn't need a CTE with thousands of "agents" playing millions of hours BEFORE release - no bugs, no glitches all worked out by AI before release.
    Also those empty servers can no longer be empty, you may initially be the only human playing against bots and as more players join they take the bots slot ...

They must at some point cap the skill level - I am not going up against perfect aim, perfect timing BF1 death bots thats certain ...
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If AI bots are added to the main game I'm expecting hackers will eventually find a way to trick FairFight into thinking the player is an AI bot. Then future updates to FairFight results in bans on actual AI bots. Thus if the AI bots go rogue, the hackers will be the first to perish in the uprising.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Roy57on wrote: »
    If AI bots are added to the main game I'm expecting hackers will eventually find a way to trick FairFight into thinking the player is an AI bot. Then future updates to FairFight results in bans on actual AI bots. Thus if the AI bots go rogue, the hackers will be the first to perish in the uprising.

That's pretty unlikely actually, AI bots are never introduced into live multiplayer environments simply due to how unreliable they are.

If anything, Adding bots to a game would usually involve the creation of an "offline" mode ( such as with SWBF 2's "Arcade" mode )

• BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You'd think they're secretly testing them in online games now, with how terrible man games turn out to be.
  • ErothAmur
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 is dying=C Horribly needed AI!
    Even if it will be offline and as DLC I can buy it! DICE, just add this function!
  • Titan_Awaken
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ErothAmur said:
    Even if it will be offline and as DLC I can buy it! DICE, just add this function!
    Cool suggestion. Just one teeny weeny problem though.

You're over 1.25 years late to this thread.
  • ErothAmur
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    ErothAmur said:
    Cool suggestion. Just one teeny weeny problem though.

You're over 1.25 years late to this thread.
    Nope, because "1.25 years later" was a "BF fans" who hated this idea. They said: "We don't need it", "PvE for noobz", "will be more cheaters", "it's online game! Play in campaign!" and etc. Right now they bought BV5, but people in BF1 now have 5-10 half\full servers, which mostly conquest with standard and tsar maps, because of them.
    So this IS the time, when DICE must add AI in the game. It's even OK if it will be a new DLC for real money, I already do not care, because I want to play in other maps!

PS: And stop saying what we do not need it again! I am so tired of people who do not want support good ideas. Why not just support it to make BF games better?
    Post edited by ErothAmur on
This discussion has been closed.