Australian Servers unusable for 4 days

General_Z0dd
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The original thread (which had a large number of reporters) has disappeared. A new one was created and the mods locked it citing that the original thread existed but it seems to have vanished.
We need this to remain high on the forum as it's a region wide outage for 4 days. This is unacceptable.
A quick look at the player count on a Friday night shows it's obviously a region wide outage.
How this isn't addressed in 4 days is beyond me. EA please respond with an ETA as the game is basically unplayable at the moment for this region.
In my job, a region wide server outage triggers a code red with all hands on deck to fix and constant reports to stakeholders on the progress of repairs. It rarely goes over 2 hours especially to roll back a patch, as appears to be the case here. It is head shakingly poor operating procedure to be 4 days into an impairment without either a fix, roll back or at the very least some communication on the issue.

Comments

• James297
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yup, why cant i find any info saying that they are aware of problems and are working on them. Absolutely CRAP communication! I work in IT, wouldn't even dream of not communicating problems affecting an entire continent!
  • woofnstuffnz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    good way to kill the game off in this part of the world, logged in just before and there were 2 (two) people trying to start a game, and that was it.
    feeling the love
  • Cpl_McCrumpet
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    This from EA tech board https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/AU-Game-dropping-out-unable-to-connect-to-servers/m-p/6735764#M28433...some 8 hours ago

EA_Atic
    Community Manager

Hello everyone!

We are aware of the issue and our team are investigating the problem. I don't for the moment have an ETA when it will be fixed.

/Atic

Its taken 4 days for them to acknowledge there is a problem in the region and that we aren't all imagining it and that its a server issue and not a players
    How long before its fixed is anyone's guess
    I am shocked and surprised at how slow the response has been especially in this day and age. 10-20 years ago yes fine Australia/New Zealand are out there somewhere down there, but this is 2018!
    To ignore an entire region is just inexcusable

• IBigThingyI
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Link to old post regarding topic. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/139730/australian-servers-are-all-down-constantly-crashing-today#latest As you can see the discussion became heated.....Surprised that it "disappeared" ;)
  • IBigThingyI
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A suggestion to Forum Mod(s) and /or Dev response team!
    Can we have an official response posted with actions that have been taken on these forums?
    This may relieve some of the frustration if someone took ownership of the issue. From a players perspective the Oceania player base has taken a big hit from this through the response's made by EA's support crew and lack of initiative in passing on information to the the necessary people to formulate a response plan.

Regards ;)
  • Pvt_Skugge
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are assuming all the players will be back and happy when they eventually fix it. I won't... I'll find a game where the devs don't throw a whole region in front of the bus.
  • SS142
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Servers seem stable now for the time being, give it a try.
  • azkatov
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Has this been fixed yet? I'm currently at work and going to make plans after it, either go home and play BF1 since I haven't been able to play for days or either go to the movies.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    @General_Z0dd

The original thread was moved to General Discussion for more visibility: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/139730/australian-servers-are-all-down-constantly-crashing-today

We've also made an announcement here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/139842/battlefield-1-australian-servers-connectivity-issues

I'm closing this thread as it's a duplicate.
This discussion has been closed.