Battlefield 2018

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Crito3 wrote: »
    Will battlefield ever increase it's player count of 64? 10 years ago I thought we would have 256 player+ battles by now

Lol. These maps are way too small to even handle 64 players properly. Objective placement is clustered and map sizes are shrinking. We are going into opposite direction title after title.
    Hi,
    With the amount of lag in BF, and the way that the server controls the majority of the gameplay, any increase will just create a bad experience.
    I get the occasional juddering on the PS4 every game - which makes no sense if the PS4 performs all the calculations - what seems to be happening is that the servers cannot keep up with the gameplay density.
    Increasing the number of players for the same server specification will fail, and i do not believe that DICE/EA are willing to spend a lot more on the servers - so larger numbers of players is probably at the limit, for the costs that EA are willing to spend.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

It's because the PS4 is doing all the calculations is why you have studdering.
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On the new BFV, it would be nice to see all past,present, and future Battlefield Characters duke it out in a battle royal 'time paradox' slug fest (game mode). To see who is top dog on BFV. Bring in everyone Dice. Personally, i would like classic maps that trigger memories of old with a twist of awe shhh. Every weapon thats in bf's arsenal, would be sweet. I would like to see an automatico go against some modern weapons. Whatever ya create Dice, it will be top notch. Thanks for taking the time to read this bf community. See you in the Battlefield
  • Roy2115
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    One of the best things about Battlefield is the team aspect. I love playing in a squad with friends. PUBG allows you to play in duos or squads, so last team standing wins. This might be great in Battlefield as a mode, much like conquest, rush, domination, etc, with a different spin. And I know someone joked about spotting in a Battle Royale game, but this could be a cool option in duo/squad games for better team communication when engaging an enemy. Maybe the spotted person only shows up on the mini map...
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    S0noran wrote: »
    ...It made me wonder how good it would be for a new battlefield to be focused on the modern era but not this BF4 high tech war...

bf4 is probably the most modern, not past, not future, warfare you're going to get... the most advanced part of the game is
    1. the minimap
    2. unlimited parachutes
    3. and the spawn points.
    that's bought it.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Both Westie and AKA ART posting BF4 vids today. Westie's is titled Urban Warfare. YouTubers have definitely play tested the pre-alpha of BF2018 by now. We're at the start of the 2nd quarter for EA so we should start to hear some chatter soon.
  • trip1ex
    5231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF2018 should use the graphical style of BF1942. But the animations should be modernized. The tick rate and network code should also be modernized. It should run at 60 fps minimum in the biggest battles.

As much as I wanted ww2 ...not feeling it after having bf1. Too similar. Although I guess tanks and planes would be quite a bit different. But I'm just afraid they would cheap out and give us everything else the same so it would feel like bf1 but with ww2 tanks and planes.

• Blackidus
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »
    BF2018 should use the graphical style of BF1942. But the animations should be modernized. The tick rate and network code should also be modernized. It should run at 60 fps minimum in the biggest battles.

As much as I wanted ww2 ...not feeling it after having bf1. Too similar. Although I guess tanks and planes would be quite a bit different. But I'm just afraid they would cheap out and give us everything else the same so it would feel like bf1 but with ww2 tanks and planes.

Yeah i would love a remaster of BF1942 too, so many awesome memories from that game.
    And yeah the WW2 era seems the most likely for Dice to do next, it would be the most cheapest and productive way to go. Most of the assets from BF1 can be reused as they are from almost the same era and areas. But they will probably tweak textures and modify the models a little bit.

And since WW2 whas such a tank and plane heavy conflict it will hopefully mean that we get bigger maps and much more wehicle combat. And i do really hope they go fully naval too like in BF1942 with fully playable submarines, battleships, landing crafts and aircraft carriers, that would rock.

One other thing i would like to come back is the map-editor. Let the gamers help with the content by making maps so the devs can focus on keeping the game stable. Of course the player made map cant be as "destructable" like the Dice made maps but still it would be really nice to see.
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hopefully there's elevation and counter positions for those elevated places. Very flat level design has grown old to me in Battlefield 1. Also, grappling hook and zipline type of tools for assaulting class with limited firepower at range.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    Blackidus wrote: »

And yeah the WW2 era seems the most likely for Dice to do next, it would be the most cheapest and productive way to go. Most of the assets from BF1 can be reused as they are from almost the same era and areas. But they will probably tweak textures and modify the models a little bit.
    Hi,
    Hmmm, so what are the odds that DICE/EA will reuse the code for BF1 and if you purchase BF V, it will work (campaign & online) from day 1 ???
    Or what are the odds that BF V will require at least 1 years of updates for bugs and netcode issues ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alucardgr wrote: »
    What is wrong on hardcore mode in BF1:

Cant see teammates on map(even with microphone you cant find your squad) = less fun
    cant see friendly units at all while u r in vehicles(recognise by uniforms)=less fun + teamkills
    Too many options of bullets damage( while in Bf4 there is a fine 60% health and 100% dsmage)

What they made is a REALISM MODE NOT HARDCORE

Make a new mode if you like but why to mess up with hardcore players?
    Even if bf1 is much more boring and doesnt look like BF game anymore(if you compare it with BF2+BF3+BF4) i could be able to play it if hardcore mode was the same
    (i dont forget that hardcore mode was delayed....if i knew it i would never bought the game )

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/3156300930547

This is a semi-hardcore server. FF still on. 200% damage. No spotting. But you see team icons.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hi,
    Hmmm, so what are the odds that DICE/EA will reuse the code for BF1 and if you purchase BF V, it will work (campaign & online) from day 1 ???
    Or what are the odds that BF V will require at least 1 years of updates for bugs and netcode issues ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Actually BF1 was in a much better state at launch than BF4.... so I'm gonna say BFV will continue this upward trend.
  • BritanniaViking
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lets hope we will have the famous maps in BF2018 like Norshar Canals, Damavand Peak & Battlefield 4 Siege of Shanghai. Well you can now start playing them in Far Cry 5!
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lets hope we will have the famous maps in BF2018 like Norshar Canals, Damavand Peak & Battlefield 4 Siege of Shanghai. Well you can now start playing them in Far Cry 5!

Dont forget Seine Crossing, that was a beautiful map
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seine Crossing with Operation Metro underneath for Battlefield V DICE pls.
  • -Antares65z
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please go post this topic in the Reddit BF1 CTE forum so the Devs will see it.
  • -Antares65z
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    alucardgr wrote: »
    What is wrong on hardcore mode in BF1:

Cant see teammates on map(even with microphone you cant find your squad) = less fun
    cant see friendly units at all while u r in vehicles(recognise by uniforms)=less fun + teamkills
    Too many options of bullets damage( while in Bf4 there is a fine 60% health and 100% dsmage)

What they made is a REALISM MODE NOT HARDCORE

Make a new mode if you like but why to mess up with hardcore players?
    Even if bf1 is much more boring and doesnt look like BF game anymore(if you compare it with BF2+BF3+BF4) i could be able to play it if hardcore mode was the same
    (i dont forget that hardcore mode was delayed....if i knew it i would never bought the game )

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/3156300930547

This is a semi-hardcore server. FF still on. 200% damage. No spotting. But you see team icons.

I ran a similar server on the west coast. 200% bullet damage, fast respawn but normal core settings with friendly fire off, health regen o, 3rd person in vehicles etc. It was very popular for the months that the Custom servers were showing up in the regular browser. Then EA decided to pull the plug on Custom servers showing in the regular browser and it became a ghost town.
  • Professor_RAWR
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know we all have different options but come on really? There are those out there that think that Battlefield 4 is the BEST Battlefield out there? Imo, it's the worse.... it's even still broken on the PS3 too! I didn't upgrade to current gen until late 2016 to Xbox One S and I still see similar bugs, glitches, unbalanced weapons, vehicles, maps, etc.

For me, it had potential but it failed. Do I still play it? Yes, sometimes, but most of the time I quit very early and head back to Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 1.

And I don't understand the hate on Battlefield 1. It seems here like the majority of the community here just hates World war settings and less customization.
  • Blackidus
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Well BF1 had one of the most stable launches of any later Battlefield games so?
    They learned from their mistakes from BF4 and will most likely learn from BF1.
    And by the way i´m not talkning about code here, code will allways change and be uppdated from game to game i´m talking about the visuals like props, weaponds, sounds and textures.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

And by the way i´m not talkning about code here, code will allways change and be uppdated from game to game i´m talking about the visuals like props, weaponds, sounds and textures.
    Hi,
    I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. It is just not in their DNA to achieve this.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. It is just not in their DNA to achieve this.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

You never saw the code so you don't know what they reused or not.

For a person who never purchased BF1 you sure have a lot of opinions on it based on no experience whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.