Temporary restriction on playing online

Canonblade
0 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hello peeps,
recently i received an email from EA saying that i got a block on my account for the next week.
I played battlefield for around 38 hours and didn't update the game since two days ago.
When I even logged in my account i had an option to disconnect from all previous computers associated with my account (I never logged in from another computer).
EA decided to block my account, saying that i used third party software to "cheat" or "hack".
I tried to contact them twice, but they are not even gonna go through details.
I am sure they have access to the IP addresses that logged everyone's account and they are bored to even check those? These are the only evidence they got to prove themselves wrong.
I really can't mess with EA anymore. And somehow, someone logged into my account, used whatever the hell they wanted, and I didn't even got notified about it.
There are definitely some privacy issues there EA.

So to sum this up, if you even get a notice or, you know, a block from EA, they won't really deal with you and the lads there are not into the mood of helping their own audience.

Leave your thoughts if you wish.
I hope some of the EA staff will see this.

Comments

  • IG-Calibre
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    option a - your own account is your own responsibility - do you use the enhanced security options that origin offers?

    option b - stop cheating
  • LOLGotYerTags
    8019 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    edited March 29
    Just because fairfight has suspended you, It does not mean you have cheated per'se.

    FairFight is not only a server side statistical analyser of whether or not you were cheating, Fairfight also suspends for things like boosting or abusing map geometry to get to places that under normal gameplay would not be possible.


    Boosting is the act of joining servers ( such as no kill servers ) Or farming unlocks by taking turns killing, reviving, Or any other prerequisite needed to complete an assignment.



    If you are boosting, You are by definition "cheating" the awards, unlocks and progression system, As you did not unlock the items through normal gameplay.

    http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/ROC/US/en/PC/BF4
    The following are some examples of conduct not permitted by the TOS, they are not a complete list of prohibited behaviors and you should refer to the TOS for further details:
    • You are not permitted to use offensive soldier names or tags.
    • You must not actively encourage other players to violate the TOS.
    • You must not organize any platoons or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
    • You must not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any data streams or transmissions to or from EA services, or use any application or software while using the Battlefield 4 services which are not approved by EA.
    • You must not exploit any bug or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in an EA product or service including but not limited to:
      • Intentionally using or sharing any bug found within any Battlefield 4 games, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage.
      • Directly or indirectly communicating the existence of any such bug to any other user of EA's games or services.

    Examples of abuse in Official Servers and Ranked Servers in violation of the TOS include, but are not limited to:
    • Taking turns killing, reviving, receiving ammo etc.
    • Abusing world geometry to your advantage without risk
    • Exploiting vehicle damage to repair indefinitely
    • Creating a play environment which, by definition or action, creates an inflated scoring scenario such as 'flagrun'

    Granted, The above may be the ToS for BF4 however it is fair to say that it would also cover older and newer titles too.

    Also, Your account is your responsibility.

    It is entirely up to you to use 2 factor authentication or not, The reason it is not mandatory is because not everybody feels like they would need to use it, Or they don't want to mess around with putting codes in from apps or opening emails to gain access.

    If your account is not secured by 2fa I would recommend enabling it from within Origin or your account settings on ea.com and also changing your password.
  • warslag
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Cheating and now lying about it. How much further can you sink?
  • jjju
    111 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha
    edited March 29
    If it were someone else using your account, then change your password and turn on the 2 factor authentication. Once your temporary suspension expires in few days you can start playing again and with 2FA on, no one else would be able use your account even if they guess your password. It is as simple as that.
  • Violent_Rumble
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Canonblade wrote: »
    I played battlefield for around 38 hours

    Only one game on your account with 21 hours online.
    You have 17% accuracy with the automatico and 38% headshot/kill percentage.
    Seems legit.
  • Jinko_itx
    423 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    .....busted
  • FritzCT
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 1
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    option a - your own account is your own responsibility - do you use the enhanced security options that origin offers?

    option b - stop cheating

    Exactly this.

    You either have a compromised PC (and one that was exploited very quickly) or you are guilty as charged.

    Either way it's your problem, not EA's.

    IP addresses prove nothing because of VPNs.

    @Violent_Rumble where you getting those stats? It's not what I see on tracker. Seems like whoever cheated was bad even using cheats.

    EDIT:Ignore that Violent, just re-checked

  • warslag
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Canonblade wrote: »
    recently i received an email from EA saying that i got a block on my account for the next week.

    EA decided to block my account, saying that i used third party software to "cheat" or "hack".

    I tried to contact them twice, but they are not even gonna go through details.

    Just because fairfight has suspended you, It does not mean you have cheated per'se.

    He has admitted that he has been banned for a week for using 3rd party software to cheat.

    Now you're saying it doesn't mean he has cheated? How do you think that looks to everybody else?

    FairFight is only permanently banning 30 or so players a day worldwide plus a hundred suspensions which may or may not all be for cheating, as you say.

    I'm sure the people at FairFight are checking every detail before issuing a ban as there are such a small number of bans. Including matching his IP.

    Why do you try to find every reason to let him off the hook when he has been caught fair and square and, in actual fact, let off anyway with a lame 1 week ban for cheating?

    These people are cheating across multiple accounts, in lots of different games. They are stealing accounts, hacking accounts, stalking players, cheating, being hugely disruptive, and wasting a vast amount of our time and money.
  • JUZTIQ
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 1
    "Leave your thoughts if you wish."

    My thoughts:

    Busted kid!

    No mercy from me.

    I just look forward to the day in some near future where cheaters personal information is also handed over to the Police for "software violating" - or whatever its going to be called - and they are getting jail time as well as a huge fine for ruining game developers business and the product their customers purchase.

    That'll be the day all these spoiled ego-centric kids get a wake up call they understand.

    That'll be the day I open a bottle of champagne.

    ohhhhhh.......... I cant wait!!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    8019 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    edited April 1
    warslag wrote: »
    Just because fairfight has suspended you, It does not mean you have cheated per'se.

    He has admitted that he has been banned for a week for using 3rd party software to cheat.

    He has stated that he was suspended yes, But cheating is NOT the only reason fairfight can suspend somebody.

    FairFight ALSO kicks and issues suspensions for statpadding ( also known as boosting )
  • Micas99
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JUZTIQ wrote: »
    I just look forward to the day in some near future where cheaters personal information is also handed over to the Police for "software violating" !

    I look forward to the day when software developers harden their code, rather than relying on expensive government entities to do it for them. I also look forward to a day when "cheaters are customers too" is not an acceptable point of view.
  • warslag
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Just because fairfight has suspended you, It does not mean you have cheated per'se.

    He has admitted that he has been banned for a week for using 3rd party software to cheat.

    He has stated that he was suspended yes, But cheating is NOT the only reason fairfight can suspend somebody.

    FairFight ALSO kicks and issues suspensions for statpadding ( also known as boosting )

    Well, he said he has been banned for 1 week for using 3rd party software to cheat. I don't know why you're even saying about being suspended for something else. Can't you just tell him to stop cheating and that if he does it again he will be perm banned? There is no evidence that his account was hacked. He was just banned for cheating but for only 1 week.

    He knows what he did he's just lying about it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    8019 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    edited April 2
    warslag wrote: »

    Well, he said he has been banned for 1 week for using 3rd party software to cheat.

    Because he isn't "banned", He is suspended.
    warslag wrote: »
    I don't know why you're even saying about being suspended for something else.
    Because FF doesn't just suspend for a week for cheating, It can also suspend for statpadding or even abusing map geometry.
    warslag wrote: »
    Can't you just tell him to stop cheating and that if he does it again he will be perm banned? There is no evidence that his account was hacked. He was just banned for cheating but for only 1 week.

    Again, It's not so much a "ban" as it is a suspension, A FairFight suspension just means he will be unable to play for a week.

    IF however, His account is caught doing something further when the suspension is up, Then it will move to a full permanent ban.
  • NamelessForNow
    1178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can't you also be banned for an inappropriate emblem?
  • warslag
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »

    Well, he said he has been banned for 1 week for using 3rd party software to cheat.

    Because he isn't "banned", He is suspended.
    warslag wrote: »
    I don't know why you're even saying about being suspended for something else.
    Because FF doesn't just suspend for a week for cheating, It can also suspend for statpadding or even abusing map geometry.
    warslag wrote: »
    Can't you just tell him to stop cheating and that if he does it again he will be perm banned? There is no evidence that his account was hacked. He was just banned for cheating but for only 1 week.

    Again, It's not so much a "ban" as it is a suspension, A FairFight suspension just means he will be unable to play for a week.

    IF however, His account is caught doing something further when the suspension is up, Then it will move to a full permanent ban.

    Banned and suspended means the same thing. Banned for a week. Banned permanently. Suspended for a week. Suspended permanently.

    EA might use the word ban to describe a permanent suspension or suspension to describe a temporary ban. But that doesn't mean these words have taken on new definitions.

    That player has got a 1 week ban for using 3rd party programmes to harass other players. It's a pathetic punishment and everybody I've spoken to thinks so too.
  • Micas99
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »
    That player has got a 1 week ban for using 3rd party programmes to harass other players. It's a pathetic punishment and everybody I've spoken to thinks so too.

    Totally agree. It sends the message that cheating is fine up until you get caught the first time, in which case you'll get a one week ban (that's what it is). That's pathetic.

    Was just speccing some players on a BF1 server that I was sure was cheating, and was amused when FF reported that a player on that server was banned (it didn't use the word "suspension"). Whatever Dice did to reduce the amount of cheating going on for the past few months appears to have been circumvented by the cheat providers. There's a lot more cheating going on now than there had been recently.
Sign In or Register to comment.