Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• clickingsounds
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    nothing new to add other than this game is a big bowl of sick and the issue has been happening for at least 4 days.

if we paid for some DLC like battlefront, would it get fixed sooner?

• EA_Alexander
    505 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Our teams are working to resolve the issue. In the meantime can you try connecting to the servers?

Thanks for your patience.
  • s0rtius
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Our teams are working to resolve the issue. In the meantime can you try connecting to the servers?

I literally joined a server and it fell over. It was one of the DICE Official servers.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They really don’t have a clue this mob do they?
  • clickingsounds
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I was on a server and supposedly DICE members were in it too and relaying things to the faultfinding crew.
    x5 server or something
    I am annoyed that this was not looked into 4 days ago when people were bringing it up, still cant access EA help withing BF1 main menu.
    handled very poorly
  • Lewk86
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Good grief, an official response. I've just fallen over.

Ooh, and so did the server I was playing in.
  • StarscreamUK
    6717 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Couldn't possibly think why officials rarely post in here.....
  • Nateoxide
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh god please help :( Crys out loud :'( Can't get servers to stay up longer than 3 minutes.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Really? If they can’t take a bit of criticism maybe they need to toughen up. What do you expect when your servers have been down for days? A nice,warm and fuzzy platitude?
  • SumwhatKrazy
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Wow just checked back in, surprised to see its still an issue. Thought about playing tonight. Jumped in Discord and hear everyone saying the same as here in the forums. Hopefully be fixed soon. Nates server went from "is full again" to "It just crashed again" lol. I guess if i want to play tonight and it still happens i'll just have to put up with my 170 ping in Asia for a bit longer.
    Iam glad to hear you guys have been contacting them and to hear its being worked on though.

Yeah people shouldn't be rude but you cant blame them/us for being unhappy.
    Nateoxide wrote: »
    Oh god please help :( Crys out loud :'( Can't get servers to stay up longer than 3 minutes.

Money well spent eh, mate? :P
  • StarscreamUK
    6717 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 2018
    You got a response. That's more than most other issues ever get. The fact that you got a response shows a willingness to communicate more. That's something we've all wanted for a long time.

Think about it logically too. All servers run the same code, so its likely to be something localized to the Oceania region. If it was as simple as something in the server itself it would be more widespread.

My first thought when I saw this thread on day one was perhaps a node was down.
  • IIIISOLACEIIII
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

And after 3 days of this issue can you not understand how server administrators that pay for hosting rights of this game, build up a player base and get neglected on these forums are slightly frustrated?
    In stead of a rebuttal to the comment by this member you should have highlighted it to official channels earlier, but no..... We had to play ping pong on twitter and reddit to get this response after 4 days. So please excuse the comment :)
  • Ferallllllll_
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That's the issue you'll have when a company you work for breaks stuff more than fixing their products. Also breaking something so bad that two countries cannot play really invigorates mob mentality

But really it took two days for anyone from EA or Dice to even acknowledge there was an issue.
  • StarscreamUK
    I did. I already posted that I had reached out, but hadn't received a response. If I posted. Back on everything I didn't have an answer to I'd get "why post if you have nothing to tell us"

Catch 22 situation. All I'm saying is remain calm, losing your rag on here won't speed it up, it won't get it fixed any faster.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited April 2018

It’s not an issue about posting it’s more about listening to your customers because at the end of the day that’s who we all are-we pay for a product and it’s not working and we bring it your attention but nothing happens for days on end. This is the only online game I play and probably a few of us out there.

Have you thought that if maybe they frequented these forums that they would be able to get onto these issues quicker and fix them before they get out of hand? Typical head in bucket brigade. Yes you are here as a quasi official but there is not much you can do -with all due respect as I realise you are a volunteer.

• EA_Alexander
    505 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

Really? If they can’t take a bit of criticism maybe they need to toughen up. What do you expect when your servers have been down for days? A nice,warm and fuzzy platitude?

You can be sure that we can accept different types of criticism, but that was just plain rudeness.

Again, thanks for your reports. There is no ETA at the moment, but we'll keep you posted.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited April 2018

You can be sure that we can accept different types of criticism, but that was just plain rudeness.

Again, thanks for your reports. There is no ETA at the moment, but we'll keep you posted.

If I wanted to be rude you probably would have deleted my comment , that’s nothing and really if you are offended by such a comment saying you don’t have a clue which is factually true as you can’t tell us what the problem is after four days at least then you really need to take a look at yourself in the mirror.

Calling customers rude when they are venting their frustrations isn’t exactly the best way to de-escalate the situation. Maybe you need to put yourself in our shoes. Some empathy goes a long way to retaining customers.

• froyd12
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i was threatened by StarscreamUK a moderator for my post about dice/ea servers
  • EA_Alexander
    edited April 2018
    If I wanted to be rude you probably would have deleted my comment , that’s nothing and really if you are offended by such a comment saying you don’t have a clue which is factually true as you can’t tell us what the problem is after four days at least then you really need to take a look at yourself in the mirror.

Calling customers rude when they are venting their frustrations isn’t exactly the best way to de-escalate the situation. Maybe you need to put yourself in our shoes. Some empathy goes a long way to retaining customers.

We usually don't delete comments, but since the forum is moderated it was necessary to point out that your first comment here was not in line with the community rules and can't be called criticism by any stretch of the imagination. Otherwise, we completely understand your frustration.

Post edited by EA_Alexander on
  • CaptCrustynuts
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018

Rudeness? Your company has ignored an entire country of customers and server admins for days before even acknowledging the problem in a tiny post on a forum. No official announcement, not even an apology. I’ve never seen anything like it. We pay good money for this. We don't expect the problem fixed right away, but we expect a an absolutely MASSIVE problem like this to be acknowledged. This is unforgivable. Say goodbye to at about 50% of your Australian PC market EA, including me. And EA_Alexander, get some customer service training mate.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!