On a scale from 1-11 how bored are you of BF1?

Comments

• DonSharkito
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    It just isn't fun having massive blowouts every match, it used to be there would be some fun matches in between blowouts.

Blowouts is about 95% of the game now. Just get those kills in and whenever the spawntrap or fog rolls around, whichever comes first ALT+F4.

Just had 7 CQ games, except one blowout the rest were OK and pretty balanced.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It just isn't fun having massive blowouts every match, it used to be there would be some fun matches in between blowouts.

Blowouts is about 95% of the game now. Just get those kills in and whenever the spawntrap or fog rolls around, whichever comes first ALT+F4.

I bet you and I have very different criteria for a blowout.
  • DonSharkito
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ok fair enough. For me a blowout is when a team completely stomps the other one which ends up sometimes in full cap and spawn traps. This kind of games are not interesting to me and I guess for most of the people here.

The games I had were pretty balanced in the sense both of the teams were fighting evenly most of the game and the control of the middle flags of the map for example were changing often. No team had complete control of the map or complete vehicle/air superiority.

It wasn't 950-1000 or 990-1000 games, but more 800/850 -1000 games which are not blowouts in my sense.
  • kreepypriest
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i’m around a 2..took a week off and played fallout 4 again and some star wars battle front 3..now i’m back in the saddle trying to get the black skins for the bar
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Ok fair enough. For me a blowout is when a team completely stomps the other one which ends up sometimes in full cap and spawn traps. This kind of games are not interesting to me and I guess for most of the people here.

The games I had were pretty balanced in the sense both of the teams were fighting evenly most of the game and the control of the middle flags of the map for example were changing often. No team had complete control of the map or complete vehicle/air superiority.

It wasn't 950-1000 or 990-1000 games, but more 800/850 -1000 games which are not blowouts in my sense.

It all depends on how they play out, one team can pull ahead early to a clear win and then just slack off towards the end and the other team gets some points on the board but the nerve was gone already after about 5 minutes. If it's 400 to 100 I don't stick around to claw my way back to an honorable loss 1000-800, I chalk that up as a blowout and move on. The chance of a comeback is too slim, especially post TTK.
  • DonSharkito

It all depends on how they play out, one team can pull ahead early to a clear win and then just slack off towards the end and the other team gets some points on the board but the nerve was gone already after about 5 minutes. If it's 400 to 100 I don't stick around to claw my way back to an honorable loss 1000-800, I chalk that up as a blowout and move on. The chance of a comeback is too slim, especially post TTK.

Fair enough. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like your are staying only in games you are winning and will quit 95% of the games if they are not in your favour.

Tbf I don't really care if I lose or win as long as the games are somewhat balanced. I will tend to quit the server if 2 successive games are complete blowouts.
  • von_Campenstein
    edited March 2018

Fair enough. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like your are staying only in games you are winning and will quit 95% of the games if they are not in your favour.

Tbf I don't really care if I lose or win as long as the games are somewhat balanced. I will tend to quit the server if 2 successive games are complete blowouts.

I leave plenty of games I'm winning too, finding no targets get boring fast and then there is the fog...

For the record I have stayed on seemingly lost games before and made a difference but that was pre TTK.

Score at the beginning is all you really need to see there, the title sort of gives it away.
  • Trokey66
    9038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I would rather lose a hard fought round than win a stomp.
  • RRedux
    743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still enjoy it, but I hope the next bf has a real anti-cheat, not the pile of rancid garbage that is fairfight.
  • -Antares65z
    1785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I would rather lose a hard fought round than win a stomp.

I've always wondered about some of these clans (none mentioned here) that seem to enjoy one-sided romps from their team stacking. It's like they find enjoyment in totally stacking their team and winning rounds with 1000-549 scores. No real challenge for them either. Yet they seem to find fun in it. I do not find enjoyment being on a winning team that is stomping the crap out of the other team. Where is the challenge? I will often change teams to the losing one to find that challenge and also more targets. Usually many on the team that is spawn trapped will huddle down and wait for the round to end. Who cares about the win/loss record in your stats. Nobody cares, nobody looks.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I hate to sound cynical, but it very much feels like digital planned obsolescence. With BF2018 looming on the horizon, I find some of the changes they have made and their approach to things recently pretty suspect.

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner! My EXACT thoughts. Call it conspiracy theories but folks, understand that EA is in the business to sell you a new game every year. Not every 2-3 years. I think EA finally realized that in order to accomplish their revenue goals, they can't make these games/support them as well as they have done in the past, like with BF3 and BF4. Sure, those games had problems but EA provided a lot of additonal support to remedy many of the issues. Look at how many people are still playing BF4 today. Many of those players never bought BF1. That's lost revenue in EA's eyes.

Also, by providing rented servers, communities/clans develop and this further encourages longevity in how long many players will stick with a game. Communities = socializing and that is one thing many players in these games are seeking in their lives, in addition to a video game. Take away rented servers and there is no common place for players meet up with their friends. Provide a game that is good and fun but plagued with technical issues, many of which won't be resolved, most players will burn out on the game after a year or so and then it's time to buy a new one. Mission accomplished for EA.

Problem is, they screwed up the server rental system.
  • -Antares65z
    1785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Problem is, they screwed up the server rental system.

If they fixed only two issues with RSP, that being 64/64[1] bug and having custom servers show back up in the regular browser, that would go A LONG ways in helping RSP be more successful. Hiding the custom servers from the regular browser will be the death of this game for many.

• trip1ex
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    they do so much to make their game as annoying as can be between the blowouts, the fog and other crappy weather, the Zerg, the crappy lighting, kits that disappear into the ground or blend in like Waldo half the time, the annoying bugs that patches introduce and stay for a month or two, the flakey browser and party system, ...

And the biggest problem is they know they have a game that does vehicles and infantry better than other games so they don't care to polish any of it up. Just keep shoveling more crap at the customer. By the time most notice how crappy the crap is, they have new shiny crap ready to serve.

/mini-rant
  • -Antares65z
    edited March 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »
    And the biggest problem is they know they have a game that does vehicles and infantry better than other games so they don't care to polish any of it up. Just keep shoveling more crap at the customer. By the time most notice how crappy the crap is, they have new shiny crap ready to serve.
    /mini-rant

You could look at it this way too. They sell you a game for $60 and you get a total of, let be conservative, 300 hours of total game play out of it. From an entertainment value perspective, that would break down to spending $0.20 cents per hour to entertain yourself over the course of a year. I can spend $12 to go see a two hour movie and often the movie quality isn't worth it. From EA's perspective, you're getting pretty good value for your investment. Aside from it's issues, it's actually a really great game. You want a really polished game that's going to work great and something you'll want to play for at least a few years? Well, that's going to cost you. Personally, I have no problem paying more money for a game if it works well and keeps me entertained for two years.
  • ssjsnoop
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Conquest 153-293 is not a seemingly lost game lol

The only reason I'm bored is because there should be 3 more Operations in this game like the initial season pass implied and as it stands now there are 10 maps not in Ops that should have comprised 5 more Operations.

I would definitely play a lot more than the 347hrs I put in if there were 14 or 12 Operations to play instead of 9.

• von_Campenstein
    edited March 2018
    ssjsnoop wrote: »

The only reason I'm bored is because there should be 3 more Operations in this game like the initial season pass implied and as it stands now there are 10 maps not in Ops that should have comprised 5 more Operations.

I would definitely play a lot more than the 347hrs I put in if there were 14 or 12 Operations to play instead of 9.

Having played 1497 hours I can tell you there is rarely a comeback from being down by almost double the score with the gap being over 100 points, especially not on a map where the so called behemoths spawn very infrequently. Most regular comebacks I've seen is the ottomans getting a train on Suez.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can skip everything,just dont care about it. Simple.

How am I supposed to not care about it? I paid for the game, the entire game. If I don't complete it, it's basically the same thing as lighting a certain percentage of the money you paid on fire corresponding to how much of the game is left unfinished.

You do know that not everyone wants to complete every single part of a game, right? Some people play purely for the gameplay.

Besides, there is one category of unlocks that is impossible to complete, because you have to have literally all of these requirements at the same time for all of the dog tags:
      There's no point in getting worried about completing the game, because it is literally impossible to get every unlock for this game.

I don't want to do this either, believe me. But if there is a part of the game that I can do, but don't, it's wasting money. I wouldn't pay for food just to waste some of it, so why should I be expected to waste part of a game?
  • trip1ex
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ssjsnoop wrote: »

It is. 99% of the time you won't see a comeback from that. 150 tickets is pretty much that point of no return or close enough. And that early in a match, to be down that many tickets is a terrible terrible sign.

IF that was the score in my game I would be close to giving up any focus on objectives. I'd still be in the game for another attempt or two at flags. After that it is sniper time or break time or do whatever but care about objectives time.
  • V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah in my experience if a game is 100- 250, it's going to be that all game. On the other hand I've seen plenty of 650-750 comeback games. It all depends on the first few minutes. I'd rather lose every game 950-1000, than win every game by 400 points, I either switch to loosing side or leave tbh
  • Se7enX89X
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    I know one thing for sure. I'm never buying premium for full price again after that stunt EA pulled by selling the game + premium for like 30 bucks before the 2nd dlc had even dropped...That was just dirty.