Buff Tanks

TheRudeJudeTTV
1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2018
I am tired of the vehicle discrimination. All too many players are always hating on the tanks. What did they do? They are easy to take out with teamwork. Almost every patch includes some kind of tank nerf. When will the tanks receive equality? They need a BUFF*!
Post edited by TheRudeJudeTTV on

Comments

• crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am now confused as to what you want to have nerfed. The tanks or the teamwork?
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry sorry, the flyboys are bringing down the iq around here.
  • crswipe
    Now it makes sense. Thank you.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    You are welcome. :)
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    Sorry sorry, the flyboys are bringing down the iq around here.

You just had to bring us flyboys into the discussion about your tanks...

I do agree that the tanks need adjusting though.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    Idc what team your on, but the tanks are getting the bad end of the stick. Just keep getting slower and more boring.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While I don't play tanker as much as I used to they do seem to be in quite a balanced place right now. If tanks are supported by infantry, or stay with the bulk of their friendly forces, then they can be pretty unstoppable but lone tankers can go down easily to a concentrated effort or a lucky/well placed/experienced assault player.

Tanks also did get sort-of buffed by the landmine placement change and while landmines are still viable they're not anywhere near as good as they used to be for killing tanks.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    One assault can solo a tank. There’s no ap or defense from an engi bomb except to play as passive as possible, but even then the tanks are soooo slow.
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    While I don't play tanker as much as I used to they do seem to be in quite a balanced place right now. If tanks are supported by infantry, or stay with the bulk of their friendly forces, then they can be pretty unstoppable but lone tankers can go down easily to a concentrated effort or a lucky/well placed/experienced assault player.

The problem with your logic is the part of staying with friendly forces. Even if the tank driver isn't going all Rambo and rushing the enemy lines, most friendly forces don't stay near the tank. Exceptions happen, of course but it's usually pretty easy to isolate even a conservative tanker and AT rocket them into submission.

• ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Emporer2 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

The problem with your logic is the part of staying with friendly forces. Even if the tank driver isn't going all Rambo and rushing the enemy lines, most friendly forces don't stay near the tank. Exceptions happen, of course but it's usually pretty easy to isolate even a conservative tanker and AT rocket them into submission.

I'd agree with that and I've probably been spoilt recently as I've been playing with my platoon when I've been in a tank so haven't had to rely on blueberries for support. Bit of rose coloured thinking on my part potentially.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lmao, tanks are fine the way they are now.

It still requires teamwork to take down a full health/fully manned tank, and it still takes teamwork to be as effective in a tank as realistically possible.

That's opposed to how tanks were balanced in the beta and right after release, where anyone who played the game could hop in a heavy tank solo and decimate a match.

Did you ever think that tanks received so many changes because they were way to easy for a single person to utilize?

Honestly, after A DECADE of having tanks in these games that one person could jump in and instantly become a versatile one-man-army - I'm glad that this game finally has ground armor that requires teamwork to be effective, instead of being a tool used by people to cheese as many kills as possible.

I'm glad that tanks can now be destroyed by 2 or 3 active and determined Assault players, instead of being a solo killing machine equipped with active missile defenses, thermal optics, auto health regen, a 360 degree fast rotating head with multiple types of cannons, and a friggin sprint button.

The tank nerfs have done nothing in terms of me not running away from them every time I see them because I play medic, or avoiding whole objectives tanks are on because I don't have a rocket gun in my hands.

Tanks are fine, people who use them primarily still usually outgun the majority of people that play infantry.

I don't know why people think vehicles in this game need to be powerhouses that make the game HYPER cheesy.
  • crswipe
    I think the game is balanced IF you understand how to play and counter vehicles. Letting planes and tanks roam while not even attacking them is OP, for all the vehicles are OP woes I see. Strategy and counter-strategy, it's what war is all about.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    @Loqtrall the same people saying tanks are good now, are also saying the planes are good when they are breaking 100+ kills a game pretty consistently. Yet a tanker may go 40-0 going full try hard and only certain maps. You try driving the pieces of trash up and town the terrain. Its awful. Being able to solo a tank is too easy in bf1. That’s a problem.
  • crswipe
    The only problem with planes getting 100+ kills a round is that no one does anything about them. So if a guy just dumps on you, and you do nothing about it, you deserve it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. Adapt to the gameplay and ye shall prosper!
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is from a player who thinks that bombers are overpowered. You would be the last person I would ask about tank balance. I can easily run up the board with the tanks now and before the nerf they are fine. Teamwork is always overpowered this is a team game after all. This isn’t BF4 you can’t solo the entire team with hyper mobile tanks with active protection. Learn to adjust or go back to tanking in BF4.
  • MWATTheRoof
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are easy to take out with teamwork only when you, as a tanker, letting them working as a team against you.

What do I mean? Let me share some pillars of tanking-wisdom:

KNOWLEDGE

… of basic tanking skills:

This is self-explanatory. You have to know how to pre-aim moving targets at various distances, driving backwards without getting stuck, maximize your accuracy to perfection in both 1st and third person, the usage of terrain to your advantage, etc. …
    The best usage of the tank's strengths in general and how to mask it's weaknesses!

… of gamer nature:

I've been with the Bf-Series for quite awhile, being a total noob once, became a tryhard comp player and now I'm at an age where you can't rely on twitch reflexes anymore :wink: , but being an analytical mind compensates a lot! While stereotyped thinking is obstructive in real life, it really helps in segregating different types of gamers correctly. Because each group acts in more or less same behavior patterns, which leads to different tactical approaches:

PASSIVE Class: All
    Doesn't mind in getting shot numerous times; easy prey. Basically every Noob you encounter.
    Counter-attack: Don't even stop while shooting at them, or better: Roadkill whenever possible

SINGLE SALT Class: Support mostly
    A low skill/mediocre player who got smacked at least two times is now trying to get the best of you with easy to figure out tactics. Rarely successful …
    Counter-attack: Take your time to finish them. Don't be ****. Check your surroundings.

SWARM SALT Class: More and more Assault as your slaughtering continues …
    A group of single salts working more or less together. Can be tricky to handle when it's more than ten players at a time.
    Counter-attack: Prioritizing is key. Use terrain to your advantage. USE SMOKE!

TRYHARD Class: Assa(u)lt. Always.
    Now it's getting interesting! The more you kill them, the more they engage you relentlessly, sometimes hell-bent on getting one's own way. Expect receiving a love letter about your mom's relationships afterwards.
    Counter-attack: Just like for Swarm Salts, but more sophisticated. Know when to attack and when to retreat.

MASTER
    This is the folk you'll have to focus on all the time, especially when he/she is also an vehicular player. Drag them away from harming your team, draw their attention, neutralize each other. And send GG's afterwards :smile:
    Counter-attack: Everything you've learned from engaging folks of the other groups. Show them what you've got!

Trust me. 28000 Kills in Tanks while captured/defended a combined 23000 Flags in this Battlefield alone is a proof of concept. If you want to know more: ASK! :smiley:
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    Listen. The tanks can’t be “fine the way they are” if everyone agrees the planes are fine when they are leaps and bounds better than the tanks. I see the planes going 130 in operations. Tank goes 40-1 and the tanks need nerfed? Stahp. People are tank racist.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least buff the light tank
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Increase tank speed by 5x and double armor please
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Increase tank speed by 5x and double armor please

2.5 and 1x