On a scale from 1-11 how bored are you of BF1?

Comments

• x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    They probaly have teams of people doing research on retention stats so nothing is impossible tbh. I can’t for the life of me understand why certain things are left broken (server browser for one and there are many others) that should be easy to fix unless they have chopped the resources down.
    Oh, I have no doubt they have data analysts looking through all kinds of business figures, identifying what's successful, what isn't, market research, etc...

As far as your second sentence, I can probably provide some insight since I'm a software QA guy for my company who works very closely with my developers. Some things are left broken for 2 reasons - 1) they just don't have the time to get to them or (2) they have labeled them as a lower priority and DICE is working on what they have identified as more important bugs to fix. We may not like the way DICE prioritize their fixes but it's ultimately their decision on when to work on each bug. I'll admit I've been extremely critical of how DICE prioritize their fixes - the most recent of which has been their focus on TTK 2.0 when, in my opinion, it should have been devoted to fixing the balancer. But, it's not my call to make and I'm not privy to the closed door discussions where they rationalized it took precedence. The only thing I can do is accept it and play the game or move on to something else if it's that big of a deal breaker for me. In my case, their taking TTK 2.0 before the balancer hasn't been a deal breaker so I'm going to continue to play.
  • V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably a 4 for me. I've been playing for total of 3 months, first Battlefield and all that. Play almost everyday. Hours at a time. it would definitely be a 1 if it wasn't for all the unbalanced matches lately, I'm buying bf 2018, no doubt.
  • Mister_Press
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    after the TTK patch i said 10 and uninstalled it that night (after 1 game of complete bs being shot down before i even got out of spawn as a bomber), I reinstalled it to try it again after the latest maps and now my rating is 11. I play more bf4 and cod2 than either bf1 or battalion 44, (another buyer's regret). I won't be getting bfv/bf2018 or tbh another Dice game. I'v put dice in the same group as EA and Ubisoft.
  • NWOslave
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right now I'm a 10. Deleted that junk.
    Until Christmas and getting MWr I was playing everyday but started getting stale.
    Eventually was only playing MWr until first Dlc then was at a 9.
    A month into that went back to MWr and never played again. Those maps were junk. I didn't pay to do challenges for earning Dlc guns.

I'm not happy with how dice has handled the game. From rentaserver debacle to matchmaking flipping and crap players it teamed me up with. Also, It's like a beta for the new one. Like they were just trying out new things with the new engine. Pre ordered all Dlc spent 100+$ and didn't bother to play it all.

While I look forward to another BF game I won't pre order or buy on day one. Probably won't buy until a month after its out. Want the community to experience it first before I put money in dice's hands. Mainly I lurk here to get a sense of how the game was doing. So I know the sentiments. And if you rip me for enjoying MWr eat one. It's a different game that satisfies a different need. BF did too but I had to go back to bf4 to fill it. Because bf1 is just not as good as a ww1 experience.
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2018
    11 and I am happy for it. I have had 744h in BF1, most of them I had fun and still this is way too much. Make shorter games please! My pile of shame is big enough, I am happy that I have done everything that is to do in BF1 (save for 7 medals the RNG won't let me do) and could play two different games in the last 2 weeks I didn't touch BF1 (save for checking whether the RNG spit out a new medal)

I want BF2018 to be less of a time sink and don't chaining me 744h to my PC. I would be totally happy to get 80h worth of enterntainment for my 80 EUR investment. Still beats paying 14 EUR for 2h of Black Panther in the cinema as far as enterntainment hour per EUR goes

I played BF1, I had my funtime and now I can look back with a good feeling of closure. If I were still playing it for hours per week, I'd be too fatigued to even consider buying BF2018.

Less is more people! Enterntain me for a while and then let me go off to other titles and trust that I'll be back for your next release. Keeping me busy until the very day of the next release just to make sure I don't play any other titles inbetween is a sure way to drive me off.

Good things need to come to an end or they become bad things!
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    11 and I am happy for it. I have had 744h in BF1, most of them I had fun and still this is way too much. Make shorter games please! My pile of shame is big enough, I am happy that I have done everything that is to do in BF1 (save for 7 medals the RNG won't let me do) and could play two different games in the last 2 weeks I didn't touch BF1 (save for checking whether the RNG spit out a new medal)

I want BF2018 to be less of a time sink and don't chaining me 744h to my PC. I would be totally happy to get 80h worth of enterntainment for my 80 EUR investment. Still beats paying 14 EUR for 2h of Black Panther in the cinema as far as enterntainment hour per EUR goes

I played BF1, I had my funtime and now I can look back with a good feeling of closure. If I were still playing it for hours per week, I'd be too fatigued to even consider buying BF2018.

Less is more people! Enterntain me for a while and then let me go off to other titles and trust that I'll be back for your next release. Keeping me busy until the very day of the next release just to make sure I don't play any other titles inbetween is a sure way to drive me off.

They can put more content in, but the issue is the random number generator. If medals weren't timed, they could be done much sooner than they can be now. For the people that like pursuing the medals, let them do it over and over again. However, when to this day I still know that I don't have everything done, it makes it really hard to justify playing the game - I'll just get frustrating with these really asinine, time-based requirements (which, by the way, get reset once the week is done). Another thing about these tasks to complete - they should be reasonable. Some of these affliction dogtags are ridiculous. The most ridiculous of which, a choice between getting 1000 m of headshots in a life or 10 kills in a life with Reaper, I just completed recently. Now that's done, I'm having a really hard time bringing myself to getting the 20 kills with each weapon medal for the Apocalypse DLC.

More content to unlock is fine, but trying to get 100% of everything possible shouldn't require an absurd amount of time or that you stop having fun with the game.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

They can put more content in, but the issue is the random number generator. If medals weren't timed, they could be done much sooner than they can be now. For the people that like pursuing the medals, let them do it over and over again. However, when to this day I still know that I don't have everything done, it makes it really hard to justify playing the game - I'll just get frustrating with these really asinine, time-based requirements (which, by the way, get reset once the week is done). Another thing about these tasks to complete - they should be reasonable. Some of these affliction dogtags are ridiculous. The most ridiculous of which, a choice between getting 1000 m of headshots in a life or 10 kills in a life with Reaper, I just completed recently. Now that's done, I'm having a really hard time bringing myself to getting the 20 kills with each weapon medal for the Apocalypse DLC.

More content to unlock is fine, but trying to get 100% of everything possible shouldn't require an absurd amount of time or that you stop having fun with the game.

To unlock 100% should be almost impossible,you should always have something to grind for. Besides some dlc stuff bf1 is far too easy in that regard.
    I dont care about battlepack related stuff,because the whole system is crap.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To unlock 100% should be almost impossible,you should always have something to grind for. Besides some dlc stuff bf1 is far too easy in that regard.

If you need a reason to play a game other than that the gameplay is fun, it doesn't make sense to play that game. The gameplay should be able to stand without having gimmicks to keep people interested, otherwise the gameplay isn't that great. When the gameplay isn't that great, completing the grind feels more like work than fun.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

If you need a reason to play a game other than that the gameplay is fun, it doesn't make sense to play that game. The gameplay should be able to stand without having gimmicks to keep people interested, otherwise the gameplay isn't that great. When the gameplay isn't that great, completing the grind feels more like work than fun.

I dont need a reason to play it,its just nice to have and it doesnt need much work to create some harder to get dogtags i guess... If the gameplay isnt fun simply dont play it. I really liked bf3s reward system. Master dogtags,dogtags for 100 stars with each vehicle/class etc.
  • BobsAndVegane

I dont need a reason to play it,its just nice to have and it doesnt need much work to create some harder to get dogtags i guess... If the gameplay isnt fun simply dont play it. I really liked bf3s reward system. Master dogtags,dogtags for 100 stars with each vehicle/class etc.

It's not nice to have. It distracts people like me from the game and makes them obsessed with completion. By the time they finish, such a sour taste has been left in their mouth that they simply can't see the game as a game anymore.

Clearly there are two different mindsets, so the option should be there to skip everything.

Don't even get me started on how stupid requiring 10,000 kills with everything in order to "complete" the game is.
  • Callahan44er

It's not nice to have. It distracts people like me from the game and makes them obsessed with completion. By the time they finish, such a sour taste has been left in their mouth that they simply can't see the game as a game anymore.

Clearly there are two different mindsets, so the option should be there to skip everything.

Don't even get me started on how stupid requiring 10,000 kills with everything in order to "complete" the game is.

Its just stupid you can complete such a game. Why arent there camos you get for 10000 kills with a weapon?
    You can skip everything,just dont care about it. Simple.
  • BobsAndVegane
    You can skip everything,just dont care about it. Simple.

How am I supposed to not care about it? I paid for the game, the entire game. If I don't complete it, it's basically the same thing as lighting a certain percentage of the money you paid on fire corresponding to how much of the game is left unfinished.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1 for me. I play this game when I feel happy(18 hours a day) I drink a few beers and LMAO all the time looking at the verry big TV shreen esspecialy when I knock someone down .the grafics are so good and I alway's say I am so sorry m8, cheers.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    11, but I can't swear I won't buy the next one yet. The beta and gameplay vids should tell for me. I got my money's worth out of BF1, so no big complaints, it was great for awhile, just unhappy with the changes and no longer wowed enough by the graphics after hundreds of hours to play to feel drawn in now that I'm having less fun with the shooty parts.
  • OrionPherrit
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    6. I’m down to just a couple games to get my daily 75 scraps (25 more if I’m lucky enough to get a highlight). Maybe a little more if there’s an active communal mission.

It’s been fun, but the game is in its twilight and I need to reallocate time to other pursuits. I’ll probably quit after hitting max level and/or getting all the legendaries I want.

Just hope they don’t eventually abandon the game, leaving unfixed bugs, like they did with BattleAffront… :#
  • V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's the the best online fps game since killzone 3 for me. Some maps are so hectic it makes me glad I never had to fight in a real war. Yes there's problems, of cause. But ultimately I'm now a huge BF fan
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It just isn't fun having massive blowouts every match, it used to be there would be some fun matches in between blowouts.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have too many other games to be bored with BF1, so I guess #1
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    It just isn't fun having massive blowouts every match, it used to be there would be some fun matches in between blowouts.

Blowouts is about 95% of the game now. Just get those kills in and whenever the spawntrap or fog rolls around, whichever comes first ALT+F4.