Domination Hackers

Comments

• FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2018
    FPSgamer69 wrote: »
    cheater maybe once per month. And lots of decent players will agree with that number.

so those who do not agree or not decent platyers
    lol nice logic.
    Type in a way you are always right or put down people who think otherwise.

How can we discus things if others are always wrong

If you really think servers are filled with cheaters and at least one third of playerbase uses cheats, you're just as delusional as any other hackusator. People should at least admit there are others who play way better than them and stop projecting their lack of skill on those pesky cheaters. That's what I'm trying to make clear. But as long as hackusating mentalities prevail it won't be possible to discuss anything.

ofcourse there are good players. And hackusations are not nice to hear all the time.
    But even if you are bad....like me....I see good players..but also enough cheaters.
    And i do not believe people hackusate because they enjoy it...but purely because they hate to play an expensive game with a cheater.

People throw hackusations purely because they got outplayed by skilled players. And because they don't believe skilled players exist, they had to call those cheaters. ALL OF THEM!

who are people?
    You generalize the same as the people you accuse,
    At least we are in balance ;)
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Havent caught one in awhile(about a month maybe a few week). Ill get on today and stram again as usual because apparently i still havent seen anyone fly around before in bf1 nor have ive seen 3 cheaters in one room. I have seen plenty of single man cheating but no where near close to 1/3rd of the population. My vods can def attest to that.

today I had an invisible guy killing our squad. Not sure if that is a glitch though or a cheat.
  • Wessmyre
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    cheater maybe once per month. And lots of decent players will agree with that number.

lol nice logic.

If you really think servers are filled with cheaters and at least one third of playerbase uses cheats, you're just as delusional as any other hackusator. People should at least admit there are others who play way better than them and stop projecting their lack of skill on those pesky cheaters. That's what I'm trying to make clear. But as long as hackusating mentalities prevail it won't be possible to discuss anything.

ofcourse there are good players. And hackusations are not nice to hear all the time.
    But even if you are bad....like me....I see good players..but also enough cheaters.
    And i do not believe people hackusate because they enjoy it...but purely because they hate to play an expensive game with a cheater.

People throw hackusations purely because they got outplayed by skilled players. And because they don't believe skilled players exist, they had to call those cheaters. ALL OF THEM!

Last ban wave was 8600 people. So they were just better than everyone else? MUHAHAHA.
    Go sit down kid.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

lol nice logic.

who are people?
    You generalize the same as the people you accuse,
    At least we are in balance ;)

Do I have to call every single hackusator by name or something?
    Wessmyre wrote: »

lol nice logic.

Last ban wave was 8600 people. So they were just better than everyone else? MUHAHAHA.
    Go sit down kid.

Adn where did I say cheaters don't exist? Hold your horses, my man. Before you start calling me a cheater.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

Obviously some people are quite good at the game, but people gonna cheat.... not being able to question the validity of an online gamer's legitimacy is not really fair

Being good at the game and cheating are not mutually exclusive. There are very good players that also use software to enhance their performance.
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

lol nice logic.

So what. A hackusation can be taken as a badge of honor for being a good player, if you are not cheating. It does nothing to hurt your game. You will not get kicked for a hackusation in a public server. We all know people hackusate, but saying that every player who plays good is just that, is pure craziness. We all know there are cheaters, but how many? This is a question that should be looked at by all. This number will tell us about how the anti-cheat is working, and that should be the issue. If the AC is working well you wouldn't have to worry about neither cheaters or hackusations. And you can never rule someone out as a cheater unless you are in the same room as them watching them play. People say you will never stop cheaters. I don't believe that. I think someday something will be done to stop and deter them from doing this, or at least make it decline dramatically, but if we keep looking the other way and stop demanding for better then it makes it look like everything is ok and the companies will not look for new ways to stop the cheaters.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14517 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 2018

Nobody is always wrong.

I haven't seen a cheater or anybody remotely suspicious in more than 6 months, That doesnt mean there aren't any.

You might join 8 servers in a row and see multiple cheaters, You might be playing for 5 months and not see anything at all..

Everybody will have their own experiences and their perspective will be different to others.

The trick is to stay away from DICE or Official servers, Those servers have no admin controls available for anybody to take action against cheaters.

Platoon run servers for example are great servers to play on as there are usually active admins on them to deal with a troublesome player before the server empties.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The trick is to stay away from DICE or Official servers, Those servers have no admin controls available for anybody to take action against cheaters.

Platoon run servers for example are great servers to play on as there are usually active admins on them to deal with a troublesome player before the server empties.

Great advice tbh, will try this from now on.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14517 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Also favourite servers that are well run.

Play on platoon servers that are ran by well known communities ( UP!, BFNations, NICE, LEB etc )

The effort you put IN to find well run servers will serve you well and will reduce your chances of running into them too.
  • FPSgamer69
    edited April 2018

Great advice tbh, will try this from now on.
    [/quote]

We have to stay away from official servers?
    The servers with admins do have "good players" also.
    There are few servers on which the admins really care.

I do play mostly on non official servers. Bu thank you for the advise. A pity we buy a game and the best advise is ..do not use the servers offered..lol

• Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Advising players to stay away from official servers as a method to cope with cheating is absurd. I prefer to play operations. Those are all official servers. How about EA/Dice do something about the very real cheating problem? Just a thought..

I need to add to my sig; hackusations are meaningless
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Been on for 4 hours now nothing suspicious yet. Looka likw theres a glitch where players sometimes are invisble but arent
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Advising players to stay away from official servers as a method to cope with cheating is absurd.

Well if you have something that will 100% work that is in the game right now and is 100% effective and has zero false positives then please, Suggest it.

Otherwise, Take the advice that has been given.

How about EA/Dice do something about the very real cheating problem? Just a thought..

They are, It's called FairFight and manually reviewing each case as it comes to light.

Some would say adding PB or Battleye would cut the cheaters down, But alas this is not entirely correct, Both PB and Battleye has been defeated a few times.
  • Skeater44
    Advising players to stay away from official servers as a method to cope with cheating is absurd.

Well if you have something that will 100% work that is in the game right now and is 100% effective and has zero false positives then please, Suggest it.

How about EA/Dice do something about the very real cheating problem? Just a thought..

They are, It's called FairFight and manually reviewing each case as it comes to light.

Some would say adding PB or Battleye would cut the cheaters down, But alas this is not entirely correct, Both PB and Battleye has been defeated a few times.

I have a question about the second part of your statement. How long does it take them before they review these cases? If you deal with a cheater day in and day out for a long enough period of time it's gonna make some people get discouraged and quit playing all together. In the beginning they said FF was giving false positives. What has changed? were they correct all along and now don't care what people that are caught are saying, or did they wait till the new feeling of the game had warn off as not to lose to many people, and not show they had cheater problem from the beginning?
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You removed the part of my post that indicated that I only play operations, and official servers are the only option.

You know for a fact that each case is "manually reviewed" and there is no automated banning process?

Because they were defeated - but then updated (you left that out, but yes it's an on-going cat and mouse game) - does not mean they (particularly BE) would not be more effective than exists in the game now. There is literally no other major shooter on the market now that relies entirely on analytics. That's the point many of us are making. The current system is not sufficient. Ultimately, EA/Dice make the decisions on how they protect their games and we make the decisions on whether we buy them or not. My suggestion is that the player base make it a financial imperative that EA/Dice do a better job. That includes banning on the first offense to offset this mentality that players can try out cheats without a get out of jail free card to play, and doing something about the trials - either getting rid of it entirely or putting trials on servers segmented from the paid players.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Skeater44 wrote: »
    I have a question about the second part of your statement. How long does it take them before they review these cases?

I believe it's entirely dependant on whether there is a backlog to be cleared or not.

Say for example 300 reports come in over the weekend and the staff that manually check accounts are away for the weekend, Those will need to be checked first and then move forward with the fresh reports.

Not only that but I think it's only reasonable to suggest that out of those 300 reports, Maybe two thirds are just someone reporting for something that appeared dodgy on their end, But it turned out it was a legitimate player and the person reporting perhaps had a ping spike, or packet loss, Or a visual bug that gave the impression that something untoward was happening when in reality it wasn't.
    In the beginning they said FF was giving false positives. What has changed?

A lot of players were saying they were getting flagged incorrectly, Those that were unfairly suspended had the infraction revoked.

FairFight is pretty much an anticheat which analyses set parameters set forth by the developers, e.g DICE will make notes that X cannot be possible during the normal course of gameplay, FairFight will detect an anomaly with a player's behaviour and other statistical data and will continue to monitor the account to ensure that the anomaly is not just a simple one off.

If the anomaly is found to be happening more consistently ( such as every round / every other round ) where under normal gameplay conditions would only be possible maybe once in 100 rounds, It will flag the player for manual review.

Do note though, This isn't an "inner workings" of fairfight, It is my interpretation of how the system could work logically.
  • Skeater44
    I have a question about the second part of your statement. How long does it take them before they review these cases?

I believe it's entirely dependant on whether there is a backlog to be cleared or not.

Say for example 300 reports come in over the weekend and the staff that manually check accounts are away for the weekend, Those will need to be checked first and then move forward with the fresh reports.

Not only that but I think it's only reasonable to suggest that out of those 300 reports, Maybe two thirds are just someone reporting for something that appeared dodgy on their end, But it turned out it was a legitimate player and the person reporting perhaps had a ping spike, or packet loss, Or a visual bug that gave the impression that something untoward was happening when in reality it wasn't.
    In the beginning they said FF was giving false positives. What has changed?

A lot of players were saying they were getting flagged incorrectly, Those that were unfairly suspended had the infraction revoked.

FairFight is pretty much an anticheat which analyses set parameters set forth by the developers, e.g DICE will make notes that X cannot be possible during the normal course of gameplay, FairFight will detect an anomaly with a player's behaviour and other statistical data and will continue to monitor the account to ensure that the anomaly is not just a simple one off.

If the anomaly is found to be happening more consistently ( such as every round / every other round ) where under normal gameplay conditions would only be possible maybe once in 100 rounds, It will flag the player for manual review.

Do note though, This isn't an "inner workings" of fairfight, It is my interpretation of how the system could work logically.

I understand that. The big thing that may tick players off is the thought that an AC should be instantaneous. It shouldn't take 3 or 4 days to realize that someone is using a damage boost hack, or is able to fly through the air without being in a plane. Sometimes it's what we think are little things that should be picked up on right away that aren't is what bothers people. I watched a video from about 6 months ago that had a hacker who was in a plane as a tail gunner that would do 45 damage per bullet to the other plane. They were both cheaters, the tail gunner and the person who put out the video, but you would think an anomaly like that would be picked up rather quickly, not days.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If they detect and ban a player the instant they start cheating then what would be the point of that player buying a new copy of the game to cheat?
  • Skeater44
    warslag wrote: »
    If they detect and ban a player the instant they start cheating then what would be the point of that player buying a new copy of the game to cheat?

There wouldn't be a point, thus cheating problem solved. Isn't this what we want?
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »

There wouldn't be a point, thus cheating problem solved. Isn't this what we want?

It's not what happens.
This discussion has been closed.