Did the soldiers bought their own gus in WW1? WAR BONDS?

artmugal
8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited April 2018
I dont get it? what is the point of this WAR BOND stupidity? is it there to annoy? I paid for the game now I have to pay more to buy guns? or is it something to do with making the experience more realistic? Did the soldiers bought their own guns in WW1? who the beep came up with this bright idea?
Post edited by artmugal on

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7532 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You don't have to pay more, you earn them in game to unlock. Its part of the progress.
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You don’t have to pay extra for vanilla weapons, you earn war bonds by ranking up. It is done this way to give you more of a choice in what weapons you want to unlock. As to whether or not soldiers bought war bonds in real life I can’t say.
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some soldiers did buy their own guns... but not with war bonds. The reason they did it in this game is simply to give you a choice of what to unlock when you rank up rather than having a linear progression.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its a game,games got progression systems.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    artmugal wrote: »
    I dont get it? what is the point of this WAR BOND stupidity? is it there to annoy? I paid for the game now I have to pay more to buy guns? or is it something to do with making the experience more realistic? Did the soldiers bought their own gus in WW1? who the beep came up with this bright idea?

Technically, certain part of certain military forces have had to pay out of their own pocket for weaponry, even so far as having every member of the military force pitching in to the fund for weapons.

For example, officers in WW1 were allowed to purchase their own sidearms. In fact, the elite forces of the Heer (WW2 German land forces) had to buy their own weapons, so they'd often have weapons that normal Heer infantry didn't have access to, such as Swedish made anti-tank rifles.
  • artmugal
    V2Face wrote: »
    I dont get it? what is the point of this WAR BOND stupidity? is it there to annoy? I paid for the game now I have to pay more to buy guns? or is it something to do with making the experience more realistic? Did the soldiers bought their own gus in WW1? who the beep came up with this bright idea?

Stupidity? I find this ironic..How about you play the game for more then one match before posting this half baked drivel here.

How about you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Stupidity? I find this ironic..How about you play the game for more then one match before posting this half baked drivel here.

How about you ****

How about you stop being toxic and abide by the rules.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You literally believe that you have to purchase war bonds just as you purchased the game.

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

You literally believe that you have to purchase war bonds just as you purchased the game.

Hold on, he actually believes that you have to pay an actual amount of money for war bounds?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I paid for the game now I have to pay more to buy guns?
    @Ferdinand_J_Foch
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. :p Give this kid a break though. At least he had the cojones to come here and actually ask that....
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »
    Yes. This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a while. :p Give this kid a break though. At least he had the cojones to come here and actually ask that....

I'd give him props if the question was properly asked. Or if he acknowledges the response to his "query".
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forgive me if I get this wrong as it's been a very long time since I unlocked any guns with war bonds but if I remember correctly it works like this.

When you go up a rank you are rewarded with a amount of war bonds which you can then use to unlock a gun which your rank has access to. As you progress up the ranks more guns will become available and you keep getting rewarded war bonds up to i think level 70. Which at this point you will have all the war bonds you need to have everything the vanilla game has to offer unlocked.

You can buy short cut packs with real money to unlock the guns straight away, but I wouldn't bother with parting with your hard earned money to buy them as it doesn't tack that long to get stuff you want unlocked.

The only guns you will need to pay real money to get will be the DLC guns.
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crswipe wrote: »
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »

I'd give him props if the question was properly asked. Or if he acknowledges the response to his "query".

I Think the result would have been the same. You're one in a million here. Hats off to ya.
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Much obliged!
  • artmugal

How about you ****

How about you stop being toxic and abide by the rules.

What was so toxic about the question? are your feelings hurt?