Do you ever just suck at BF1?

Squizzy72
31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited April 2018
Ok I'm new to BF1, but I just seem to have days where I'm on fire one game and like a potato the other. Some days my aiming is on the mark and I can do no wrong others I couldn't hit an elephant, I realise we have good and bad days but just interested if anyone else has these days especially from the longer term players who know their stuff (and are always destroying me!) so do you have games where you say to yourself "man I just suck"...

Comments

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Squizzy72 wrote: »
    Ok I'm new to BF1, but I just seem to have days where I'm on fire one game and like a potato the other. Some days my aiming is on the mark and I can do no wrong others I couldn't hit an elephant, I realise we have good and bad days but just interested if anyone else has these days especially from the longer term players who know their stuff (and are always destroying me!) so do you have games where you say to yourself "man I just suck"...

One thing I did was made sure that my internet was as consistent as possible. I completely shut down my Xbox after every session so its a fresh boot each time I play and I also reboot my router before playing. And that is even before getting into the router settings and hard wired vs wifi aspects of it.
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Basically every match.
  • Squizzy72
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018

One thing I did was made sure that my internet was as consistent as possible. I completely shut down my Xbox after every session so its a fresh boot each time I play and I also reboot my router before playing. And that is even before getting into the router settings and hard wired vs wifi aspects of it.

Yeah cheers mate, yes I've done all that unfortunately the issue is just me lol one moment I feel like Rambo the other well more like a **** snail...
    Post edited by Squizzy72 on
  • zombifiedstalker
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Basically every match.

Yep
  • davey7304
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rank 140 that how many hours I've put into the game and not skill and only today I went 3-17. 5 of those deaths due to bad spawns. Then an hour later was best squad and 4th on the leader board.

We all have our moments.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Days?

My ability changes by the round......
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh my yes op. I've had days where my 3 shot weapon kills in 3 shots, then others, where I can't hit the broad side of a barn and when I finally do I can spend half a clip killing someone. I've had days where I've played on maps with no fog, rain or dust storms all day and others where every map i played had one or the other. I won't go into spawning or respawning, nobody's got time for a book.
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everytime I pull the gasser. Usually miss the first two shots. Surprised I even have 90 kills with it.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All the time.
  • Qu33nG3mini
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ve only been playing for 6 weeks, so of course I’m terrible on multiplayer... my team keeps telling me to practice practice practice...they can suck it..
  • crswipe
    You don't have to amass a great amount of kills to be good. Play smart. Exploit mistakes made by the enemy. But it all boils down to who you play with and against. I have found the more times you play in match that your team is getting slaughtered in, the more actual experience you can gain. Fortune favours the brave and you always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Keep in mind sometimes the enemy team will be much stronger than your own team. In these type of rounds you can't let yourself tilt. Stay positive and just play defensively since the enemy team will have zone dominance over the majority of flags. Try and seek out enemies who get out of position and punish them for it. But if you get out of position against a team that's dominating your own you'll have nowhere to go other than the redeploy screen.
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Happens to me all the time. I could play 5 rounds of conquest and one or two of those will be great and the other 3 horrible. There are matches where I can get into a fighter at the beginning and dominate, ranking it best pilot, most vehicles destroyed, etc and then a match or two later I can't stay more than 10 seconds in the air before I'm a gooey stain on the hillside.

When I have 3 or so bad matches in a row, I just stop the game, back out and take a breather then come back in later. The longer I stay in bad matches the more frustrated I get at myself and at the game and all I do is hinder myself.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Emporer2 wrote: »
    Happens to me all the time. I could play 5 rounds of conquest and one or two of those will be great and the other 3 horrible. There are matches where I can get into a fighter at the beginning and dominate, ranking it best pilot, most vehicles destroyed, etc and then a match or two later I can't stay more than 10 seconds in the air before I'm a gooey stain on the hillside.

When I have 3 or so bad matches in a row, I just stop the game, back out and take a breather then come back in later. The longer I stay in bad matches the more frustrated I get at myself and at the game and all I do is hinder myself.

Ain't that the truth.......
  • crswipe
    I have this theory that how can we truly enjoy the good if we don't experience the bad. It was based on beer initially, but having an awesome match might not be as exhilarating if we haven't had a few bad ones to realize that it was great. Just sayin'...
  • Trokey66
    crswipe wrote: »
    I have this theory that how can we truly enjoy the good if we don't experience the bad. It was based on beer initially, but having an awesome match might not be as exhilarating if we haven't had a few bad ones to realize that it was great. Just sayin'...

Deep........
  • BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yes, try Overwatch and you'll see that your theory doesn't hold up because we as humans focus too much on and remember very clearly moments of rage, anger, tilt etc... We hold on to these more than we do the positive moments. Its why I don't play Overwatch anymore despite the highs being higher than anything I've experienced in Battlefield.
  • crswipe
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Deep........

I have a lot of time on my hands. Alcoholism helped too...
  • crswipe

Yes, try Overwatch and you'll see that your theory doesn't hold up because we as humans focus too much on and remember very clearly moments of rage, anger, tilt etc... We hold on to these more than we do the positive moments. Its why I don't play Overwatch anymore despite the highs being higher than anything I've experienced in Battlefield.

You sound stressed and pessimistic. You should try the theory in the beer sense. But just to prove it does work, apply it to relationships.
  • BaronVonGoon

You sound stressed and pessimistic. You should try the theory in the beer sense. But just to prove it does work, apply it to relationships.

Loool I'm not though I'm a very mellow dude but probably take gaming more seriously than I should.