Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

When I say refund I mean through EA, when I say charge back I mean through your card issuer. Also, I specifically say refund for the game, I hadn't mentioned servers yet.

Why not? I am asking you about the server refunds but you are reluctant to voice your opinion? Why is that? Are you sitting on the fence and have no opinion? You seem to have a strong opinion on those asking for refunds. So I am a little confused by your stance.
    I encourage people to do that too, what I don't support is people who have seen this thread, read through it and seen the posts from forum mods, and EA reps, and still doing so. If they're doing it for a refund that's fine, but in my eyes it's pointless to constantly contact support when there is a thread where we have had responses from the team, this is where you will get the updates, as has been proven, some of the support staff aren't even aware of the issue, which leads to more frustration because you get the same answers every time, then it gets posted here and we go round and round again. Maybe harassment was a little much, but I think my point stands, telling a volunteer to read up on Australian consumer protection laws is silly, and beating him over the head with it is doing nothing.

I am sorry but you are simply incorrect. I was replying with the correct link to EA Aus refund policy an EA employee named Braddock512 who was quoting a refund policy THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AUSTRALIAN CONSUMERS
    I don't know if you read what I have already posted but EA had agreed that their employees were to be provided with training in Australian Consumer Law. This region specific refund policy arose out of the undertakings EA had with the ACCC in April 2015.
    As I said above, if you're contacting them for a refund I see no issue. (I am ignoring the fact I don't think many people deserve a refund here because I am specifically talking about the use of the support lines.) Yes, I'm sure they do have a contingency plan, but why would you contact support when you're in this thread anyway and are up to date on everything happening. Notice that we really haven't received any useful information from support in this thread.

Because EA themselves advises one to use their specific support channels in the link below.

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/contact-ea-help/ doesn't even mention these forums as an official channel for support. Chat , email & phone , Twitter and Facebook for support on their social media platforms.

I'm also tired of not having any communication too. This was poorly worded, what I mean by "work with the company" is; if you want a refund, you should be working with the company and doing your best to get a refund through the proper channels, when that fails then look into charge backs.

Yes that is what I have done and encouraged others to do by providing the information necessary to do this. Again you explain yourself above by using the same term as your answer. "Mean by work with company is , if you want a refund , you should be working with the company" ?? Well the procedure is pretty simple, call the number, refer to what I have stated , guy on phone gets approval from Manager , confirms your account or paypal details. -wallah !! You will get an email confirmation that your order/s have been refunded and you should see this also in Origin in your Order History...
    I have already stated chargeback is only available if the trader refuses to refund and only within certain time frame. I don't know how much more one needs to do what you seem to be saying. Just be polite and civil if this what you are trying to say..otherwise you will need to clarify your terminology.
    Again, words have to be used in context. The people who I am referring to are the forum mods and the EA reps, I don't know much about their game development experience, but I'd say there's a reason why they aren't on the Dev team. This is their job, to be the link between the Dev team and the community. They're not the people who are actually fixing the game.

But isn't it good to know that we have our very own "man on the spot" Mr Braddock512 who says
    I literally work at DICE LA and interact with the Dev team constantly.

So it would be safe to assume that after such a long time that he would have more than he has given us to date.

There's no new information because they haven't figured out what the problem is. Or haven't figured out what the time frame for the fix is. It's bad to not communicate with a community, it's worse to give them a timeframe for a fix and not get it out on time.

It's unacceptable that we've waited as long as we have, but that's not what I'm talking about, I'm explaining why they don't have any information, because it's not available to give.

Or it could be they haven't put enough resources into finding out what the problem is either. Let's explore all plausible reasons. They may has set priorities that you or I are not aware of. I haven't seen the word priority mentioned anywhere by these volunteers or EA Employees.

Why would they offer a refund for servers that have been down for 10 days when they haven't got a fix yet? You'll **** more people off by offering a 10 day refund and then not having the fix out until the 14th day.

But they haven't indicated that any compensation will be offered at all , even if they fix the servers, have they? They could at least say that , "once the servers are fixed we will offer compensation for days lost by way of pro-rata refund" this covers whatever down time that occurs. It's just good customer service and fairness.
    If there are no refunds for server owners I will gladly eat my own words, but the refunds should be taken care of once the fix has been rolled out. I'd imagine you'll even see a note in the announcement of the fix specifically referencing server owners and how the refunds will end up working.

There is nothing stopping them from saying this now, it shows empathy and goodwill. Would you like tomato or BBQ sauce with your paper that you most likely be eating? :) :)
    I'm criticizing the people who want refunds who have already got their moneys worth out of the game, not the people who have recently bought it.

This is just your opinion and subjective at that. Who are you to determine who has got their money's worth out of a game? Do you have some magical formula? If so, please feel free to let everyone know your method :)

• PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    You won't see any mention of priority from us volunteers. As I said way back I raised this issue and received nothing further back which is why I didn't post sooner. As yet I stil know nothing more. We do not work for ea so any information has to come from ea. If I posted daily saying sorry, nothing to report you would've been even more annoyed...

When you receive nothing further back from EA and you are a volunteer which means you are trying to help their customers for gratis , that tells me a lot about the priority of this matter. It's also undermines the respect they have for you as a volunteer and for their customers. Which isn't a lot. That's your excuse but we have had EA Employees come to this thread and post and none of them indicated that anything is being done with any priority. Doesn't inspire much confidence in the player base does it?

Even if they said we are working on this as a priority, it would make a lot of difference. However the language being used isn't confidence inspiring to say the least.

I have bought every title in the BF franchise except for Hardline since 2002 , starting with the BF 1942 Beta in 2002. How you handle disasters like this, has an impact on those who have remained loyal to your franchise.

There is no problem with NA/Europe Servers. They seem to be pumping along just fine , have no idea why the US servers are displaying the AUS flag next to them, this is a bug that has never been fixed. I created a filter specific to NA and Europe as you can see.

MBqoeQA.png

Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • sneerfulmite22
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Ok ...Day 11 now ;)...I dont think this will ever be fixed now!!
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good News late yesterday support asked me to clear my IE cache to fix the problem. Who new me clearing my cache would fix all the Australian servers....
  • SuperSaiyan0108
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good News late yesterday support asked me to clear my IE cache to fix the problem. Who new me clearing my cache would fix all the Australian servers....

The true hero we deserve! Thank you for your service, simply clearing your IE Cache all the Oceanic Servers are now fixed. Bloody solid mate!

Funny that it is somehow OUR problem when it is there 3rd Party Server Providers that need to fix the issue.
  • TheHeftyD
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just think of all those poor hackers paying a subscription to auto-aim who are now paying for a service they can't use.... :wink: There has to be a silver lining to the madness right haha

But in all seriousness this is just nuts! The distinct lack of ongoing communication with the community is complete rubbish - BF1 is a seriously great game, and EA a seriously big company, so why is this so hard to fix? It leaves a bad taste in the mouth, and has left me getting more involved in competing titles.
  • emu1981
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This issue does kinda make you wonder what the heck could go so wrong that the servers are crashing under load that only affects a singular region rather then all of the servers worldwide and why have they not found the cause of the problem and/or a fix for it?

I do hope that EA/Dice give us compensation for the community events that we are missing out on. Things like:
    - Medic SLR kills community event - servers were dead during most of this event. Personally I missed out on the 500 scraps due to not being able to get into a game to get the last 80 kills - others may have missed out on the SLR battlepack as well
    - Support points scoring community event - this one would be freaking easy to get if I could actually get into a game. 50,000 points would be a couple of full games at most if bonus points and medal points are not included. Missing out on scraps and LMG battlepack
    - Medals - bit hard to get these if the servers are not working and what makes this worse is that we probably won't see the medals again for months even if we are lucky. Last week was "Soldier's Silver Sword" - first time I have seen that since the TT release but couldn't complete it due to servers crashing. This week is the Apocalypse's "Golden Bullet of the Myrmidon" which would be freaking easy to get if I could actually get into games and have the kills counted towards completion if the server crashed. Still sitting on 17/20 RSC SMG kills due to server crashes.

• PvtJohnTowle
    edited April 2018
    EA Games Support Video "The Sound of Silence" The name of the band and the song suits them to a tee..

Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited April 2018

Hey the support guy must have seen this video on Youtube !!! Yes "Clearing the Catcheys" that's the trick, " You think EA would have publicly told us this is the fix for our connection Problems !! Those Catches can really be a problem for BF1 servers. Did you flush your DNS as well? This would have helped a lot too !! Did you get to "Execute the Kamerad"?? Thanks for the tip , I will try and do this and this seems like your support guy really knew what he was talking about.. :D

• GaZZa59
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One more day before I request a refund & leave behind this pathetic mess that is EA.

I highly doubt that I will purchase another EA product in the foreseeable future based on the shocking level of customer support we have just endured.

Lets hope that other software companies see the danger of EA's lack of support as shown here in Australia & take any required steps to ensure they don't fall in to the same position.

Ea's loss will surely be some competitors gain?

Now who here can point me to a FPS game that is not an EA product that they can recommend to buy?
  • Jezza1980s
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can not believe that the BF1 servers are still an issue, it has been nearly two weeks!!! I can get on the Asian servers but my ping rate is very poor? Not happy DICE/EA. Maybe a bit more PR/explanation wouldn't go astray rather than saying 'we are looking into it'!!!!
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited April 2018
    GaZZa59 wrote: »
    One more day before I request a refund & leave behind this pathetic mess that is EA.

I highly doubt that I will purchase another EA product in the foreseeable future based on the shocking level of customer support we have just endured.

Lets hope that other software companies see the danger of EA's lack of support as shown here in Australia & take any required steps to ensure they don't fall in to the same position.

Now who here can point me to a FPS game that is not an EA product that they can recommend to buy?

Rainbow Six Siege looks interesting ! On Steam !!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/359550/Tom_Clancys_Rainbow_Six_Siege/ Lots of players too !!

http://steamcharts.com/app/359550
  • Netranger9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the love of god,how hard can it be?.In my job,11 days would put us out of Business . /GG EA
  • ShinyDemon
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Have another day off Teams at EA/DICE
  • Sir-Rouphie
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why not? I am asking you about the server refunds but you are reluctant to voice your opinion? Why is that? Are you sitting on the fence and have no opinion? You seem to have a strong opinion on those asking for refunds. So I am a little confused by your stance.

I mentioned it in my first post, just not right at the top.
    The ONLY people that deserve a refund of any kind are the people that have paid for servers, or bought the game just prior or during this problem.

As you can see, there's no fence sitting here. People that have paid for servers and the people who in my opinion are the most affected by the down time.
    I was replying with the correct link to EA Aus refund policy an EA employee named Braddock512

You're right. I made a mistake.
    Because EA themselves advises one to use their specific support channels in the link below.

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/contact-ea-help/ doesn't even mention these forums as an official channel for support. Chat , email & phone , Twitter and Facebook for support on their social media platforms.

I think we're never going to agree here. I think if you've read up on a thread that has got updates from the Community Manager inside then there's very little point in contacting support to get more information.
    Again you explain yourself above by using the same term as your answer. "Mean by work with company is , if you want a refund , you should be working with the company" ??

If you want a refund, you should be doing your best to get a refund through the proper channels, when that fails then look into charge backs.

Fixed. Might have been a little tired when I wrote that.
    Or it could be they haven't put enough resources into finding out what the problem is either. Let's explore all plausible reasons. They may has set priorities that you or I are not aware of. I haven't seen the word priority mentioned anywhere by these volunteers or EA Employees.

You're absolutely right, there could be plenty of reasons why.
    But they haven't indicated that any compensation will be offered at all , even if they fix the servers, have they?

No they haven't and I'm just as frustrated as you are about it.
    There is nothing stopping them from saying this now, it shows empathy and goodwill. Would you like tomato or BBQ sauce with your paper that you most likely be eating? :) :)

Barbecue please. Tomato never tastes right to me.
    This is just your opinion and subjective at that. Who are you to determine who has got their money's worth out of a game? Do you have some magical formula? If so, please feel free to let everyone know your method :)

I hope I never gave you the impression my word is fact, of course it's an opinion. I'm not trying to determine who got their money's worth, anyone reading this is big enough to make their own decisions. I'm explaining how I see it from my perspective and they can choose what they do with it.

My goal in these posts isn't to rile you up, it's to point out my opinion, and because there were so little people that share my opinion I thought it would be best to point some things out from my side of the fence.
  • ooO-Skull-Oooo
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You will never get a proper response from EA on these forums...Just tweet at @EAHelp and you will get a fast response cause they care about what the image looks like on twitter. If you really want a response and people jumping through hoops you will need a hashtag with a few hundred people on it.
  • GaZZa59

http://store.steampowered.com/app/359550/Tom_Clancys_Rainbow_Six_Siege/ Lots of players too !!

Not sure that rainbow 6 siege would be my cup of tea but appreciate your help & quick reply....now if only EA were that quick to respond..........& in a helpful way.

Call of Duty ww2 any good for online play here in Aus....?

• M0rph4eus
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sorry but I don't buy this clearing a cache out for a second :-) sounds like a grand tech support Fob off. I have spoken to a guy at work who plays on console and they are having issues not to mention they cant clear a cache out on that :-) Lets see how long you stay connected but it seems all to easy a fix in my opinion and if was that simple why would EA have not said this a week ago.
  • Titan_Awaken
    611 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not sure that rainbow 6 siege would be my cup of tea but appreciate your help & quick reply....now if only EA were that quick to respond..........& in a helpful way.

WW2 is dead on PC. As I'm writing this now, there's only 2,000+ players online on Steam. Campaign mode is pretty good - has a decent story but is quite generic according to some. If you're talking online play (Multiplayer and Zombies), you'll most likely have a hard time finding a good server with actual people on it (most multiplayer modes are dead at least in Aus). Zombies is easier to find a server but you'll have a load of lag most likely since you'll find hosts who are based in NA, Asia, EU etc - your shots will take 1 second on average to successfully register and no this isn't exaggerated.

Oh yeah, there's also a hacking problem on PC in multiplayer...
  • GaZZa59

WW2 is dead on PC. As I'm writing this now, there's only 2,000+ players online on Steam. Campaign mode is pretty good - has a decent story but is quite generic according to some. If you're talking online play (Multiplayer and Zombies), you'll most likely have a hard time finding a good server with actual people on it (most multiplayer modes are dead at least in Aus). Zombies is easier to find a server but you'll have a load of lag most likely since you'll find hosts who are based in NA, Asia, EU etc - your shots will take 1 second on average to successfully register and no this isn't exaggerated.

Bugger....will have to hope that EA comes good in the next 24 hours or I will be off to find an interim solution like a good fps campaign mode game till we have adeqaultely populated aussie servers running a decent fps again.
This discussion has been closed.