Battlefield 2018

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14501 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Wikstone wrote: »

They generally want the trailer to look great, Not a 3 hour mashup of footage like most of us do ;)
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The new bf title regardless of what it is should have realistic scope zoom. The whole screen zooms as if right now, why can the scope zoom and the rest of map outside your scope stay normal
  • cwarrent
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally love the changes they made to Hardcore (BUT I'm aware I'm in the minority) and can appreciate it's more fitting to the era (eg no mini map with icons).

BF1 generally is a nice change to a more manual form of combat but that's not to say I don't miss BF4 and it's modern setting.

I'd imagine DICE know that the changes made to hardcore eliminated a majority of that specific community.

Depending on the era for the 2018 game and their importance on regaining the hardcore audience will ultimately decide what they do later this year.
  • D5RAT
    2010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No hardcore from release = No BF2018 for me. Not been conned again
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ability to name a squad and set a profile for it would be my suggestions for new features. By setting a profile by a squad leader (relaxed/PTFO/Mic only etc.) gaming preferences could help to find like-minded players in matches.
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm a big fan of shooter games like battlefield, Planetside 2... But what's ever bothering in most games FPS games are snipers. I thought the quickscoping or noscoping was only infested Call of Duty and Planetside 2, but I was wrong, this plague is even in battlefield games.

For my first thought, snipers we're supposed to be slow and sudden killers - Where you see static target, take your time to aim, and shoot. But thats not the case.

I had this moments in battlefield 4, one Sniper Recon was constantly jumping, I take aim on to shoot with my AK-12, then out of suddent you die instantly headshot quickscoped or noscoped (Whatever of those). This just sounds abnormal for me, like a sniper should not be able to spam jump button or spam A - D bottoms and make instant accurate quickscope shots on your head.

Please for the love of god, I dont want to see Snipers/Recons pulling out such thing in Battlefield 2018, Battlefield V or whatever the developers gonna call it.

• Tovarisch_Maxim
    Yeah, I know, my english is extremely broken.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    If it's WW2 then they should be afraid to add Swastikas as they were a part of the **** and its embedded in our history

If anyone is against this that's fine but if show a swastika to a kid most likely he'll won't be affected...maybe he will?. Sure some will be offended by this, but it's apart of history and u can't pretend it's not there we all know it's supposed to be to there. DICE shouldn't try to please SJWs and feminists as then the other probably bigger apart of the community will offended that the game can't provide historical accuracy that doesn't affect gameplay, as I'm sure they'll add some inaccuracies to make sure the game is still fun to play

Again this all my opinion you don't have to agree
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm a big fan of shooter games like battlefield, Planetside 2... But what's ever bothering in most games FPS games are snipers. I thought the quickscoping or noscoping was only infested Call of Duty and Planetside 2, but I was wrong, this plague is even in battlefield games.

For my first thought, snipers we're supposed to be slow and sudden killers - Where you see static target, take your time to aim, and shoot. But thats not the case.

I had this moments in battlefield 4, one Sniper Recon was constantly jumping, I take aim on to shoot with my AK-12, then out of suddent you die instantly headshot quickscoped or noscoped (Whatever of those). This just sounds abnormal for me, like a sniper should not be able to spam jump button or spam A - D bottoms and make instant accurate quickscope shots on your head.

Please for the love of god, I dont want to see Snipers/Recons pulling out such thing in Battlefield 2018, Battlefield V or whatever the developers gonna call it.
    Hi,
    I agree this is one of the aspects of Battlefield that is stupid. Has been around for quite a few of the games in the series, and is an absolutely idiotic feature.
    DICE/EA are just interested in money, so they copy those aspects of other games that they think will attract more customers.
    Battlefield will never go back to its roots - and will continue to copy CoD to generate more revenue.
    The distinctions between Battlefield and CoD, are that Battlefield has larger maps, lag, bad hit detection, closed comms, superfluous changes being introduced, and persistent bugs that should have been rectified before any new feature introduced.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »

Hi,
    I agree this is one of the aspects of Battlefield that is stupid. Has been around for quite a few of the games in the series, and is an absolutely idiotic feature.
    DICE/EA are just interested in money, so they copy those aspects of other games that they think will attract more customers.
    Battlefield will never go back to its roots - and will continue to copy CoD to generate more revenue.
    The distinctions between Battlefield and CoD, are that Battlefield has larger maps, lag, bad hit detection, closed comms, superfluous changes being introduced, and persistent bugs that should have been rectified before any new feature introduced.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

That's funny cause many complain about lag, bugs, and superfluous changes in CoD too. CoD has also tried to copy BF features too...its not one way.

BF1 and CoD are miles apart.
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    That's funny cause many complain about lag, bugs, and superfluous changes in CoD too. CoD has also tried to copy BF features too...its not one way.

Really? All I heard from CoD fans is that every CoD that activision makes is always the same.
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    edited March 2018
    You know the fast-paced gameplay, quickscoping, wall running (Which is removed in CoD WW2, but still presists in many of the CoD games.).
    Gnow1370 wrote: »
    If it's WW2 then they should be afraid to add Swastikas as they were a part of the **** and its embedded in our history

If anyone is against this that's fine but if show a swastika to a kid most likely he'll won't be affected...maybe he will?. Sure some will be offended by this, but it's apart of history and u can't pretend it's not there we all know it's supposed to be to there. DICE shouldn't try to please SJWs and feminists as then the other probably bigger apart of the community will offended that the game can't provide historical accuracy that doesn't affect gameplay, as I'm sure they'll add some inaccuracies to make sure the game is still fun to play

Again this all my opinion you don't have to agree

This goes on my "Why next Battlefield should not be World War 2" list.

There are alot of reasons why I dont want the next battlefield to be World war 2.

- It will be no different from Battlefield 1. Battlefield 1 already looks like world war 2 shooter, but with nations from World war 1. I would prefer to see them doing a cold war setting, perhaps the 90's or just return the Modern setting back, but not the battlefield 4 Futuristic pretending modern setting game, I mean battlefield 3's modern setting, with realism and immersion.
    - World war 2 setting was overused like billion times in different games.
    - Lack of content, In more modern setting that Battlefield 3 and 4 had, you had loads of customisations, mainly gun attachments, World war 2 guns barely had any Gun customisation, which will result in lack of content, just like Battlefield 1.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Really? All I heard from CoD fans is that every CoD that activision makes is always the same.

Well they put in things...added some bullet physics, had a type of "levolution", added destruction. In the end both companies take what seems to be successful from the other. Everyone does....look at TV shows.
  • FightinFinn187
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well they put in things...added some bullet physics, had a type of "levolution", added destruction. In the end both companies take what seems to be successful from the other. Everyone does....look at TV shows.

I would argue that COD and successful in a gameplay sense shouldn't be used in the same sentence. As far as successful in the sense that they made a stupid amount of money off of it, sure! ;)
  • Crito3
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Will battlefield ever increase it's player count of 64? 10 years ago I thought we would have 256 player+ battles by now
  • FightinFinn187
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crito3 wrote: »
    Will battlefield ever increase it's player count of 64? 10 years ago I thought we would have 256 player+ battles by now

Personally, I'll take graphical fidelity over insane player counts.
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Lol. These maps are way too small to even handle 64 players properly. Objective placement is clustered and map sizes are shrinking. We are going into opposite direction title after title.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Lol. These maps are way too small to even handle 64 players properly. Objective placement is clustered and map sizes are shrinking. We are going into opposite direction title after title.
    Hi,
    With the amount of lag in BF, and the way that the server controls the majority of the gameplay, any increase will just create a bad experience.
    I get the occasional juddering on the PS4 every game - which makes no sense if the PS4 performs all the calculations - what seems to be happening is that the servers cannot keep up with the gameplay density.
    Increasing the number of players for the same server specification will fail, and i do not believe that DICE/EA are willing to spend a lot more on the servers - so larger numbers of players is probably at the limit, for the costs that EA are willing to spend.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • GrizzGolf
    1442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do you think we will hear more about this title in May?
  • BritanniaViking
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope BF5 is current time like Wildlands and Far Cry 5 with better graphics than Far Cry 5.
    Wildlands with Ghost War PvP is 75GB of fun!

This discussion has been closed.