Miracle floating plane

Skeater44
162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Dice, when you developed this game did you not notice that a pilot who seat switches can float longer than if he stayed in the pilot seat? I was able to float miraculously across 3/4 of the map Sinai compared to a little over 1/4 of the map as a pilot throttled down. I think this has been brought up before when we were asked to give feedback to help with the game, but I wonder if this is an oversight or was it meant to be this way?

Comments

• RocknKiwi
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dont listen to him Dice.. its our way to kill those annoying fighters.
  • Skeater44
    Doesn't really bother me, I just move and come back. I didn't know if there was a reason is all.
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    keep it like that just create a LSalt that is out of bounds at 1500' and lower for figther planes and 3000' and lower for bombers.
  • Skeater44
    3/4 of a map is a long ways to miraculously float with no pilot or throttle keeping the plane afloat. It should not go any further seat switching then it would if the pilot was flying it with no throttle. That's just crazy. I still want to know if it was meant to be like this or if it's something the dev's missed.
  • SirBobdk
    5323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    I mainly fly the TH AP and, in my opinion, it should not be possible to change seats at all. Especially not when the aircraft can float infinitely, and it does.
    BF should be about teamplay and if your without a gunner you should be in trouble in the AP. This is not the case right now.
  • Skeater44
    I just want to know if it's intentional? If it's a bug maybe they can fix it, but like I said, I think it may have been talked about before, but I'm not sure.