113-3 plane score on operations seems balanced

Comments

• KorpusDraige
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    juhmu wrote: »
    Flying in this game is so easy? Take heavy bomber, fly high as you can and boooom! Free kills.. We dont have skyroof anymore :D

Not when you have other planes on your slow bomber that can NOT dogfight.
  • juhmu
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This new heavy bomber is flying higher than AA range. And planes cant fly that high + if you have support repairing? Support can repair your bomber faster than planes are making damage against bomber..
  • elc0m0d0re_87hf
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get a proper plane and take him down. Also you can use the repair tool of the support class to get the aa gun working or just use their LMG to take them down. In the worst case team up with your squad, invite them to a party and give them instructions
  • KorpusDraige
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    juhmu wrote: »
    This new heavy bomber is flying higher than AA range. And planes cant fly that high + if you have support repairing? Support can repair your bomber faster than planes are making damage against bomber..

I don't think you know how to properly attack and properly aim in a plane if you're making that statement. lol
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

There are certain sectors where good pilots can go ham but for the most part there are AA options available that can give the best pilots issues if the team decides to take advantage of them. You also don't run into as many issues with random snipers shooting you off a lot of the locations because the game play is more linear. I only play Ops and I have no problem taken down Attack Planes and Bombers with the AA emplacements. My basic rule of thumb is that if they kill me twice they're done. I have 923 AA kills and very few are on infantry.

The number one rule is - Don't shoot until they are in range to kill or you will show up on the mini map and they have a chance to kill you first.

Most people screw around on the AA shooting infantry and tanks while waiting for the plane and a good pilot will either kill you or keep his distance based on your position lighting up like a Christmas tree.

When I first starting flying, the AAs were a problem for me but not because they were over powered but because I was still learning. Now when I fly, I know where most of them are and how to avoid flying into their attack range.

Most of the time when I get shot down, it's because of another pilot or the rubber banding throws me into a building/tree/water/ground. Whether it is Operations or Conquest, it amazes me how very few players ever make an effort to shoot down aircraft. Those who do jump on the AA start firing before I'm in range and all that does is give away their position. Once they start shooting I can hit the spot button, maneuver around for a better approach then drop darts on them. 9/10 I take some damage but manage to get away and repair. When I do get shot down by an AA it's usually because the player started firing after I was well within their target range, but as you said, most just screw around.

I have personally shot down aircraft using AA, tanks and the field gun (my personal favorite). A little team coordination can go along way in preventing someone from going 113-3 in a plane.

• TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone knows the planes need nerfed. Especially the bomber
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Emporer2 wrote: »

There are certain sectors where good pilots can go ham but for the most part there are AA options available that can give the best pilots issues if the team decides to take advantage of them. You also don't run into as many issues with random snipers shooting you off a lot of the locations because the game play is more linear. I only play Ops and I have no problem taken down Attack Planes and Bombers with the AA emplacements. My basic rule of thumb is that if they kill me twice they're done. I have 923 AA kills and very few are on infantry.

The number one rule is - Don't shoot until they are in range to kill or you will show up on the mini map and they have a chance to kill you first.

Most people screw around on the AA shooting infantry and tanks while waiting for the plane and a good pilot will either kill you or keep his distance based on your position lighting up like a Christmas tree.

When I first starting flying, the AAs were a problem for me but not because they were over powered but because I was still learning. Now when I fly, I know where most of them are and how to avoid flying into their attack range.

Most of the time when I get shot down, it's because of another pilot or the rubber banding throws me into a building/tree/water/ground. Whether it is Operations or Conquest, it amazes me how very few players ever make an effort to shoot down aircraft. Those who do jump on the AA start firing before I'm in range and all that does is give away their position. Once they start shooting I can hit the spot button, maneuver around for a better approach then drop darts on them. 9/10 I take some damage but manage to get away and repair. When I do get shot down by an AA it's usually because the player started firing after I was well within their target range, but as you said, most just screw around.

I have personally shot down aircraft using AA, tanks and the field gun (my personal favorite). A little team coordination can go along way in preventing someone from going 113-3 in a plane.
    Everyone knows the planes need nerfed. Especially the bomber

Uhh... All the talk of nerfing bombers needs to be nerfed...
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

I typically don’t worry about the planes. They don’t bother me, so I don’t spend much time worrying about them. I did shoot one down with a field gun on Empire’s Edge, though. You’re right. That was a personal favorite!
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That feels like flaming. And you lack credibility to challenge my opinion. I need buffed to have a larger platform to educate my fellow warriors.
  • crswipe
    That feels like flaming. And you lack credibility to challenge my opinion. I need buffed to have a larger platform to educate my fellow warriors.

Credibility?
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    Confused?
  • crswipe
    As for the definition of the term, no.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    Idk how. Seems pretty straight forward. As for op, I agree with you.
  • crswipe
    It players focused more on downing the plane, realising that the AA gun isn't the only option, planes wouldn't bother people so much. I find it rather a mob mentality aspect.
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

I typically don’t worry about the planes. They don’t bother me, so I don’t spend much time worrying about them. I did shoot one down with a field gun on Empire’s Edge, though. You’re right. That was a personal favorite!

The first time I took down a plane with the field gun was during the original Beta test. Hit a bomber dead on with the first shot. I probably laughed a good 2 or 3 minutes. It's such an unlikely weapon to use against them so it makes it that much more enjoyable.

If you compare the number of players on a team with the number of planes in the air, proportionally, planes really don't affect the game very much or really cause that much of a problem. For every 2 or 3 players a plane kills, there is 30+ elsewhere on the map capturing objectives and killing other players. The difference is even greater on maps like Fao Fortress where each team only has one plane. Snipers harass and kill more players than planes do on that map.

I bet if someone really took the time to break down the performance and effects the planes, tanks, and infantry have on the battlefield, and compared them all, I wouldn't be surprised if it is discovered that the planes don't affect the match that much (if at all). I love flying in BF1 and I do what I can to support my team when I'm in the air, but that really just comes down to spotting/flaring, calling out enemy movements, shooting down enemy planes and taking out lone/camping soldiers. Tanks affect the battle more than planes do.

All this "anti-plane" talk really is just people annoyed by the fact that they can't take aircraft down as quickly and easily as they could in Battlefield 3 and 4 (since we don't have lock on weapons anymore). Or the player is trying to camp/harass the enemy and a plane comes along and puts a stop to that with a strafe or bombing run. (I'm sure I've pissed off a few camping snipers by trench darting them and ruining their kill streak).

• KorpusDraige

The first time I took down a plane with the field gun was during the original Beta test. Hit a bomber dead on with the first shot. I probably laughed a good 2 or 3 minutes. It's such an unlikely weapon to use against them so it makes it that much more enjoyable.

If you compare the number of players on a team with the number of planes in the air, proportionally, planes really don't affect the game very much or really cause that much of a problem. For every 2 or 3 players a plane kills, there is 30+ elsewhere on the map capturing objectives and killing other players. The difference is even greater on maps like Fao Fortress where each team only has one plane. Snipers harass and kill more players than planes do on that map.

I bet if someone really took the time to break down the performance and effects the planes, tanks, and infantry have on the battlefield, and compared them all, I wouldn't be surprised if it is discovered that the planes don't affect the match that much (if at all). I love flying in BF1 and I do what I can to support my team when I'm in the air, but that really just comes down to spotting/flaring, calling out enemy movements, shooting down enemy planes and taking out lone/camping soldiers. Tanks affect the battle more than planes do.

All this "anti-plane" talk really is just people annoyed by the fact that they can't take aircraft down as quickly and easily as they could in Battlefield 3 and 4 (since we don't have lock on weapons anymore). Or the player is trying to camp/harass the enemy and a plane comes along and puts a stop to that with a strafe or bombing run. (I'm sure I've pissed off a few camping snipers by trench darting them and ruining their kill streak).

It depends on how the plane is used. You can target flags that are on your side but have enemies trying to take them and you can pick off the enemies to "defend" the flag, which in turns helps keep the flag on your side. You can strafe tanks to ease the pressure off of your infantry, which helps them move onto flags. You can spot flare for your team to help that way too. Everything is about helping, not one role wins the match. Without infantry, yes we would have no flags. Without tanks and planes, infantry wouldn't have it as easy, especially if the other team has punishing vehicle players and yours don't, you want your planes to help take out armor and sky.

In BF4 the jets hit harder over the planes in BF1 though, but still the planes have a purpose, if used correctly. :)
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    Stahp, you are retired. Go be retired ;)
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It depends on how the plane is used. You can target flags that are on your side but have enemies trying to take them and you can pick off the enemies to "defend" the flag, which in turns helps keep the flag on your side. You can strafe tanks to ease the pressure off of your infantry, which helps them move onto flags. You can spot flare for your team to help that way too. Everything is about helping, not one role wins the match. Without infantry, yes we would have no flags. Without tanks and planes, infantry wouldn't have it as easy, especially if the other team has punishing vehicle players and yours don't, you want your planes to help take out armor and sky.

In BF4 the jets hit harder over the planes in BF1 though, but still the planes have a purpose, if used correctly. :)

Very articulate points. Good stuff!
  • npcyqap4xs25
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I know who did that hahahahahhahaah
  • metalloaf
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That would be me :) Here's a video from my last Operations:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/q11 WAS A FRAUD/video/47627076

I got 3 x 8 kills at once in my favourite spot for planes in all the game.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/q11 WAS A FRAUD/screenshot/8597047

But still it's nothing to what I do in a tank. I once got 83/0 in a round of Rush :)