On a scale from 1-11 how bored are you of BF1?

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    About a 2.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Probably 4. It is a great game, but I'm not always in the mood to play an FPS.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

I hate to sound cynical, but it very much feels like digital planned obsolescence. With BF2018 looming on the horizon, I find some of the changes they have made and their approach to things recently pretty suspect.

I agree. Good to see others have the same suspicion.
  • Trokey66
    9046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A year ago I would have been 1 or 2 but now?

4 I think.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hate to sound cynical, but it very much feels like digital planned obsolescence. With BF2018 looming on the horizon, I find some of the changes they have made and their approach to things recently pretty suspect.

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner! My EXACT thoughts. Call it conspiracy theories but folks, understand that EA is in the business to sell you a new game every year. Not every 2-3 years. I think EA finally realized that in order to accomplish their revenue goals, they can't make these games/support them as well as they have done in the past, like with BF3 and BF4. Sure, those games had problems but EA provided a lot of additonal support to remedy many of the issues. Look at how many people are still playing BF4 today. Many of those players never bought BF1. That's lost revenue in EA's eyes.

Also, by providing rented servers, communities/clans develop and this further encourages longevity in how long many players will stick with a game. Communities = socializing and that is one thing many players in these games are seeking in their lives, in addition to a video game. Take away rented servers and there is no common place for players meet up with their friends. Provide a game that is good and fun but plagued with technical issues, many of which won't be resolved, most players will burn out on the game after a year or so and then it's time to buy a new one. Mission accomplished for EA.

I don't agree. Maybe if the next BF had already released or we were a month away from it I would, but we don't know when the next one will be released. I don't know any business that would intentionally try to devalue their product when there is nothing to replace it with except a competitor. EA may be a crap company but they're money hungry and I see them trying to squeeze every penny out of this game as possible until their next BF drops.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner! My EXACT thoughts. Call it conspiracy theories but folks, understand that EA is in the business to sell you a new game every year. Not every 2-3 years. I think EA finally realized that in order to accomplish their revenue goals, they can't make these games/support them as well as they have done in the past, like with BF3 and BF4. Sure, those games had problems but EA provided a lot of additonal support to remedy many of the issues. Look at how many people are still playing BF4 today. Many of those players never bought BF1. That's lost revenue in EA's eyes.

Also, by providing rented servers, communities/clans develop and this further encourages longevity in how long many players will stick with a game. Communities = socializing and that is one thing many players in these games are seeking in their lives, in addition to a video game. Take away rented servers and there is no common place for players meet up with their friends. Provide a game that is good and fun but plagued with technical issues, many of which won't be resolved, most players will burn out on the game after a year or so and then it's time to buy a new one. Mission accomplished for EA.

I don't agree. Maybe if the next BF had already released or we were a month away from it I would, but we don't know when the next one will be released. I don't know any business that would intentionally try to devalue their product when there is nothing to replace it with except a competitor. EA may be a crap company but they're money hungry and I see them trying to squeeze every penny out of this game as possible until their next BF drops.

The next bf will be released in october. First trailer will be released in the next 2 months.
    There isnt really a game like battlefield,just the next battlefield.

Its hard to believe for me ttk 2.0 really exists to make bf1 better. 1.5 years after launch it was just a mistake. Perhaps on purpose,its all speculation...

Anyway i wont buy game+premium for their next game at full price,thats for sure.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really sure how to answer it. I'm definitely ready for the next game but I'll keep playing daily and keep my fingers crossed that they add a new Operation or two.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The next bf will be released in october. First trailer will be released in the next 2 months.

Its hard to believe for me ttk 2.0 really exists to make bf1 better. 1.5 years after launch it was just a mistake. Perhaps on purpose,its all speculation...

Anyway i wont buy game+premium for their next game at full price,thats for sure.
    While I agree there isn't a game like BF, it does still have its competitors (COD.)

I haven't read anything confirming it will be released in October (not that I don't believe you) but let's say they do at the end of October (based on previous BF releases, they've released towards the end of the month.) That's a solid 7 months away so I highly doubt any company would willfully sabotage itself for that length of time. Don't get me wrong - I'm as critical of EA as the next guy, but I don't think they would do something like this until the consumers had the next game in hand. Just my opinion though.
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    6 6 6
    Especially if internet is bad on the day. There's nothing that says "maybe you should play something else" quite like being disconnected from an Operation Campaign on the last map and losing all of your progress towards the battlepack. Even more infuriating if it is on Oil Of Empires when you are on the attacking team.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018

While I agree there isn't a game like BF, it does still have its competitors (COD.)

I haven't read anything confirming it will be released in October (not that I don't believe you) but let's say they do at the end of October (based on previous BF releases, they've released towards the end of the month.) That's a solid 7 months away so I highly doubt any company would willfully sabotage itself for that length of time. Don't get me wrong - I'm as critical of EA as the next guy, but I don't think they would do something like this until the consumers had the next game in hand. Just my opinion though.

You're not getting it, EA want people to quit before the next one is out so players have time to forget how they were screwed and buy into it again after some time away. EA don't need continuous play to operate, they've gotten their money for this title.

That's how they got me, I had vowed never to buy another EA game ever and after a long time away figured, how bad can it be really?
  • x_Undaunted_x

You're not getting it, EA want people to quit before the next one is out so players have time to forget how they were screwed and buy into it again after some time away. EA don't need continuous play to operate, they've gotten their money for this title.

That's how they got me, I had vowed never to buy another EA game ever and after a long time away figured, how bad can it be really?

No, I do get that but I don't buy it. A company willfully jeopardizing itself months before in hopes people will forget their malice when the new product releases? That doesn't make sense either because not everyone forgets their bad experience.

And while EA may have made the bulk of their money, they still want to make as much money as they can each day. It may not be the same as day 1 or even day 365, but no business would ever intentionally try to stop making money.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3 to 4 I'd say, I like to play but if for what ever reason I can't I'm not that bothered, I seem to spend more time on the forum now then I do playing.
  • -Antares65z
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA don't need continuous play to operate, they've gotten their money for this title. That's how they got me, I had vowed never to buy another EA game ever and after a long time away figured, how bad can it be really?

This.

As long as their games are overall fun and use state of the art graphics/sounds, people will keep buying them. Even if they only get a year of fun out of it.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Your numbers are different now. Back then I was a 6 or 7 based on the old numbers which is a 5 or 6 with your current numbers. Although I think that was just a bad time for me since my friends had just stopped playing the game.

Nowadays I'm more like a 6 or 7 based on your current numbers. I play a few times a week, and usually only for 1 or 2 games per session. I did, not too long ago, take a 1 month break shortly after TTK2 released though.

Although I'd say it has less to do with boredom and more to do with frustration/annoyance. As you well know, I don't like TTK2. Also the terrible team balance. I joined 5 games in a row last night that were almost over where one team was absolutely dominating the other before I finally found one good match. I don't like wasting that much time.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018

No, I do get that but I don't buy it. A company willfully jeopardizing itself months before in hopes people will forget their malice when the new product releases?

Why is this so hard to believe? Are you familiar with all the happenings with Destiny 2 since release (Summary vid below)? It's just one example off the top of my head. But it illustrates perfectly how these gaming development studios and especially the publishers don't care at all what you think about their practices. They go as far as tricking, misleading and outright lying. They don't care. So why is it so hard to believe that EA may resort to shady business practices? Like, SERIOUSLY, why?

It's the same thing with SWBF2's loot boxes. EA probably didn't intend for the game to have such a malicious system. It's not the norm in gaming... yet. They were just testing the waters. Analyzing the response. Baby steps. One day, they hope, shady loot boxes will become the norm.

So I don't think any of us dismiss the idea of shady/malicious practices. Have they fixed the BF4 campaign which doesn't save yet? Nah there's no money in that. Buy BF1! Same thing...

• Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    3-4 Most of the time
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Between 7 and 8. I really want to get everything finished, but the game has gotten too frustrating. I've long been at the point where it's rare that I actually enjoy myself in the game, and these latest affliction dogtags have really made it hard for me to want to play. I started playing GTA V, Skyrim, and now Far Cry 5 and I'm having a much more enjoyable time than I can have in BF1.

Maybe the fact that all three of those games are either single player games or games in which I only play the single player aspect is an indicator of the source of my frustration with BF1.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -500 I'm still enjoying the game as much as the day I bought it. And still will play it a lot
  • x_Undaunted_x
    edited March 2018
    Why is this so hard to believe? Are you familiar with all the happenings with Destiny 2 since release (Summary vid below)? It's just one example off the top of my head. But it illustrates perfectly how these gaming development studios and especially the publishers don't care at all what you think about their practices. They go as far as tricking, misleading and outright lying. They don't care. So why is it so hard to believe that EA may resort to shady business practices? Like, SERIOUSLY, why?

It's the same thing with SWBF2's loot boxes. EA probably didn't intend for the game to have such a malicious system. It's not the norm in gaming... yet. They were just testing the waters. Analyzing the response. Baby steps. One day, they hope, shady loot boxes will become the norm.

Because you have no proof whatsoever that DICE are intentionally jeopardizing BF or even "testing the waters" by doing it 7 months ahead of their next title. Like was said before this is nothing more than a conspiracy theory. Is EA CAPABLE of doing it? Absolutely, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did considering their "award" for being worst company in the past. But I'm not going to take the word of a couple of forum posters who possibly don't agree with a change or the direction DICE took with their game. I'll believe it when I see some real evidence.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    7.5 for me. I used to play every chance I got, but now I just can't seem to work up the enthusiasm for it. Most servers I end up in seem to just have a ton of high-pingers and it wreaks havoc with hitreg/detection, and with the higher damage now, it leads to a lot more frustration for me.

I think it would be best if they'd stop focusing on updating and changing the game and just maintaining it at this point. With the end of support looming and very likely little to no more content I just tend to dread updates now, since things just get broken, or improvements undone, but really not much to look forward to.