This Week in Battlefield V

Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Attacking the moderation team serves no purpose.
  • 1tass
    35 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Whilst I understand the frustration. Nothing other than the official response already given can be said as yet.

I think that’s half the frustration the community is feeling at the mo. Being left completely in the dark for this long is pretty ridiculous
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    We understand that, but we cannot make exemptions.

We can't say ANYTHING other than the official ea response. We have nothing we can do or pass on.
  • elkenyo
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All I could get from the online support - undoubtedly not a reliable channel, but maybe this will save someone else the trouble;
    Thank you for contacting us. Stefan will help you soon.
    Stefan
    Hey, what's going on?
    you
    Just wondering where I can look to find more information regarding the Battlefield 1 server stability issues in the Oceanic region at the moment? Or the best channel to send a ticket through?
    Stefan
    Best idea would be to post your feedback on our Answers HQ on http://answers.ea.com
    the more feedback we get there the sooner we can get things turned around the right way
    you
    Sure - although I do question if it will be addressed in a timely manner through that channel. It's been unplayable for near on a week now, with many reports. Is there any official response from DICE or EA, even on that answers portal, that you can direct me to? I haven't been able to turn anything up.
    Stefan
    Let me have a look and see if there has been any official communications
    you
    Great, thanks
    Stefan
    So I cant see any external messages but the studio has identified the issue and is in contact with the providers for a solution
    So it looks like a fix shouldn't be that far out
    you
    Sure - any indication on the ticket as to when that might be?
    Stefan
    I can't say, I'm afraid.
    I'd suggest to keep at it on the Answers HQ and look for updates on there
    you
    No problem, understandable. Is there some sort of problem/incident ticket that you are looking at though, if I may ask?
    Stefan
    I got that information from internal tickets yes
    I can't provide you with any reference numbers for it I'm afraid
    But I'll leave it for my colleagues should you contact us again int he future
    you
    That's fine - are you able to tell me when the last update was to it by any chance?
    Stefan
    I cant really as it's internal discussions even I don't have visibility towards
    I found this forum post you could keep an eye on however
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/139842/battlefield-1-australian-servers-connectivity-issues
    you
    Better than nothing, thanks for that, will do. As someone who as worked in I.T for many years from support, to development, and systems administration, can I at least recommend that you update that forum post? I know it's not within your power as a CSR, but perhaps you can leave a comment. Five days without communication on an incident of this severity would not fly in professional services.
    At any rate, I'm sure there's not much more you can do beyond that, so I won't trouble you further. Cheers dude.
    Stefan
    You still there?
    you
    One last thing in closing, are you happy for me to post this conversation on the forums to save other Australians the trouble at least?
    Stefan
    It looks like we may have been disconnected. If there's anything else we can help you with don't hesitate to get back in contact. For now I want to thank you for contacting EA Help and have a nice day!
    The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

I'll take that as a 'Sure no problem!'

Hopefully it really is resolved shortly. Would be a shame to see the community die over something like this.
  • FecklessGamer
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Perhaps we could all amuse ourselves for a few hours a day by tying up the online support?
  • s0rtius
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Perhaps we could all amuse ourselves for a few hours a day by tying up the online support?

I'd normally be against such behaviour, but it's been a week, and we've had almost no communication from EA. I suppose when it starts actually costing them money tying up support something will get done quick.

The next step would be demanding refunds; I don't see EA letting it get to that stage, but I'm close myself.
  • StarscreamUK
    Honestly guys posting that you are going to engage in disruptive behavior on their own forum isn't wise.
  • SlacksofPower
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thanks for enduring the 'cloud of friendship'. This is what I call the first level help desk that usually never helps. I love that he references a link to a closed statement for you to check out that essentially says "yeah, we know things are not working".

I too have worked many years in the IT industry to resolve system level issues. At some point you need to take a break and tell the users what is going on. This is just not right. People, like myself, are getting into games only to be knocked out at random times. As of this post the problem is still going on. Any news is welcome.
  • s0rtius
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly guys posting that you are going to engage in disruptive behavior on their own forum isn't wise.

How is it disruptive to demand support fix a product we've paid for? How is it disruptive to demand a refund for something when it's not working? Sorry, but getting aggressive with angry customers is terrible customer service, and like it or not, you're a moderator so you're a first point of contact when it comes to customer service.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    s0rtius wrote: »

How is it disruptive to demand support fix a product we've paid for? How is it disruptive to demand a refund for something when it's not working? Sorry, but getting aggressive with angry customers is terrible customer service, and like it or not, you're a moderator so you're a first point of contact when it comes to customer service.

You have a fair point, and the amount of frustration among OCE players is completely understandable. However, the moderators on this forum are voluntary, thus, they aren't actually employed by EA. At this point, they really can't do a whole lot, so there's no point in taking one's anger out on them.

However, some moderators do know EA employees here and there, so it might be possible for them to ask around a bit, unless their EA friends aren't authorised to tell them anything, that is.

We'd be better off looking at EA employees on this forum. We should also contact i3d.net and ask if the problem is purely on their side or not.

It has been a while since Braddock said anything about this issue here, but I have a feeling that he can't do a whole lot either, besides telling EA's network engineers to hurry up.

This is quite the farce, really, and I hope that EA will compensate OCE players, just like we were all compensated over the stuttering update.
  • sneerfulmite22
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RIP BF1, you will be missed!!!!
  • StarscreamUK

Where am I getting aggressive with anyone? I'm simply pointing out

Isn't the wisest thing to post. Its not a case of getting a refund or getting them to fix anything, its a statement made of pure disruptiveness.

At the end of the day you can do whatever you chose, you don't have to take any notice of me. But if like others you fall foul of rules, don't say nobody gave warning.

Heck if I could tell you anything I would, but only EA can. We can never say anything that isn't approved by ea in relation to matters like this.

• IRON_WOLF1986
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seriously it has been like this for a week now, wake the freaking hell up EA
  • kxnau
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    soon hopefully
    Post edited by kxnau on
  • Braddock512
    1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    How is it disruptive to demand support fix a product we've paid for?
    Glad you asked. Asking for help isn't disruptive at all. Encouraging others to spam support (when you know very well a CSR at a call center can't resolve this issue) is technically abuse of support.
    How is it disruptive to demand a refund for something when it's not working?
    You can review the EA Refund policy here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/
    Sorry, but getting aggressive with angry customers is terrible customer service, and like it or not, you're a moderator so you're a first point of contact when it comes to customer service.
    A bit of column A and column B on this one.
    1. Our volunteer moderators aren't here to take abuse. Literally no one is - the community, the devs, EA Staff, mods - it's sort of in our rules, like it or not.
    2. Expressing your dissatisfaction with an ongoing issue our teams are working to address with our partners is understandable. Veering into the realms of harassment, abuse, or other forum violations will not be excused, regardless of the reason.
    3. The recommendation by StarscreamUK was simply to inform you that it's not wise to 'rally the troops' to spam EA Help. This issue is beyond their ability to resolve (or it would be resolved already. Our devs, QA teams, and partners are working to address the problems and resolve the connectivity issues faced by our APAC community. Unfortunately, we don't have an update to share at this time as it is ongoing. When we do have an update , an ETA on a fix, something more, we will share it.) So, hitting up EA Help advisors to demand compensation (which they are not authorized to provide), ask for a refund (which is only available per the conditions stated in the link above), or just yell at someone doesn't solve anything.

As soon as I have some update to share, we will share it. Apologies for the frustration, I know it's annoying.

-Braddock512-
  • s0rtius
    edited April 2018
    3. The recommendation by StarscreamUK was simply to inform you that it's not wise to 'rally the troops' to spam EA Help. This issue is beyond their ability to resolve (or it would be resolved already. Our devs, QA teams, and partners are working to address the problems and resolve the connectivity issues faced by our APAC community. Unfortunately, we don't have an update to share at this time as it is ongoing. When we do have an update , an ETA on a fix, something more, we will share it.) So, hitting up EA Help advisors to demand compensation (which they are not authorized to provide), ask for a refund (which is only available per the conditions stated in the link above), or just yell at someone doesn't solve anything.

Some of us value the money we have, and don't have the cash to throw down on a game only to have it cut off. The lack of updates, the sheer lack of communication means we all should be contacting support as often as possible to get an update. The only way customers have of getting information, and maybe reminding EA that we are paying customers, is to 'spam support'.

If you're not going to update us until the problem is fixed, expect customers to not only want answers, but to be a bit angry at the situation.

You can't abate a community's anger by trying to turn it back on us. StarscreamUK had many options before he/she engaged in this thread, and while I understand the difficulty of being a moderator, the tone of his/her replies leave a lot to be desired. There's angry customers, maybe not as many as the Battlefront II debacle, but our grievances shouldn't be ignored.
  • StarscreamUK
    I'm not sure what you mean about my tone, but if I've said something in a way you have taken offence to, it certainly wasn't intended. You can speak to me via pm If you wish.
  • Braddock512
    1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited April 2018
    Some of us value the money we have, and don't have the cash to throw down on a game only to have it cut off. The lack of updates, the sheer lack of communication means we all should be contacting support as often as possible to get an update. The only way customers have of getting information, and maybe reminding EA that we are paying customers, is to 'spam support'.
    Okay, my last post was a bit more diplomatic as I do understand how frustrating this is, but since you've decided to completely ignore that, I'll state it more clearly.
    Abuse of support - encouraging others to abuse support - is a violation of the Terms of Service which can result in minor infraction warnings up to suspension or termination of your account, ability to post on the forums, etc. The CSRs at EA Help do not have an inside track that the Community Manager (that would be me) doesn't have. I literally work at DICE LA and interact with the Dev team constantly.
    If you're not going to update us until the problem is fixed, expect customers to not only want answers, but to be a bit angry at the situation.
    I didn't say that, and I definitely do understand being upset. I LITERALLY stated "When we do have an update , an ETA on a fix, something more, we will share it." (You even quoted it.) It's 6AM on Tuesday morning in my time. I'm LITERALLY in a Slack channel discussing the status with our Devs. I don't have anything to share yet.
    You can't abate a community's anger by trying to turn it back on us. StarscreamUK had many options before he/she engaged in this thread, and while I understand the difficulty of being a moderator, the tone of his/her replies leave a lot to be desired. There's angry customers, maybe not as many as the Battlefront II debacle, but our grievances shouldn't be ignored.
    Wasn't attempting to 'turn your anger back on you'. I was clearly explaining the situation.
    And I won't continue to discuss moderation with you. You can abide by the rules (being angry doesn't mean being abusive. It's not hard.) or not. Should you choose the latter, please do not be surprised with the consequences of that choice.

-Braddock512-

• SStoj
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2018
    How is it disruptive to demand a refund for something when it's not working?
    You can review the EA Refund policy here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

-Braddock512-

I have gone to the relevant section for Australian Consumers, who have separate refund conditions to the rest of the world, thanks to our Consumer Protection laws.

"What are my statutory rights under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law?
    Under the Australian Consumer Law, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major problem, and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage."

I'd say this constitutes a "major problem", so under Australian Consumer Law you are entitled to a refund. If EA support refuses your refund request, forward a complaint to the ACCC. It'd be pretty great to see them fine EA just like they fined Valve.
  • Cpl_McCrumpet
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Day 8 .........its been 8 days ...still trying to remain calm, respectful, tolerant and understanding
    I'm sure you will tell us on a need to know basis....but the customer service side guys sorry but it stinks
    Trying to imagine the uproar if this happened on a European or US server ....your lucky we are so placid...........

If you feel like your banging your head against a brick wall here in this forum then feel free to join us here and bang your head in the EA tech support forum
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/AU-Game-dropping-out-unable-to-connect-to-servers/m-p/6735764#M28433
This discussion has been closed.