Domination Hackers

Comments

• 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • ECH0_MIRAGE
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Back in bf3 and bf4 I did also some calculations, based on PB banlist, own server ban list and with an error of 50% that didn't get caught I also came on 2 to 3 % that is cheating.
    Even Dice anti cheat team said back then in bf4 that 98% of the hackusations where false.

A good point, this. We've always seen a >50:1 ratio of cheater reports to actual cheats through BF3/4. The vast majority of players wouldn't know a cheat if one was having lunch in their living room; that's symptomatic of players not understanding the game itself.

It should be noted that when a known (to the server) 2000-hour good player makes a quiet report to admins that something's up, the probability that it's a good report goes up radically.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14517 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Well today I had my first hackusation

vpcDsyg.jpg

They had one player more than we did and we were spread out thinner across the various flags

This one person didn't realise I'd seen him as I threw an incendiary his way after A flag had just been capped by them on Argonne, You know the little alley leading from A to the train tracks, He thought if he shifted a little more to the left ( his right ) so he's touching the rocks, That I wouldn't be able to hit him.

Wrong.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well today I had my first hackusation

vpcDsyg.jpg

They had one player more than we did and we were spread out thinner across the various flags

This one person didn't realise I'd seen him as I threw an incendiary his way after A flag had just been capped by them on Argonne, You know the little alley leading from A to the train tracks, He thought if he shifted a little more to the left ( his right ) so he's touching the rocks, That I wouldn't be able to hit him.

Wrong.

Mate, 2 days ago one guy complained how was it possible for people to know his location. And when he was told that spotting exists for a reason, he asked what's spotting. Really makes you think.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    F_b0mb3rs wrote: »
    I'm going to uninstall the game like all of the other noncheating players, who get tired of the hackers. I've reported people for years and it just falls on deaf ears from EA, Dice and others. It's like EA and Dice just put the report button there for real world threats against people. Anyway, it's such a shame, I had to uninstall Battlefield 3, Hardline, Battlefront and now Battlefield 1, because of cheats. Year after year the companies do nothing to stop the hacking. I guess they should just baby the hackers with temp bans.
    Sounds like someone was getting wrecked and didn’t like it.

People get wrecked by cheaters now and then, is it supposed to be fun?

What does a good players score look like in a Dom match to you?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14517 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Mate, 2 days ago one guy complained how was it possible for people to know his location. And when he was told that spotting exists for a reason, he asked what's spotting. Really makes you think.

It does yeah, Spotting is even in the campaign and there are hints in the campaign which show you how to spot enemies too.

I think the hackusations were more rife in BF4, What with the commander and all.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It does yeah, Spotting is even in the campaign and there are hints in the campaign which show you how to spot enemies too.

I think the hackusations were more rife in BF4, What with the commander and all.

To be honest, I've played different multiplayer fps games during last 12 years and unfortunately bf community has the biggest amount of hackusators of all kinds. In other games people will call cheats when there is a cheater on server. In battlefield it's a complete different story...
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    One hackusation is not the end of your life.
    Not nice..but even happened to me as an average/bad player.

I guess hackasation tears blur away the FF info about how many people get banned in the last 24h
  • TheNoobPolice
    1652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Hackusations are not the problem, it's when someone cries so much in the chat that you are aimbotting that the badmin kicks/bans you anyway, like has just happened to me right now.

I hope DICE at least supports official servers longer than they did in BF3/BF4 etc, as I absolutely can't stand constantly trying to find a populated community to play in that isn't run by cry babies.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All the whining about hackusations is getting a bit silly (see my sig). I can understand it's annoying getting banned on a server that you weren't cheating on. It happened to me in BF4 on the G4L servers. Basically that clan played on their server and didn't like anybody better than them on it, so me and many people I frequently play with got the boot. No big deal, play elsewhere.

I still find it weird that people use threads like this to complain about hackusations when it's been said over and over that hackusations don't matter. If you get banned from an RSP server, then that's their server and they can ban anybody for any reason they want. Not like there isn't other server.

It's pretty much boilerplate instructions from cheat sites to obfuscate exactly like we see in this thread. Drown out the people who are legitimately seeing cheats and wanting Dice to do something about it because the current system isn't effective.

... or spend the 5 bucks the guy above mentioned. That's one less burger for the month so actually the healthy option! Get caught, get slapped on the wrist, and go on your merry way. Get banned, start the trail route. Rinse, repeat as necessary.

The current system is so messed up.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are not legitimately seeing cheats for the most part. You come off a bit thick.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No-one here is complaining about receiving hackusations, they are a mundane part of the experience. Baseless hackusations are used here to illustrate how out of touch a big part of the player base is.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are not legitimately seeing cheats for the most part. You come off a bit thick.

You have no evidence to base that on. Zero. Nadda. Zilch. And you haven't played BF4, at least on that account, and your origin profile is private, while following the cheat-site approved obfuscation of this thread. I totally get it now.

The player base is quite "in touch" in the sense that there are plenty of people like me (check my stats in BF4 and BF1, check my -open- profile) that think cheating is a problem and the current solutions are insufficient. That's all we're saying. The AC needs to be better. That means your whining about players being "out of touch" is totally meaningless, just exactly as false hackusations are meaningless.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    Well that didn't take long. I hope once you calm down you are at least a bit ashamed of yourself. This is exactly why these threads should be closed as a matter of policy. The moderators can deal with you as they please.
    I have no BF4 stats as this is my first multiplayer FPS. I have written about my journey to improve my skills at length here. Maybe you should try challenging yourself a bit, might help you break that plateu.
    The guys I roll with have a totally different take on the current cheater situation. It was different a year or so ago when you last swore off this game. Then we were on the same side, check your upvotes and my post history. If you can't notice how things have improved, I can only wonder your level of awareness.
    Now close this please.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well that didn't take long. I hope once you calm down you are at least a bit ashamed of yourself. This is exactly why these threads should be closed as a matter of policy. The moderators can deal with you as they please.
    I have no BF4 stats as this is my first multiplayer FPS. I have written about my journey to improve my skills at length here. Maybe you should try challenging yourself a bit, might help you break that plateu.
    The guys I roll with have a totally different take on the current cheater situation. It was different a year or so ago when you last swore off this game. Then we were on the same side, check your upvotes and my post history. If you can't notice how things have improved, I can only wonder your level of awareness.
    Now close this please.

The threads can be closed, but does this really help?

The cheaters are still out there.. shall we pretend they don't exist.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now close this please.

It’s the good players...
  • MachoFantast1c0
    DICE doesn't need forum tantrums to work on their AC. They have actual data and experience, which has lead to at least temporary respite from the worst offenders. I am confident in both their will and ability to fight against cheating.
    As to your title question, it has been answered. Stay off of Dom servers when top talent shows up, unless you are willing to challenge yourself and become better for it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    Now close this please.

And how does this thread help fighting those cheaters? By posting the same stuff over and over? All of you have been told by EA that they are dealing with cheaters and improving FF all the time. What else do you want? A cookie?
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We have heard this for a long time now, but still the cheaters are out there in the shadows..
This discussion has been closed.